Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #31
C Dissonance
Subspace Radio User
 
C Dissonance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 6, '06
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 833
Phone: Galaxy S4
Thanks: 55
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
SU$: 3,915
Hell hath no fury like an internet savvy customer scorned.

We can't possibly use the internet to figure out what percentage of people returned their phones, but we can see the hundreds of posts on Sprint/Google's forum (and this one) and combine them with confirmations from reputable websites to figure out that there is a problem with the phone.

How different people feel about the phone's performance and what they did with the phone is irrelevant, the FACT is that the Nexus S does not receive as strong a signal as other Sprint phones do, and this is a defect that should be fixed:
C Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:48 PM   #32
KingCoop
Phone Whore
 
KingCoop's Avatar
 
Mood: Inspired
Join Date: Mar 4, '05
Location: USA
Posts: 2,261
Phone: iPhone 4
Trades: 2
Thanks: 130
Thanked 99 Times in 73 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 1,615
Can't fight the facts... I knew the Nexus S had problems on T-Mobile and I know it has them on Sprint. Still going to keep it as I like the form factor, stock Android (without having to root), and battery life.

I do agree with others in the assumption that Sprint/Google/Samsung just don't give a rats *****. Once the phone is sold, they've made their profit. But it tarnishes their brand image, which is more important then your current financial reporting because consumers are hard to change once given a cold shoulder.

There are upper level Sprint execs who read these posts everyday and will still do nothing to fix the problems that they see. It's called [bad] business.

Shoot Google doesn't even have a number to call to voice your concerns about defective Nexus hardware... good luck on their online forum. Shows how much they care (or know) about customer service.
__________________
iPhone 4 - VZW 1400 Min Fam Plan w/ 10 F&F | Unl Data | Unl Txt

Last edited by KingCoop; 06-24-2011 at 05:55 PM.
KingCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #33
KingCoop
Phone Whore
 
KingCoop's Avatar
 
Mood: Inspired
Join Date: Mar 4, '05
Location: USA
Posts: 2,261
Phone: iPhone 4
Trades: 2
Thanks: 130
Thanked 99 Times in 73 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 1,615
Yeah this is just ridiculous:

http://goo.gl/Zy4Zf
__________________
iPhone 4 - VZW 1400 Min Fam Plan w/ 10 F&F | Unl Data | Unl Txt
KingCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #34
eieiomax
Cellular Phone User
 
eieiomax's Avatar
 
Mood: Cheerful
Join Date: Jan 20, '11
Posts: 1,356
Thanks: 127
Thanked 108 Times in 81 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 14,864
If you start a new thread about it.. I can get is some major traffic unless the mods shut it down..
eieiomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #35
Irishman42
Cellular Phone User
 
Irishman42's Avatar
 
Mood: Breezy
Join Date: Feb 22, '11
Location: Oregon, Ohio
Posts: 1,692
Phone: HTC Rezound
Thanks: 76
Thanked 162 Times in 126 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCoop View Post
Can't fight the facts... I knew the Nexus S had problems on T-Mobile and I know it has them on Sprint. Still going to keep it as I like the form factor, stock Android (without having to root), and battery life.

I do agree with others in the assumption that Sprint/Google/Samsung just don't give a rats *****. Once the phone is sold, they've made their profit. But it tarnishes their brand image, which is more important then your current financial reporting because consumers are hard to change once given a cold shoulder.

There are upper level Sprint execs who read these posts everyday and will still do nothing to fix the problems that they see. It's called [bad] business.

Shoot Google doesn't even have a number to call to voice your concerns about defective Nexus hardware... good luck on their online forum. Shows how much they care (or know) about customer service.
I don't know about Sprint not caring, the HTC EVO 4G and now the 3D both received fixes right out of the gate. But it also seems that HTC takes better care of customers than Samsung. I took mine back after one day, it was just something I couldn't risk. I missed a few calls, and twice I couldn't call out. It's really a shame, because the phone is awesome otherwise.
__________________
Sent from my phone!
Irishman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #36
KingCoop
Phone Whore
 
KingCoop's Avatar
 
Mood: Inspired
Join Date: Mar 4, '05
Location: USA
Posts: 2,261
Phone: iPhone 4
Trades: 2
Thanks: 130
Thanked 99 Times in 73 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 1,615
I just came back in and while I was out I did notice that my signal stayed very low and in some instances showed no signal at all but my 4G was still working and pulling down semi nice speeds. The ping time needs major improvement and uploads should not be capped seeing that we are now paying a "premium data fee". Verizon/AT&T/T-Mobile don't cap uploads like Sprint does at 1 Mb and they have no such fee.



__________________
iPhone 4 - VZW 1400 Min Fam Plan w/ 10 F&F | Unl Data | Unl Txt

Last edited by KingCoop; 06-24-2011 at 09:14 PM.
KingCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #37
mcantu
Telegraph User
 
mcantu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, '08
Location: NYC
Posts: 86
Phone: Nexus S 4G
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 389
KingCoop,

can you try the speedtest over at speakeasy.net? i'm getting speeds twice as high as the speedtest.net app. the xtremelabs speedtest app also shows higher speeds...
mcantu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #38
stmiranda
Telephone User
 
stmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 25, '09
Posts: 284
Phone: Galaxy S3
Thanks: 38
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
SU$: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Dissonance View Post
Hell hath no fury like an internet savvy customer scorned.

We can't possibly use the internet to figure out what percentage of people returned their phones, but we can see the hundreds of posts on Sprint/Google's forum (and this one) and combine them with confirmations from reputable websites to figure out that there is a problem with the phone.

How different people feel about the phone's performance and what they did with the phone is irrelevant, the FACT is that the Nexus S does not receive as strong a signal as other Sprint phones do, and this is a defect that should be fixed:
How come yours says EvDo rev.0? Mine shows Rev.A
stmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #39
stmiranda
Telephone User
 
stmiranda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 25, '09
Posts: 284
Phone: Galaxy S3
Thanks: 38
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
SU$: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
KingCoop,

can you try the speedtest over at speakeasy.net? i'm getting speeds twice as high as the speedtest.net app. the xtremelabs speedtest app also shows higher speeds...
Mine too. The app is flawed me thinks .....
stmiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #40
C Dissonance
Subspace Radio User
 
C Dissonance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 6, '06
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 833
Phone: Galaxy S4
Thanks: 55
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
SU$: 3,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmiranda View Post
How come yours says EvDo rev.0? Mine shows Rev.A
It changes in different locations. Rev A is upgraded 3G data. I guess some towers still have Rev 0 (still 3G, but upload isn't as good).
__________________
C Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #41
JustinHoMi
Telephone User
 
JustinHoMi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 14, '03
Location: NC
Posts: 290
Phone: Motorola Photon
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
SU$: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCoop View Post

I do agree with others in the assumption that Sprint/Google/Samsung just don't give a rats *****.
I disagree. Look at the facts: nearly every Samsung phone that's been released in the last 10 years has had some hardware problem. So who do you think is to blame? If it's a hardware problem, then Sprint and Google aren't going to be able to do anything about it. Samsung, on the other problem, should be tarred and feathered. Of course... I've been saying that for 10 years, and I still bought the Nexus (and returned it).
__________________
Denso TP -> Sanyo 6200 -> Samsung A600 -> Treo 600 -> Red Sanyo 8200 -> Sanyo 7400 -> Sanyo 7500 -> LG Fusic -> Motorola Q -> Motorola Q9C -> Palm Pre -> Palm Pre -> Palm Pre -> Palm Pre -> Palm Pre -> Palm Pre -> Palm Pre -> Samsung Moment -> Nexus S -> Evo 3D -> Motorola Photon
JustinHoMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Samsung > With heavy heart, I confirm the Nexus radio problems...

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CES 2009: Slacker Available for BlackBerry Smartphones! Andre RIM BlackBerry Phones 24 02-26-2009 07:44 PM
Pandora Radio is now free for Sprint Customers! mitchflorida Sprint Discussion 22 01-21-2009 06:50 PM
XM Radio to Launch George Strait Channel Studintx The Tech News Desk 1 03-12-2008 04:21 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:35 PM.


- SprintUsers.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sprint PCS -