Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Photon - Sprint Official Known Issues

Issue Title: Motorola Photon (MB855) - Photon 4G - locked screen
Posted Date: 7/28/2011

Description:
When the screen times-out it goes dark or you can shut the screen off by pressing the power or on/off button. If you press the power or on/off button the screen should awake and allow you to use your phone. In some instances pressing the power or on/off button does not wake the screen.

Action: Pending MR
If this issue occurs the battery will need to be pulled. This issue will be fixed in a MR to launch mid August.

Issue Title: Motorola Photon (MB855) - Photon 4G- Unable to upload contacts from SD card if transfered via bluetooth
Posted Date: 7/31/2011

Description:
Pair a "feature" phone via Bluetooth to Photon and transfer contacts to a SD card installed in a Photon. Once the transfer is completed upload contacts to the contact list by pressing phone->Contacts->menu->import/export contacts->import from SD card. Photon does not read the contacts properly. If you save contacts on a SD card from another Android device and install it into Photon it works properly. Photon can also be tethered to a computer to upload contacts.

This is being addressed in a future MR.

Issue Title: Motorola Photon (MB855) - Photon 4G - Able to send a text with security lock enabled
Posted Date: 7/29/2011

Description:
Screen security lock is enabled on the device (Menu>Settings>Location and Security settings>Set up screen lock). When the phone is in a dormant state and an incoming call appears if you hit ignore the device gives you an option to respond with a text.

The device should prompt to enter a security code and then allow the user to send a text.

This issue will be addressed in a future MR.

Issue Title: Motorola Photon (MB855) - Photon 4G - Device does not play slideshows delivered via MMS

Description:
A slideshow is a bundle or combination of pictures, video or audio. Photon 4G has the ability to create a slideshow by selecting multiple pictures, video or audio. When a slideshow is created and delivered as an attachment to a Photon via MMS the device does not play the slideshow when it is selected.

All multimedia files that are not bundled into a slideshow can be viewed or played as expected.

This issue is being addressed in the next MR that is to be released mid August.

Issue Title: Motorola Photon (MB855) - Photon 4G - Visual Voicemail does not work with some MONO Bluetooth headsets

Description:
Certain mono bluetooth headsets do not work with Visual Voicemail. Users can still get voicemail by dialing 1 on the dial pad.

This issue will be addressed with a MR launching mid August.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Duffman For This Useful Post:
Bibbin (09-08-2011), chiphead (08-19-2011), ericdabbs (08-01-2011), JackG058 (07-31-2011), Maclynns67 (08-21-2011), manekineko (07-31-2011), okiwa002 (09-04-2011), TonyTurboII (07-31-2011)
Old 07-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
BigLouie
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 6 Gold
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 3,642
Thanks, I have a few "pain in the butt" issues but nothing major. Miss some of the HTC widgets like Call History and the time and weather widget
BigLouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
textonic
Telephone User

Phone: Motorola Photon
SU$: 1,205
I've had issues, with not hearing the person on the other end and vice versa until i reboot the phone
textonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
hytek369
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Tired
Phone: iPhone5s
My Mood: Tired
SU$: 1,233
Send a message via AIM to hytek369 Send a message via Yahoo to hytek369 Send a message via Skype™ to hytek369
What does MR stand for?

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
yakov116
Money Talks Mine Says Goodbye

Mood: Amused
Phone: Moto q9c
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by hytek369 View Post
What does MR stand for?

Thanks.
I think Major Release
Old 07-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
donniegood04
Telephone User

Phone: Htc Arrive
SU$: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakov116 View Post
I think Major Release
Maintenance Release
donniegood04 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to donniegood04 For This Useful Post:
popularbelief (08-08-2011)
Old 07-31-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
Irishman42
Cellular Phone User

Phone: HTC Rezound
SU$: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by textonic View Post
I've had issues, with not hearing the person on the other end and vice versa until i reboot the phone
From reading around on different forums, it appears you're not alone with this issue.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
yakov116
Money Talks Mine Says Goodbye

Mood: Amused
Phone: Moto q9c
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 1,212
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniegood04 View Post
Maintenance Release
What does OP stand for?
Old 07-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
donniegood04
Telephone User

Phone: Htc Arrive
SU$: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakov116 View Post
What does OP stand for?
Where at lol ... on forums? Original Poster. I am not sure as to where your suffering to
donniegood04 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to donniegood04 For This Useful Post:
yakov116 (07-31-2011)
Old 07-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #10
JackG058
U. S. Army vet

Mood: Doh
Phone: Nexus 6p
My Mood: Doh
SU$: 25,350
Awesome to hear that an MR is coming in just a couple of weeks. Moto definitely needs to make this thing shine with Sammy right around the corner. I'm loving my Photon and haven't seen any bugs yet, knock on wood!
JackG058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:21 PM   #11
ericdabbs
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Happy
Phone: MoPho 4G
My Mood: Happy
SU$: 13,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
Issue Title: Motorola Photon (MB855) - Photon 4G - locked screen

Description:
When the screen times-out it goes dark or you can shut the screen off by pressing the power or on/off button. If you press the power or on/off button the screen should awake and allow you to use your phone. In some instances pressing the power or on/off button does not wake the screen.

If this issue occurs the battery will need to be pulled. This issue will be fixed in a MR to launch mid August.

Issue Title: Motorola Photon (MB855) - Photon 4G- Unable to upload contacts from SD card if transfered via bluetooth
Posted Date: 7/31/2011

Description:
Pair a "feature" phone via Bluetooth to Photon and transfer contacts to a SD card installed in a Photon. Once the transfer is completed upload contacts to the contact list by pressing phone->Contacts->menu->import/export contacts->import from SD card. Photon does not read the contacts properly. If you save contacts on a SD card from another Android device and install it into Photon it works properly. Photon can also be tethered to a computer to upload contacts.

This is being addressed in a future MR.

Issue Title: Motorola Photon (MB855) - Photon 4G - Able to send a text with security lock enabled

Description:
Screen security lock is enabled on the device (Menu>Settings>Location and Security settings>Set up screen lock). When the phone is in a dormant state and an incoming call appears if you hit ignore the device gives you an option to respond with a text.

The device should prompt to enter a security code and then allow the user to send a text.

This issue will be addressed in a future MR.

Issue Title: Motorola Photon (MB855) - Photon 4G - Device does not play slideshows delivered via MMS

Description:
A slideshow is a bundle or combination of pictures, video or audio. Photon 4G has the ability to create a slideshow by selecting multiple pictures, video or audio. When a slideshow is created and delivered as an attachment to a Photon via MMS the device does not play the slideshow when it is selected.

All multimedia files that are not bundled into a slideshow can be viewed or played as expected.

This issue is being addressed in the next MR that is to be released mid August.

Issue Title: Motorola Photon (MB855) - Photon 4G - Visual Voicemail does not work with some MONO Bluetooth headsets

Description:
Certain mono bluetooth headsets do not work with Visual Voicemail. Users can still get voicemail by dialing 1 on the dial pad.

This issue will be addressed with a MR launching mid August.
Duffman. How do you know that Motorola is going to announce a MR release in mid August? Is there a press release that they mentioned this. I am glad that Motorola is working hard on trying to address issues to their software so quickly after its release.
ericdabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
TonyTurboII
Resident Android Expert

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: Epic Touch
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 9,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by textonic View Post
Hah, with 3 microphones you would think at least one of them would work, lol.
TonyTurboII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:50 PM   #13
Irishman42
Cellular Phone User

Phone: HTC Rezound
SU$: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
Duffman. How do you know that Motorola is going to announce a MR release in mid August? Is there a press release that they mentioned this. I am glad that Motorola is working hard on trying to address issues to their software so quickly after its release.
That's an internal document. It's not Duffman saying it. It's what Sprint is saying. Not uncommon for a MR to come that fast from any manufacturer.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:09 PM   #14
bossiercopssuck
Telephone User

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: Note 3
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 2,431
It is Sprint Internal Proprietary information, not for release to the general public... That's why i left the MR updates and fixes for known issues off of my last post. But, hey it happens, and anyone could get the same info from calling Care or Tech... So not sure what the big secret is, but the MR's come from the manufacturers of the OS not from Sprint.
Customers are the worst part of my day...
But it pays the bills, so I remain....
bossiercopssuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:47 PM   #15
hotis300boy
Cordless Phone User

Phone: EVO 4g
SU$: 5,401
Send a message via AIM to hotis300boy
I have the 3D i was playing with my cousins Photon today and a MAJOR issue I HATE that I see on SOME android phones such as ALL samsung phones and UNFORTUNATELY on Motorola too now is that in your contacts there is no field for selecting a group that you have already made in your google contacts.

For example in my google contacts I have friends, family, work, etc, all of which DO download to the photon and even samsung phones HOWEVER, you cannot add to these categories so WHAT is the point of having them download to the phone if you cannot add, edit, delete, or update them. This is either ONE MAJOR android downfall to have such great difference between what is on the different manufactured phones or its a manufacture issue but i don't see why the BASIC info on contacts isn't all the same no matter who makes the phones, its quiet embarrassing if you ask me and they call this a business phone.

I was TOTALLY excited about getting this over the 3D but this feature missing along is keeping me from pulling trigger cause I own a business and every time a business call comes in, I can save it to my business group. I cannot do this on Samsung and apparently Moto phones! Totally sucks
hotis300boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Motorola > Photon - Sprint Official Known Issues

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: