Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #46
narfboy
Two Cans & String User

Mood: Amused
Phone: HTC Hero
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 87
do have a preferred task killer?
narfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #47
cruecu
Telegraph User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 523
there are, at minimum, 50 posts about that already. Advanced Task Killer seems to be preferred.
cruecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #48
killabee44
Telegraph User

SU$: 222
Ok guys, I have Handcent installed.

How do you completely kill the message manager that comes with the phone? Or at least how do you keep it from ringing your tone everytime you get a text (my texts tone rings twice like an echo).

I found a setting but it looks like it is for tone notification of messages in general. How do you turn off notifications by sound and visually from the old manager only?

Thanks.

Last edited by killabee44; 10-16-2009 at 04:37 PM.
killabee44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #49
joecool335
Telegraph User

Phone: Samsung Moment
SU$: 221
Still not working for me...

I did everything you all said and no go min still doesn't sleep at all stays awake 100%...

Im starting to think my phone is a lemon...

I did install spare parts and the dialer is no longer awake...but when
my phone comes back on from reboot it shows messages runing in advance task killer...

Anyone have any ideas

Last edited by joecool335; 10-16-2009 at 04:45 PM.
joecool335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #50
killabee44
Telegraph User

SU$: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabee44 View Post
Ok guys, I have Handcent installed.

How do you completely kill the message manager that comes with the phone? Or at least how do you keep it from ringing your tone everytime you get a text (my texts tone rings twice like an echo).

I found a setting but it looks like it is for tone notification of messages in general. How do you turn off notifications by sound and visually from the old manager only?

Thanks.
Never mind guys, I was able to kill the notifications coming from the old manager. It is under settings from the old manager.

Had seen that setting before, I just thought that it would stop all notifications from reaching Handcent sms as well.
killabee44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #51
kobrapack99
Telegraph User

SU$: 251
ok, now i love my phone. the battery actually lasts now! thanks a bunch to everyone that helped
kobrapack99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #52
dereileak
Computer Geek

Phone: Hero
SU$: 1,052
Send a message via MSN to dereileak Send a message via Skype™ to dereileak
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecool335 View Post
I did everything you all said and no go min still doesn't sleep at all stays awake 100%...

Im starting to think my phone is a lemon...

I did install spare parts and the dialer is no longer awake...but when
my phone comes back on from reboot it shows messages runing in advance task killer...

Anyone have any ideas
update update ur voicemail, then restart ur phone, that fixed mine
Old 10-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #53
joecool335
Telegraph User

I did update the voicemail...its the first thing I did...was I supposed to update voicemail then install handcent and then reboot...because I update voicemail rebooted and then I installed handcent and rebooted....
Old 10-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #54
jdawg0528
Telegraph User

SU$: 207
thanks for all the advice in this thread. i installed handcent and then rebooted my phone. since using handcent for texting my battery is actually lasting the whole day ... yippeeee
jdawg0528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:53 PM   #55
joecool335
Telegraph User

I finally got mine fixed...well not really I returned and it exchanged it for a new one...and now everything works...with no problems...so far its only been a day... Seriously I did 3 factory resets and it kept giving me the 100% awake and the phone would not last 5 hours if at all...so I went to BB got a new one with no problems...I still installed handcent...but Idk know if I needed to or not... I kind of like it...I wonder if everyone who has a hero has the 100% awake issue or just a few...cause now I don't...I have it off the charger since 8am today and still have 55%...just my 2 cents.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:54 PM   #56
bgriffiths
Telegraph User

SU$: 350
Quote:
I finally got mine fixed...well not really I returned and it exchanged it for a new one...and now everything works...with no problems...so far its only been a day... Seriously I did 3 factory resets and it kept giving me the 100% awake and the phone would not last 5 hours if at all...so I went to BB got a new one with no problems...I still installed handcent...but Idk know if I needed to or not... I kind of like it...I wonder if everyone who has a hero has the 100% awake issue or just a few...cause now I don't...I have it off the charger since 8am today and still have 55%...just my 2 cents.
what firmware?
bgriffiths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:00 PM   #57
deusch
Telegraph User

Mood: Amused
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 629
Ok so we have someone who exchanged his phone for another one and is no longer having issues. This begs the question - is there anyone with an HTC Hero that is NOT experiencing the 100% wake-time issue?

joecool335 - just to verify, can you go to Settings->About Phone->Status and tell us what your Awake Time is?
deusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #58
Tikerz
Telegraph User

SU$: 282
Quote:
So are you using Handcent or the default messaging application to send texts with your new phone?

I believe the moment you send a text message through the default messaging application is when the 100% awake time begins.

I would reboot the phone, send a text with the default messaging application, press the red button to "sleep", and go out for a jog. Then when you come back check your awake time and tell us if it's at or near 100%.

Last edited by Tikerz; 10-20-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Tikerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #59
dereileak
Computer Geek

Phone: Hero
SU$: 1,052
Send a message via MSN to dereileak Send a message via Skype™ to dereileak
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusch View Post
Ok so we have someone who exchanged his phone for another one and is no longer having issues. This begs the question - is there anyone with an HTC Hero that is NOT experiencing the 100% wake-time issue?

joecool335 - just to verify, can you go to Settings->About Phone->Status and tell us what your Awake Time is?
i am not, ever since I installed that Voicemail update, it was fine for me, how is your battery holding out?
Old 10-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #60
Fat Tony
Uncle Tony

Mood: PMSing
Phone: SIII
My Mood: PMSing
SU$: 4,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabee44 View Post
Never mind guys, I was able to kill the notifications coming from the old manager. It is under settings from the old manager.

Had seen that setting before, I just thought that it would stop all notifications from reaching Handcent sms as well.
I can't find the setting to kill the old sms thing. I've checked everything under settings and can't find it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: