Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 02:35 AM   #121
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by noreboy View Post
From Sprint. It was a switch out from my TP1 because every referb TP1 they gave me gave problems.
Well, you have to look at a few things then.

On Sprint.com. Are you really out of contract according to them?

Who sent you the TP2. Was it retentions? If yes, dont be shocked to find out they used your upgrade.

When you find out why your upgrade eligibility is reset, I can offer you some ways to deal with it. Good luck!
noreboy (10-01-2010)
Old 09-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #122
noreboy
Telegraph User

Phone: A900
SU$: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Well, you have to look at a few things then.

On Sprint.com. Are you really out of contract according to them?

Who sent you the TP2. Was it retentions? If yes, dont be shocked to find out they used your upgrade.

When you find out why your upgrade eligibility is reset, I can offer you some ways to deal with it. Good luck!
When I log in to my account, the site says "Your agreement with us was completed on 07/03/09."

Tech support replaced my phone, and not rettentions. I'm possitive on this.

Here's the background:

I called tech support, and long story short, me and the rep had a discussion around giving me the TP2 in exchange for my TP1. For whatever reason, the call dropped, but the rep called me back and left a detailed voice mail (my phone didn't receive the call for whatever reason) stating his full name, and that he was following up with me to let me know that he will be sending me a TP2 at no charge to me, and that I will receive a package slip to return the TP1. Fast-forward to Jan., I logged into my account and notice that they changed my contract date as well as charge me for the TP2. I called cust service, and to make a long story short again, Sprint at 1st stated giving me a hard time stating that tech support canít replace phones, and etc. Luckily I had saved the guys voice mail on my phone, so I let the manager hear the voicemail and the details from the guy to confirm that the phone was to be free and that my contract was not suppose to be renewed. Long story short again, they validated that the VM was authentic, honored the VM, changed my contract fulfillment date back to 7/2009, and credited my account for the price of the phone. They apologize for the incontinence and said that they made the changes as it was a mistake on their behalf as the guy in tech support should not have had the ability to send me a TP2 to begin with.

Sorry for the long read.
noreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #123
dluxarun
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 33
Need help guys. I have Power Pack Family 1000 plan with Sprint unlimited data pack. Is there any way to swap my TP2 with EVO without changing the plan?

Thx
Arun
dluxarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #124
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by dluxarun View Post
Need help guys. I have Power Pack Family 1000 plan with Sprint unlimited data pack. Is there any way to swap my TP2 with EVO without changing the plan?
No. You will have to get one of the Everything Plans and the $10 Premium Data add-on.
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #125
dluxarun
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
No. You will have to get one of the Everything Plans and the $10 Premium Data add-on.
Even if I buy my own EVO?
dluxarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #126
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreboy View Post
When I log in to my account, the site says "Your agreement with us was completed on 07/03/09."

Tech support replaced my phone, and not rettentions. I'm possitive on this.

Here's the background:

I called tech support, and long story short, me and the rep had a discussion around giving me the TP2 in exchange for my TP1. For whatever reason, the call dropped, but the rep called me back and left a detailed voice mail (my phone didn't receive the call for whatever reason) stating his full name, and that he was following up with me to let me know that he will be sending me a TP2 at no charge to me, and that I will receive a package slip to return the TP1. Fast-forward to Jan., I logged into my account and notice that they changed my contract date as well as charge me for the TP2. I called cust service, and to make a long story short again, Sprint at 1st stated giving me a hard time stating that tech support canít replace phones, and etc. Luckily I had saved the guys voice mail on my phone, so I let the manager hear the voicemail and the details from the guy to confirm that the phone was to be free and that my contract was not suppose to be renewed. Long story short again, they validated that the VM was authentic, honored the VM, changed my contract fulfillment date back to 7/2009, and credited my account for the price of the phone. They apologize for the incontinence and said that they made the changes as it was a mistake on their behalf as the guy in tech support should not have had the ability to send me a TP2 to begin with.

Sorry for the long read.
OK, so he renewed your agreement and used your upgrade eligibility to get you the TP2. Your contract was removed, but they didn't reset your eligibility.

You will have to speak with cancellations, and explain the situation. They should be able to see that the upgrade was used without your permission and restore your eligibility / sell you a device at new customer pricing.

If retentions can't do it, call executive services and let that rep deal with it. 703-433-4401.

Quote:

Thx
Arun
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Quote:
Even if I buy my own EVO?
DuffMan is correct. The device requires a plan change to an "Everything Data" plan. Their is no way around it.
noreboy (09-24-2010)
Old 09-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #127
usernameOU812
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Nexus4
SU$: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_go View Post
This is a followup question to the question that I asked in the old thread, but the old thread is closed now. Summary: Have Palm Pre that I want to replace with Epic 4G as cheaply as possible within Sprint's policies. Line is an add-a-phone on a family share plan (not primary line). I want to keep my phone number. ETF as of 9/2010 will be $90, and I'm prepared to pay it.

What looked like the best suggestion was to add another line to share plan with the Epic (account is eligible for another line), port my Pre's # to a prepaid phone, then port my desired # back to Sprint on the Epic line.

Questions:
1. How long does my # need to stay away from Sprint before I can port it back to Sprint? Any pitfalls I should be aware of?
2. Assuming I wait to port back until all rebates are taken care of (if applicable), are there any other gotchas or fees I need to watch out for?
3. Any gotchas if I buy the Epic from Best Buy/The Shack?

I am willing to jump through hoops, but I still want this to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks!
Lenny_Go - were you able to do this?
usernameOU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:06 PM   #128
usernameOU812
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Nexus4
SU$: 7,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
You should be able to do it like this. Port your existing number to the carrier of your choice, obviously not Virgin or Boost. The port can be quick or take a few days. At the same time, get the Epic from Radio Shack or Best Buy. The rebates are instant, and I don't believe they have any rules like the .com sites do with making no changes for 180 days. You could mention to the sales rep that you will be porting in from another carrier once your contract is up. I'd wait 24 hours to attempt to port the old number back in after the successful port is completed so the number is out of Sprint computers fully.

Sprint doesn't charge any porting fee's I am aware of. You would just pay the ETF on the old line, pay the activation on the new line, and whatever costs you have for the prepaid phone.

I hope that helps some
Hi Dan - just to make sure I understood what you wrote:

If I port my add-a-line number out & then want to port back in, I should wait about 24 hours before bringing it back to SPCS?

Also, should I have activated the Radio Shack/BB purchase right away and before I re-port my old number back in?
usernameOU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #129
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameOU812 View Post

If I port my add-a-line number out & then want to port back in, I should wait about 24 hours before bringing it back to SPCS?

Also, should I have activated the Radio Shack/BB purchase right away and before I re-port my old number back in?
I believe it would take at least 24 hours to fully get it out of the system.

Since your doing a "material change" termination, you would have to possibly select a "new" plan for the current "primary" device on the account. That really depends on if the plan is always shared, or just one that can be shared.

Port out to prepaid. Get the port completed.

Go to the store you wish to purchase at. Let the rep know you plan on porting your number in to sprint "once your contract is up." Let them assign you a temporary number.

For me, I'd just record a voice mail greeting on the prepaid phone informing callers to call your "temporary number" of XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Wait a couple days, just to be sure that both plans are set up properly. Call Sprint and request the port in of XXX-XXX-YYYY from carrier ___________. I do not believe they can legally deny you the port in. Have the port complete, update profile on your current device if needed, and your back on Sprint with your old number and brand new device.
usernameOU812 (09-22-2010)
Old 09-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #130
72driver
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung Rant
SU$: 154
Searched a little but couldn't find answer to this. I have a family share plan with 5 phones. One line is eligible for $150 phone upgrade. The user of that phone uses it very little and couldn't care less what phone they have. The user of another line on my account, that is not eligible for an upgrade for another year, would like a new phone. Can I use the upgrade on the eligible line to get a new phone then activate it by ESN swap on the line that wants a new phone, then esn swap that line's "old" phone to the line that got the upgrade credit? If Yes, I understand that this shouldn't be done if the new phone is ordered thru Sprint with a MIR, but what if it is done at best buy? If I purchase at best buy will they be able to get the upgrade credit for me but then activate the phone on a different line on my account? Thanks for any help.
72driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #131
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Phone: 9650 & Epic
SU$: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameOU812 View Post

If you port back and were not eligible for an upgrade and upgrade within 30 day you might not get your ETF waived
Old 09-25-2010, 06:28 PM   #132
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72driver View Post
Searched a little but couldn't find answer to this. I have a family share plan with 5 phones. One line is eligible for $150 phone upgrade. The user of that phone uses it very little and couldn't care less what phone they have. The user of another line on my account, that is not eligible for an upgrade for another year, would like a new phone. Can I use the upgrade on the eligible line to get a new phone then activate it by ESN swap on the line that wants a new phone, then esn swap that line's "old" phone to the line that got the upgrade credit? If Yes, I understand that this shouldn't be done if the new phone is ordered thru Sprint with a MIR, but what if it is done at best buy? If I purchase at best buy will they be able to get the upgrade credit for me but then activate the phone on a different line on my account? Thanks for any help.
Sprint will renew the contract on the line that upgrade, and use its eligibility. If you swap ESNs Sprint will not say anything. Best Buy or Radio Shack can (if say they followed up) charge you for whatever their contract with you says with them
Old 09-26-2010, 09:19 AM   #133
ireknole
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 18
Corporate Discounts Rumor

I read on another forum that you could say you worked somewhere (like a bank) and give Sprint a correctly formatted e-mail address (like fname.lname@bankname.com) and you would get that organization's corporate discount. (this would only work if you called or chatted, obviously)

Is this true, or is there extensive checking that Sprint does to make sure that someone works where they say they work. (like call corporation for employee number or check that e-mail address is valid)

Also, if Sprint found out later that you did not actually work at that place of business, what would happen?

I just wanted to get this rumor cleared up, because I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Thanks!
ireknole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:04 AM   #134
HTC TPro
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 74
Poof! Things just disappeared

So I went on a month long trip changed to a seasonal plan from my SERO 500 plan that included 6pm NW and pick 3 as well as two $150 upgrade credits (two phones on one account) which I was assured everything would be reactivated just the same low and behold everything just disappeared

I got most all the stuff back except the pick 3 and the two $150 credits. For some reason it shows my contract extended to 8/2012 so I think when the SERO was reactivated the system interpreted it as a new contract or something. I chatted and called and they said the pick 3 is no more so I sent ecare an email to see if they can add the upgrade credits and pick 3 back on; since I was told again and again nothing would change. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
HTC TPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #135
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC TPro View Post

So I went on a month long trip changed to a seasonal plan from my SERO 500 plan that included 6pm NW and pick 3 as well as two $150 upgrade credits (two phones on one account) which I was assured everything would be reactivated just the same low and behold everything just disappeared

I got most all the stuff back except the pick 3 and the two $150 credits. For some reason it shows my contract extended to 8/2012 so I think when the SERO was reactivated the system interpreted it as a new contract or something. I chatted and called and they said the pick 3 is no more so I sent ecare an email to see if they can add the upgrade credits and pick 3 back on; since I was told again and again nothing would change. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Odds are the pick 3 for free is gone for ever. Account services might be able re-add it for $5 with approval since you had it before, but i'm not sure if the code is still there. They no longer have discounts to offset that cost but good use of Pick 3 makes it worth it. (and with the AMA if you changed to the data plan totally useless, IMHO) The upgrade credit should be able to come back with some research -- so long as you didn't upgrade. but based on the 8/12 it seems the system thinks you did for some reason. Just be patient with any rep you speak with as they didn't cause the problem (not saying you did) and most are willing to help if you explain it correctly and logically.

Tags
questions, sprint rep, technician

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: