Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
Lori57
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 38
New contacts won't save on LG Optimus S

I need help saving a new contact on my LG Optimus S. I add the phone number under a new contact and the phone says "saving contact" but when I go to my contact list, it is not there. I checked the "display options" button but there is nothing there to help me. Any ideas??
Lori57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lori57 For This Useful Post:
Doktor (07-12-2011)
Old 12-20-2010, 04:37 AM   #2
rush2112
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 1,158
Check the other thread about this for a solution
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
Lori57
Two Cans & String User

I already have all of my original contacts intact under my contact list (I did have to have them re-transferred after I downloaded gmail, which is what my current problem is being confused with). My problem now is when I need to add a brand new phone number, one I did not have before, to my phone. It says that it is saving the number but it is nowhere to be found.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
Lori57
Two Cans & String User

My new contact/phone number does not even show up in my google account under the 'other contacts' category as FredRX mentioned. I'm so confused!
Old 01-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #5
FDrey
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 23
Question

I am having a similar problem with my new Optimus. I am new to google accounts so any advice is greatly appreciated. After creating a google account my contacts were erased so I turned off the contact sync in my google account setting and had Sprint re-transfer my contacts for me.

Now, whenever I try to add a new contact it does not appear in the contact list on my phone. But if I go to my recent call log, the number I added appears with the contact name that I saved it with. If I view the contact from here, at the top it shows my new google account name.

I have noticed that whenever I save a new number my google account name appears at the top. So my question is, do I need to turn on the contact sync in my google account so that new numbers appear in my phone's contacts? Also, will this erase my contacts again?

*update*
I checked my google account contacts by signing in from my computer and went through all of the different types of contacts. I do not have any contacts on there, and I did not see any of the new numbers that I added under any list.

Last edited by FDrey; 01-01-2011 at 03:22 PM.
FDrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
rush2112
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDrey View Post
I am having a similar problem with my new Optimus. I am new to google accounts so any advice is greatly appreciated. After creating a google account my contacts were erased so I turned off the contact sync in my google account setting and had Sprint re-transfer my contacts for me.

Now, whenever I try to add a new contact it does not appear in the contact list on my phone. But if I go to my recent call log, the number I added appears with the contact name that I saved it with. If I view the contact from here, at the top it shows my new google account name.

I have noticed that whenever I save a new number my google account name appears at the top. So my question is, do I need to turn on the contact sync in my google account so that new numbers appear in my phone's contacts? Also, will this erase my contacts again?

*update*
I checked my google account contacts by signing in from my computer and went through all of the different types of contacts. I do not have any contacts on there, and I did not see any of the new numbers that I added under any list.
1. go to your contact list and hit them menu button. Scroll down to the gmail account and hit it, then scroll down and make sure that "all contacts" is checked. This may solve your issue.

2. If you add a contact on the computer then sync has to be on to transfer to the phone.
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rush2112 For This Useful Post:
FDrey (01-02-2011)
Old 01-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #7
Lori57
Two Cans & String User

I ended up taking my phone in to the Sprint store and asking them about it. I was one of several people who had come in with the same problem. The guy ended up resetting my phone. I had to reinstall the apps I had already put on my phone but that was no big deal. My new contacts now save without a problem.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > LG > New contacts won't save on LG Optimus S

Tags
lg optimus s, new contacts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: