Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #16
diveborg
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Blah
Phone: iPhone 5
Trades: 1
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 27,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
It sounds like somehow the settings / programming got changed on pic mail for her phone during the swapping. I call to tech support from another line should get them to walk you through the steps needed to ensure the device is programmed properly.
We were at a local sprint corp. store today. The helpful rep tried some stuff and said the phone probably needed a hard restart to reprovision the data. Since that wipes the phone, my daughter didn't want to do that until we backed it up. Since then I discovered she's good for the $150 upgrade credit so I'm going to get her the Samsung Intercept. Yes, I know it isn't the "best" android phone, but it will definitely be a step up from the centro, and it comes in pink.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #17
Telephone User

Mood: Fine
Phone: Moto X
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 1,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by diveborg View Post
We were at a local sprint corp. store today. The helpful rep tried some stuff and said the phone probably needed a hard restart to reprovision the data. Since that wipes the phone, my daughter didn't want to do that until we backed it up. Since then I discovered she's good for the $150 upgrade credit so I'm going to get her the Samsung Intercept. Yes, I know it isn't the "best" android phone, but it will definitely be a step up from the centro, and it comes in pink.
Just fyi for next time, there are other ways of refreshing the data besides wiping out everything in the phone. For example a data refresh over the air, usually fixes the problem about 90% of the time. Plus you don't loose your information.
711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
Dragonman
SU Expert judge MAS 2011

Mood: Cool
Phone: Galaxy S II
Trades: 4
My Mood: Cool
SU$: 9,734
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonman Send a message via Skype™ to Dragonman
Wirelessly posted (Palm Pre: Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/1.4.1.1; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.0)

+1 for Google Voice. I actually forward my voice calls from my Pre (no charge for employees) to my ic902 PowerSource phone then conditiolly call forward my ic902 to Google Voice and as far as my callers know it is my regular Sprint Voicemail...no lag even with double call forwarding.

BTW I don't recommend consumers call forward as it costs 20 cents/min. Conditinal call forwarding using the *28+ Google Voice/Youmail) # is free
Trekker (08-14-2010)
Old 08-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #19
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
The store should be able to back up her contacts at a minimum before they do any hard reset. It's unreasonable to think that the customer has recently backed up all of their info.

I hope she likes the Intercept. I haven't heard much about it, but a store manager at a local radio shack got one and told me that he wanted to destroy it quickly. He reactivated his Hero fast to restore his sanity, so I hope it works well for her. If not, a pink case for another phone?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #20
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Your response just seemed kind of strange.

Perhaps I took it the wrong way. Or I was stepping on your toes. That's all.
No not stepping on my toes at all. I didn't mean anything bad by what I said, if it came off the wrong way I apoligize.

Quote:
I think that he was just asking that those who reply do so without being rude about the question / request. Obviously we want factual information posted, so its always a good idea to know what your talking about as opposed to guessing.

So, if you know an answer and are nice about how you are replying, even if it is to tell the person their request is not possible, post!
Thanks for clarifying! That is what I was getting at.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #21
bigchico68
I Use A Pager

Mood: Mellow
Phone: HTC One M8
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 28,334
Send a message via AIM to bigchico68
Quote:
Originally Posted by 711 View Post
Just fyi for next time, there are other ways of refreshing the data besides wiping out everything in the phone. For example a data refresh over the air, usually fixes the problem about 90% of the time. Plus you don't loose your information.
Also just doing a data restore from the 3282 menu will fix it almost everytime. Which would require a service center or call to tech support obviously.
bigchico68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #22
Trekker
Spaced

Mood: Lurking
Phone: Galaxy S III
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 1,647
Quote:
I'd think, since you can show that changing to Google Voice makes it an instant connection, that you are due some sort of a refund. I don't see how they can keep your money if they can't make their product work with a reasonably short delay.
Yeah, I'm thinking about it. Their latest suggestion was to use YouMail's Dropbox feature. Basically Google Voice is forwarded to YouMail. Sounds like overkill.

Strange because other there are others that use Sprint with YouMail and they say they have no delay at all.
Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #23
lenny_go
Telephone User

Phone: Samsung Epic 4G
SU$: 1,513
Quote:
Since then I discovered she's good for the $150 upgrade credit so I'm going to get her the Samsung Intercept. Yes, I know it isn't the "best" android phone, but it will definitely be a step up from the centro, and it comes in pink.
You might want to try the Moment as well as the Intercept. Everything I've heard is that the Intercept (newer phone) is a downgrade from the Moment (older phone).

Guess Samsung has a history of releasing new phones that are a downgrade from the phones that they are replacing (e.g the Instinct).
lenny_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #24
ajac
Satellite Phone User

Phone: htc evo
SU$: 34,956
Hopefully I can help out in anyway to

Location location location.
ajac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 11:44 PM   #25
lenny_go
Telephone User

New Customer Pricing after 12 months

This is a followup question to the question that I asked in the old thread, but the old thread is closed now. Summary: Have Palm Pre that I want to replace with Epic 4G as cheaply as possible within Sprint's policies. Line is an add-a-phone on a family share plan (not primary line). I want to keep my phone number. ETF as of 9/2010 will be $90, and I'm prepared to pay it.

What looked like the best suggestion was to add another line to share plan with the Epic (account is eligible for another line), port my Pre's # to a prepaid phone, then port my desired # back to Sprint on the Epic line.

Questions:
1. How long does my # need to stay away from Sprint before I can port it back to Sprint? Any pitfalls I should be aware of?
2. Assuming I wait to port back until all rebates are taken care of (if applicable), are there any other gotchas or fees I need to watch out for?
3. Any gotchas if I buy the Epic from Best Buy/The Shack?

I am willing to jump through hoops, but I still want this to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to lenny_go For This Useful Post:
usernameOU812 (09-22-2010)
Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #26
Dan
Forever my Angel

Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenny_go View Post
This is a followup question to the question that I asked in the old thread, but the old thread is closed now. Summary: Have Palm Pre that I want to replace with Epic 4G as cheaply as possible within Sprint's policies. Line is an add-a-phone on a family share plan (not primary line). I want to keep my phone number. ETF as of 9/2010 will be $90, and I'm prepared to pay it.

What looked like the best suggestion was to add another line to share plan with the Epic (account is eligible for another line), port my Pre's # to a prepaid phone, then port my desired # back to Sprint on the Epic line.

Questions:
1. How long does my # need to stay away from Sprint before I can port it back to Sprint? Any pitfalls I should be aware of?
2. Assuming I wait to port back until all rebates are taken care of (if applicable), are there any other gotchas or fees I need to watch out for?
3. Any gotchas if I buy the Epic from Best Buy/The Shack?

I am willing to jump through hoops, but I still want this to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks!
You should be able to do it like this. Port your existing number to the carrier of your choice, obviously not Virgin or Boost. The port can be quick or take a few days. At the same time, get the Epic from Radio Shack or Best Buy. The rebates are instant, and I don't believe they have any rules like the .com sites do with making no changes for 180 days. You could mention to the sales rep that you will be porting in from another carrier once your contract is up. I'd wait 24 hours to attempt to port the old number back in after the successful port is completed so the number is out of Sprint computers fully.

Sprint doesn't charge any porting fee's I am aware of. You would just pay the ETF on the old line, pay the activation on the new line, and whatever costs you have for the prepaid phone.

I hope that helps some
lenny_go (08-16-2010), usernameOU812 (09-22-2010)
Old 08-16-2010, 03:18 AM   #27
mnrstrider
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 571
Stupid question, I'm certain it's been covered, I for the life of my can't figure out how to search the proper key words to answer the question so I ask....

I'm eligible for an upgrade, the wife isn't, Thinking I'd do and upgrade for the evo and swap the phone to her....

I know this isn't going to be that simple... First off rebates? fee's to swap phones?, she's not due for an upgrade until novemberish (htc hero in Nov last year, premier customers)

How does one go about this? and the least costly way, I suppose I could manage to buy it from BB, or something and no worry about the rebate hassle, I may just like to exercise the power to pay for it in a couple months on my bill if I do it through sprint.

I'm currently running a TP2, I'm thinking I may switch to her hero for giggles, until I find a phone upgrade worthy, not sure the EVO is really the phone I want, overall my TP2 is still running strong, pretty much issue free, though it is starting to get a little old....

The hero is pretty bad right now, barely working, I think I can fix it with some custom rom, right now she needs a smart phone that works, ( a TP2 to hero swap has already been shot down....) I'm also not sure I want to give my phone up either, more like play with the hero a bit, swap back to the TP2 when ever I feel like it....

Thoughts?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #28
lenny_go
Telephone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrstrider View Post
I'm eligible for an upgrade, the wife isn't, Thinking I'd do and upgrade for the evo and swap the phone to her....
Your biggest challenge will be finding an evo.
Quote:
First off rebates?
If you buy from best buy or The Shack, there will be no mail-in rebates. They have instant rebates, instead. If you buy from Sprint, don't make any changes to the line you are upgrading until your rebate is processed.
Quote:
fee's to swap phones?,
No, this is free. Call *2, or you may be able to do it online. Do not do this until your rebate is processed.
Quote:
she's not due for an upgrade until novemberish (htc hero in Nov last year, premier customers)
Is november month 22 or month 24? You can upgrade at month 22 (month 21, if you call retentions and tell them your phone is broken), so you might be eligible before you think.
Quote:
I may just like to exercise the power to pay for it in a couple months on my bill if I do it through sprint.
Personally, I'd value instant rebates much more highly than spreading a purchase out over a few months. Rebates sometimes get erroneously denied and then you have to fight for it. Can turn into a real pain in the neck.

Don't forget you'll pay a $10/mo 4G fee on the EVO. If you're looking for a decent, hackable Android device, the Samsung Moment might be worth an evaluation. It's not the latest and greatest anymore, but it's way better than the Hero.
The Following User Says Thank You to lenny_go For This Useful Post:
mnrstrider (08-17-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #29
dssproxy
Telephone User

Phone: EVO
SU$: 1,893
Ok I purchased a few old F&C plans, I am having issues with Sprint doing a TOL. Is there a way to get the TOL done? The hold up is the PV addon.

Any help or ideas?
Old 08-20-2010, 12:38 AM   #30
pileosnafu
Cordless Phone User

Phone: 9650 & Epic
SU$: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by dssproxy View Post
Ok I purchased a few old F&C plans, I am having issues with Sprint doing a TOL. Is there a way to get the TOL done? The hold up is the PV addon.

Any help or ideas?
The issues become that the system will not let the F&C plan on to an account that is not qualified for it. Based on the fact that is looks like a 3rd party Employee plan. This plan will not go onto a new "or old account" that never had it before. When a rep goes to swap the account the system will force a plan change with an Error message about the price plan not being part of the ban.

Sorry
dssproxy (08-20-2010)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Rep/Tech here to help!! Part 2!!!!

Tags
questions, sprint rep, technician

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: