Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 07:35 PM   #61
deusch
Telegraph User

Mood: Amused
Phone: HTC Hero
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by dereileak View Post
i am not, ever since I installed that Voicemail update, it was fine for me, how is your battery holding out?
It's still the same as it has been before. From a full charge and with no use, it'll lose 20% charge after 6 hours.
deusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #62
gigabit
Telephone User

Phone: iPhone 4s 2b
SU$: 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
I can't find the setting to kill the old sms thing. I've checked everything under settings and can't find it.
menu>setting>notifcations

-uncheck it.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:13 AM   #63
joecool335
Telegraph User

Phone: Samsung Moment
SU$: 221
Right now my awake is at 46%... I was on the phone for a while..yes I am using handcent and I have not use the default message app at all, not once... Just in case I really don't know...

I have the phone all day and it told me to plugin around 10:30PM so for me at it is a major improvement....
joecool335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:49 AM   #64
Fat Tony
Uncle Tony

Mood: PMSing
Phone: SIII
My Mood: PMSing
SU$: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigabit View Post
menu>setting>notifcations

-uncheck it.

It's official. I am retarted. I click menu, settings and I don't see NOTIFICATIONS! I see (in order)

Personalize (wallpapers and crap, right)
Wireless controls
Call settings
Sound & Display
Data & Sync
Social Network
Applications
SD Card & phone storage
Date & time
Locale & text (thought it was here, but no dice)
About phone

Please tell me where to go. Remember, I am stupid.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:41 AM   #65
killabee44
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Hero
SU$: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
It's official. I am retarted. I click menu, settings and I don't see NOTIFICATIONS! I see (in order)

Personalize (wallpapers and crap, right)
Wireless controls
Call settings
Sound & Display
Data & Sync
Social Network
Applications
SD Card & phone storage
Date & time
Locale & text (thought it was here, but no dice)
About phone

Please tell me where to go. Remember, I am stupid.
You have to open the default Messaging app first. Go to your app menu and click on Messages. Then click menu, settings, and uncheck notifications.
killabee44 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to killabee44 For This Useful Post:
Fat Tony (10-24-2009)
Old 10-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #66
KAT
Digital PCS User

Phone: Samsung m610
SU$: 14,285
Well I did the Handcent thing, can't say I see a real improvement in battery drain however. I removed the stock shortcut widget of the screen, disabled notifications, rebooted, installed Handset as the default, powered off and charged overnight. Sometimes my battery won't even charge to a full 100%, but 98%. If there's anything wrong with my procedure, please let me know.

On the other hand, I'm glad I found out about the Handcent app. Very nice and customizable, and you can send MSS. With the stock app, you could send MMS but if your file size was to big, it's a no go sending pic mail to another phone. Bummer. But with Handcent, it askes you if you want it to re-size the photo so it can be sent... cool, doesn't matter what size the file is, it still goes out, nice. I'd be using this over the stock messaging app even if there were no issues with it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: