Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #136
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ireknole View Post
I read on another forum that you could say you worked somewhere (like a bank) and give Sprint a correctly formatted e-mail address (like fname.lname@bankname.com) and you would get that organization's corporate discount. (this would only work if you called or chatted, obviously)

Is this true, or is there extensive checking that Sprint does to make sure that someone works where they say they work. (like call corporation for employee number or check that e-mail address is valid)

Also, if Sprint found out later that you did not actually work at that place of business, what would happen?

I just wanted to get this rumor cleared up, because I wasn't sure if it was true or not. Thanks!
You "just" have to reply to that email to confirm your eligible for said discount. Without an email address, you can add the discount with a pay stub or work ID.

Adding a discount without actually working for that company is defrauding Sprint of money.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #137
ireknole
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
You "just" have to reply to that email to confirm your eligible for said discount. Without an email address, you can add the discount with a pay stub or work ID.

Adding a discount without actually working for that company is defrauding Sprint of money.
Okay. Thanks for the input. Like I said, it was just something I found on a forum that I wasn't sure was true.
ireknole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #138
mrbluetp2
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 16
New Issue - Delayed Texts

Hi There

I currently live in Bolingbrook, IL and am having continous (for about a week now) problems sending and receiving texts in my city. When I travel to work or other neighboring towns, everything works fine. Currently, to receive texts in my city, I have t make a call and this acts similarly to the "send/receive" in email and the texts come in. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a solution? Is there a network problem?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
mrbluetp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #139
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbluetp2 View Post
Hi There

I currently live in Bolingbrook, IL and am having continous (for about a week now) problems sending and receiving texts in my city. When I travel to work or other neighboring towns, everything works fine. Currently, to receive texts in my city, I have t make a call and this acts similarly to the "send/receive" in email and the texts come in. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a solution? Is there a network problem?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.
Knowing what device your having the issue with helps out greatly.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #140
Natiā„¢
Telegraph User

Mood: Angry
Phone: EPIC!
My Mood: Angry
SU$: 244
Just out of curiosity is it possible to get both lines on my account to be premier so I can upgrade both phones in 1 year instead of just one? I have the $129.99 family share plan. For some reason they made my second line a premier and my main line not kinda sucks because I would like to update my phone as would my GF
Natiā„¢ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #141
mrbluetp2
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 16
Hi there!

Sorry about that, there are at least 4 different phones this is happening to:

me (Touch Pro 2)
Wife (Palm Pre)
Friend (Blackberry, don't know model)
Friend's wife (Samsung, horizontal slider, don't know brand either)

Thanks!
mrbluetp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #142
lenny_go
Telephone User

Phone: Samsung Epic 4G
SU$: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natiā„¢ View Post
Just out of curiosity is it possible to get both lines on my account to be premier so I can upgrade both phones in 1 year instead of just one?
No. Only the primary line qualifies for 12 month upgrades.
Quote:
I have the $129.99 family share plan. For some reason they made my second line a premier and my main line not kinda sucks because I would like to update my phone as would my GF
You can switch which phone is the primary line, but you cannot have both lines be primary.

Depending on which phones you want, it might not be as expensive to upgrade as you think. I wanted to upgrade to the Epic, but I don't have an upgrade on my account. I was able to get the $70 renewal credit and then pick up an Epic on eBay for $350. From Sprint, the phone would have cost $250+tax, so the net price difference was only $20. Plus, I keep my original upgrade eligibility date.

So consider all of your options, and if you buy from eBay, don't forget to look for the words "clean/clear ESN for Sprint" along with the usual good seller feedback rating. That way, you don't have to worry about getting ripped off. If a phone is listed as clean but it isn't, you can get a refund from ebay/paypal.
lenny_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:14 PM   #143
HTC TPro
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by pileosnafu View Post
Odds are the pick 3 for free is gone for ever. Account services might be able re-add it for $5 with approval since you had it before, but i'm not sure if the code is still there. They no longer have discounts to offset that cost but good use of Pick 3 makes it worth it. (and with the AMA if you changed to the data plan totally useless, IMHO) The upgrade credit should be able to come back with some research -- so long as you didn't upgrade. but based on the 8/12 it seems the system thinks you did for some reason. Just be patient with any rep you speak with as they didn't cause the problem (not saying you did) and most are willing to help if you explain it correctly and logically.
Well they reset both the $150 credits and gave a years worth of sprint-2-home still sucks they took away the pick 3; of course I have no desire to buy up or add on, the TP2 is fine and I dont need EVO or android, essentially have the EPRP for $30 with GV of course. Next time and for future advice try not to fool with SERO, just have them credit you monthly to equal the $8 seasonal plan if they will do that, but then again I'm sure not too many people have this issue.
HTC TPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #144
tonywils06
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 36
New Sprint Navigation Update for LG Rumor Touch will not download

I have an LG Rumor Touch and I am being prompted to download a new version of Sprint Navigation. When I select Download Now it goes to connecting then comes back with a MobileShop page and says, "No items were found" with an OK button at the bottom. When I hit OK the program closes out. If I select 'Remind Me Later' then Sprint Navigation opens fine. My current version of Sprint Navigation is 2.1.108.
tonywils06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #145
usernameOU812
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Nexus4
SU$: 7,623
I asked this in another thread but haven't seen a reply - so maybe here would be better:

How long does one have to wait to port an ADD-A-LINE back in & get new customer pricing?

I had ETF-freed an add-a-line on my shared ED plan & want to know what the waiting period is when I port this line out & then port it back in as a new add-a-line onto my shared ED plan. 24hrs/30/60/90 days?
usernameOU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #146
wilfried
Telegraph User

SU$: 178
I'm getting conflicting information, on another thread and from CS, so I'm hoping I can get a more definitive answer here. This came up on another thread, so my apologies if this counts as a double post.

Many have reported that they got a $70 account credit for renewing a 2 year contract. They also got keep the $150 phone upgrade discount. However, some have also reported that they were told by customer service, either via email or chat, that one can only get the $70 credit or the $150 phone discount, but not both, but some have gotten the opposite response. Sure enough, I asked both via chat and email, and got three responses saying either/or, not both/and.

So, just what is the policy, and just how is this supposed to work? The answer seems to depend on who you talk to, and I haven't lucked out yet. Some have advised ignoring the CS reps and going ahead with the renewal and $70 credit anyway, but if it goes badly for me, they have me on record getting the same answer three times. I know I might be being anal, but I would really appreciate a definitive answer.

If it makes a difference, I'm on a SERO plan, and I haven't renewed my contract or upgraded my phone in over 3 years, nor have I gotten any perks (other than getting defective phones replaced twice). I do plan on getting an EVO or Epic when the magic date comes (tomorrow!).

Thanks if anyone can help me out.
wilfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #147
mrsprintaustin
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 30
I can't decide between the EVO and the Epic. Help!!
mrsprintaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #148
wilfried
Telegraph User

SU$: 178
FWIW, after pouring over reviews and forums for a few days, and having a good look at them in the store, I settled on the EVO. The Epic just has too many reported problems that people are waiting for fixes for, GPS, upload speed, etc. Plus, some have said that Samsung has a history of leaving devices orphaned by not fixing known problems. I haven't seen nearly as many reports of problems with the EVO, it just seems to work like it's supposed to. The Epic keyboard, screen, and processor seem nice, but they're just icing when the phone functionality has significant issues.
wilfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:37 AM   #149
noreboy
Telegraph User

Phone: A900
SU$: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
OK, so he renewed your agreement and used your upgrade eligibility to get you the TP2. Your contract was removed, but they didn't reset your eligibility.

You will have to speak with cancellations, and explain the situation. They should be able to see that the upgrade was used without your permission and restore your eligibility / sell you a device at new customer pricing.

If retentions can't do it, call executive services and let that rep deal with it. 703-433-4401.
Thanks! One more thing. So I bout the Epic off sprint site (full price) since my last post. I'm going to call srint to try to get them to credit my account for the $150 I should've received, however my question is, was the $150 for those who renew their contract or is it suppose to be just an instant savings? I ask because I saw in another post where people were getting $70 for renewing their contract for 2-years, but still got the 150 off the purchase of a new phone.
noreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #150
Rosatilt
Account Inactive

Mood: Chatty
Phone: LG Rumor Touch
My Mood: Chatty
SU$: -1
@wilfried - many reps are telling people they will lose their 150 rebate if they take the 70 dollar discount - this is incorrect. you can have both. just don't try to do both on the same call to customer service. they are confused about this. just call and get the 70, then either order your phone on the website, or call back in to telesales on a separate call, or go to a sprint store. your 150 will be there for ya.
Rosatilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Rep/Tech here to help!! Part 2!!!!

Tags
questions, sprint rep, technician

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: