Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 AM   #61
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
Trades: 1
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
This may be considered off topic, but I was wondering if there had been any inside word on extending the Iconic Devices add-on to old F&F plans?
No, no word.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:22 AM   #62
Rosatilt
Account Inactive

Mood: Chatty
Phone: LG Rumor Touch
My Mood: Chatty
SU$: -1
I'm hoping to hear something about the F&F too
Rosatilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #63
DowntownSLugger
Telegraph User

SU$: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
Have them add a line and you buy the epic 4g like a new customer. Then port your number over and swap the lines. be warned if you do this do it at best buy radio shack or walmart or you will have MAJOR rebate difficulties
Tried this today and they told me the only way to keep my number and port it over to the Epic would be to buy it outright since I am not eligible for an upgrade.
DowntownSLugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:31 PM   #64
Musicman247
User and Abuser

Mood: Amused
Phone: HTC Arrive
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 4,763
Here is my situation and question(s):

I am currently on a grandfathered F&F 500 plan that has all the benfits of SERO without being SERO. My wife has the SERO 500 plan. Both of us are out of contract. I am wanting to get a Windows Phone 7 device when they come out.

If the Iconic Devices add-on doesn't work for my account, is there a way to swap numbers on my and my wife's account so I can get a Windows Phone 7 device (assuming they will require the Iconic Devices add-on)?

Also, does anyone know for sure if Windows Phone 7 devices (rumored to come out in November) will require an Everything plan, or the Iconic Devices add-on?

Thanks for any advice you can give!
Musicman247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #65
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownSLugger View Post
Tried this today and they told me the only way to keep my number and port it over to the Epic would be to buy it outright since I am not eligible for an upgrade.
Your not "porting" per say. Your simply doing an ESN swap from the eligible line, activating an old device on it, then the Epic on the line you want it on.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:15 PM   #66
Musicman247
User and Abuser

Mood: Amused
Phone: HTC Arrive
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 4,763
Couldn't figure out how to edit my post, but please disregard my last post. I searched and found my answer. Sorry.

Interesting...I can edit this post, but don't have the edit button on my previous post.

Last edited by Musicman247; 08-31-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Musicman247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 PM   #67
capitaltpt
Telegraph User

Mood: Cool
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 704
I'm currently on a family talk plan with my parents as the primary lines. The contract isn't up until 11/1/10 but all phones are eligible for upgrades starting tomorrow and I really want the Epic. Am I able to take my line off the family share plan and start a new individual plan without having an ETF? Will I be able to keep my number and still get the Epic at the new/upgrade price? Will this work getting it through Amazon?

Thanks!
capitaltpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #68
polo92198
Telegraph User

Phone: TP2
SU$: 1,465
I had a great experience at a Corporate Store tonight (and a rotten experience at a different Corporate Store). I'd like to commend the gentleman who helped me out -- what is the most effective way to do that? Email to whom?
Thanks!
polo92198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #69
Celsius
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Bored
Phone: Touch Pro wm6.5
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 807
I have a friend that wants to leave T-Mobile and come to Sprint.. She wants to get the EVO for $199.99 on an instant rebate like at Radioshack or something and get the Everything Plus plan so it will be $69.99 instead of $79.99.. Whats the easiest way to do that???
Celsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #70
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
I have a friend that wants to leave T-Mobile and come to Sprint.. She wants to get the EVO for $199.99 on an instant rebate like at Radioshack or something and get the Everything Plus plan so it will be $69.99 instead of $79.99.. Whats the easiest way to do that???
you can't get that plan at a place like radio shack. YOu have to set the account up online at www.sprint.com/sero or you need to call in to that department to set up the new account. You will need your own equipment otherwise will have to buy phone through sprint. Then just go to radio shack after the account is open and get the Evo for the instant rebate price.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigchico68 For This Useful Post:
Celsius (09-04-2010)
Old 09-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #71
Dragonman
SU Expert judge MAS 2011

Mood: Cool
Phone: Galaxy S II
Trades: 4
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 9,734
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonman Send a message via Skype™ to Dragonman
Wirelessly posted (Palm Pre: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo92198
I had a great experience at a Corporate Store tonight (and a rotten experience at a different Corporate Store). I'd like to commend the gentleman who helped me out -- what is the most effective way to do that? Email to whom?
Thanks!
Generally an email to the store manager or the district manager is forwarded up the chain and is greatly appreciated by the manager's and the rep.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:12 PM   #72
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
Wirelessly posted (Palm Pre: Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/5.1.21126/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Generally an email to the store manager or the district manager is forwarded up the chain and is greatly appreciated by the manager's and the rep.
I wonder if he is trying to get the store managers contact info / if eCare would forward the message to the right destination.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #73
Celsius
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Bored
Phone: Touch Pro wm6.5
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchico68 View Post
you can't get that plan at a place like radio shack. YOu have to set the account up online at www.sprint.com/sero or you need to call in to that department to set up the new account. You will need your own equipment otherwise will have to buy phone through sprint. Then just go to radio shack after the account is open and get the Evo for the instant rebate price.
Thanks for the answer. She ended up going to the store first before checking back with me and the rep wanted the sell really bad. She asked about the Everything Plus and of course he cant offer that so instead he gave her the Home Depot Corp Discount for 25% off.. It comes out to being cheaper but is it safe to be on a corp discount if you dont work there. I know Sprint didnt double check this stuff back in the day but alot of changes have been made.. Thanks guys!
Celsius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 PM   #74
Dan
Forever my Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celsius View Post
Thanks for the answer. She ended up going to the store first before checking back with me and the rep wanted the sell really bad. She asked about the Everything Plus and of course he cant offer that so instead he gave her the Home Depot Corp Discount for 25% off.. It comes out to being cheaper but is it safe to be on a corp discount if you dont work there. I know Sprint didnt double check this stuff back in the day but alot of changes have been made.. Thanks guys!
Well, while it is unlikely that Sprint will ask her for documentation, the rep would be fired for sure if anyone found out they were applying discounts that the customer didn't qualify for.
Celsius (09-05-2010)
Old 09-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #75
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Phone: 9650 & Epic
SU$: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownSLugger View Post
Ok I currently have a Sprint 450 ED plan.

I was planning to join a Family plan with 2 numbers on it and just bring my number over to the plan.

I already spoke to a Sprint person in store and he said I can join the family plan and keep the same number but all I would have to do is bring in my Account number, PIN, and a form of identification.

My dilemma here is

My phone is falling apart and I was looking into getting the Epic 4g.

Could I get the Epic 4g at 249.99 price since the family plan would simply be adding a new line and keep my number at the same time??
When you do a Transfer of Ownership everything transfers as it is; but be warned if your on the ED450 plan odds are you are premier, so upgrade before you do then TOL then trasnfer (if its been 12 months since you upgraded). Otherwise unless its been 22 months since your last upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
Have them add a line and you buy the epic 4g like a new customer. Then port your number over and swap the lines. be warned if you do this do it at best buy radio shack or walmart or you will have MAJOR rebate difficulties
Porting is when you bring you number from another carrier, when you bring it from another Sprint accounts its a "transfer," and keeps all current line info (contact, handset life on file, phone number, user address, Caller ID, and a few others)

Tags
questions, sprint rep, technician

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: