Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!


View Poll Results: Did your ensemble migration go smoothly?
Migration went great (have standard plan) 22 17.60%
Migration went great (plan loaded with discounts) 53 42.40%
Migration was horrible, STILL trying to fix things 19 15.20%
ONE call after migration got my plan back to normal 6 4.80%
What's ensemble? 25 20.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #136
dynamojon
Telephone User
 
dynamojon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, '04
Location: Htown, TX
Posts: 208
Phone: Evo
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 486
Send a message via AIM to dynamojon
I had to make a call in because they started charging me for business connection on my phone. Other than that it's been great.
dynamojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:04 PM   #137
tbakergobuck
Satellite Phone User
 
tbakergobuck's Avatar
 
Mood: Amazed
Join Date: Dec 2, '02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 21,566
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 712 Times in 608 Posts
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
I was suposed to be migrated a few months ago but I didn't. A rep told me today that I will be on the 18. Will see. It sucks that sometimes they have to transfer ya to a different department when your still on the old system. I think they should have moved the long time customers over first.
tbakergobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #138
Wayne 1
Cellular Phone User
 
Wayne 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 9, '06
Location: OK
Posts: 5,834
Phone: Sanyo
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 18,654
Thumbs up

By looking at the poll numbers it appears Sprint is doing it right on moving people to the new system. Kudo's Sprint!
__________________
Sero 500 with 7PM nights, Sprint to Home and 680 re-occuring bonus minutes forever for a total of 1,180 anytime minutes!
In addition Sprint land line Long Distance with 50 monthly minutes free.
$30. plus tax total!
Wayne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:50 AM   #139
Alchemy
Telephone User
 
Alchemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17, '04
Location: SoCal
Posts: 174
Phone: Treo700p
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill View Post
it's never shown the $20 charge before.. i'm on the phone with them now. she say's she does not see any $20 charge. says she'll make a note on my account though that i called about it and if it is to show up i will be credited it and what not. hopefully it just doesnt show. she asked that i just check my bill once it comes.
This is kinda long because I wanted to explain it accurately and sufficiently:
I waited to post about the $20mo AddAPhone charge until I got my first Ensemble bill. I noticed that my Free & Clear [added "Family" in name] 2000min $85 plan now showed $20mo on the Ensemble [version] website for the 1st AddAPhone that was included for free *included in my plan* instead of the $0mo on the old P2K [version] website and old P2k bills. I also noticed that, curiously, my Connection Card Data Plan now showed $0mo, when it had always shown Monthly Service Charge $59.99. When my billing changed over on Jan 25th, retentions said they didn't have a clue, but would note my call, and "if its wrong, we'll fix it for you".

I was able to print my first Ensemble bill on Feb 10th. The printout confirmed I was indeed charged $20mo on my "free" line (PV, Txtg, etc fees are all still there as well), and my monthly Connection Card Data Plan had been changed to a $0mo line charge with a $59.99 Data "feature" charge - which means all discounts, including my MRCmo discount no longer apply on that line, because MRC discounts do not apply to features - a net increase on that line of about $18mo. Both were exactly as I had determined previously from the website Plan and Addons popups for each line.

"we'll fix it for you" - uh, no... After much discussion, now a Retentions Supervisor stated the same as the RCSRs: that Ensemble does not allow a $0moMRC Sub on a Free and Clear Plan like P2K did (and my plan included), and the maximum credit they would compensate my $20mo new cost was a $5mo(!) [2yr life] Credit - $20mo, $15mo, or $10mo "cant be applied". I think if their new billing software has a bug in it they should fix the bug, not ask each affected customer to absorb a net $15 increase per each affected line. The now "$0mo" CC Data Plan? - cant be "fixed" (hmm... just made Sprint a *lot* of money on MRC discounts that are no longer applied on Connection Card Monthly Plans), and, once again, a "maximum of a $5mo Credit" is all that can be applied to the Connection Card line. Between small variances in computing discounts, and the above two items, my mo increase is about $55, reduced by the two $5mo credits above to a net increase of about $45mo!

Regardless of whether a customer has a "good" plan (after 11years and lotsa Contracts w/Sprint), or just an "average" plan, whats claimed as "just a change in a billing system" should not result in a significant increase in monthly charges, or a windfall for Sprint, as in the Connection Card billing method changes. If Ensemble is "not quite right" yet, Sprint, how about fixing it (you own it...), and restoring my monthly rate to what it was in Jan08?
__________________
-Alchemy
Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:04 AM   #140
ill
Cordless Phone User
 
ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 24, '03
Location: tx
Posts: 861
Phone: M610
Trades: 31
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 8,486
Send a message via AIM to ill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
This is kinda long because I wanted to explain it accurately and sufficiently:
I waited to post about the $20mo AddAPhone charge until I got my first Ensemble bill. I noticed that my Free & Clear [added "Family" in name] 2000min $85 plan now showed $20mo on the Ensemble [version] website for the 1st AddAPhone that was included for free *included in my plan* instead of the $0mo on the old P2K [version] website and old P2k bills. I also noticed that, curiously, my Connection Card Data Plan now showed $0mo, when it had always shown Monthly Service Charge $59.99. When my billing changed over on Jan 25th, retentions said they didn't have a clue, but would note my call, and "if its wrong, we'll fix it for you".

I was able to print my first Ensemble bill on Feb 10th. The printout confirmed I was indeed charged $20mo on my "free" line (PV, Txtg, etc fees are all still there as well), and my monthly Connection Card Data Plan had been changed to a $0mo line charge with a $59.99 Data "feature" charge - which means all discounts, including my MRCmo discount no longer apply on that line, because MRC discounts do not apply to features - a net increase on that line of about $18mo. Both were exactly as I had determined previously from the website Plan and Addons popups for each line.

"we'll fix it for you" - uh, no... After much discussion, now a Retentions Supervisor stated the same as the RCSRs: that Ensemble does not allow a $0moMRC Sub on a Free and Clear Plan like P2K did (and my plan included), and the maximum credit they would compensate my $20mo new cost was a $5mo(!) [2yr life] Credit - $20mo, $15mo, or $10mo "cant be applied". I think if their new billing software has a bug in it they should fix the bug, not ask each affected customer to absorb a net $15 increase per each affected line. The now "$0mo" CC Data Plan? - cant be "fixed" (hmm... just made Sprint a *lot* of money on MRC discounts that are no longer applied on Connection Card Monthly Plans), and, once again, a "maximum of a $5mo Credit" is all that can be applied to the Connection Card line. Between small variances in computing discounts, and the above two items, my mo increase is about $55, reduced by the two $5mo credits above to a net increase of about $45mo!

Regardless of whether a customer has a "good" plan (after 11years and lotsa Contracts w/Sprint), or just an "average" plan, whats claimed as "just a change in a billing system" should not result in a significant increase in monthly charges, or a windfall for Sprint, as in the Connection Card billing method changes. If Ensemble is "not quite right" yet, Sprint, how about fixing it (you own it...), and restoring my monthly rate to what it was in Jan08?

last i talked to sprint.. it took a couple calls because the first rep didn't credit my account correctly, they said they could not add a $0 charge for sub lines so i would continue to receive a $20 credit for each line from here out. it's weird though my bill almost looked right, besides an $18 charge for activation my bill was $135 when it's usually around $120. after my credits my bill went from $135 to $38... we'll see what happens next month though.
ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:22 AM   #141
Alchemy
Telephone User
 
Alchemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 17, '04
Location: SoCal
Posts: 174
Phone: Treo700p
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill View Post
last i talked to sprint.. it took a couple calls because the first rep didn't credit my account correctly, they said they could not add a $0 charge for sub lines so i would continue to receive a $20 credit for each line from here out. it's weird though my bill almost looked right, besides an $18 charge for activation my bill was $135 when it's usually around $120. after my credits my bill went from $135 to $38... we'll see what happens next month though.
Curious that they can apply a $20mo credit to your plan but only a $5mo credit to mine. Its been 4 days and includes 3 Supervisors, 4 RCSRs since my bill. The 1st Supv blew me off - no notes at all, nothing promised done; the 2nd Supv said Ensemble cant accommodate $0MRC (not true - I have another line that way - they just cant figure out why it is $0mo while its codes look identical to other $20mo lines??), so learn to live with your new mo $55 increase; the 3rd Supv, spoken to just yesterday, made it clear that a $5 credit was the max that could be put on as a $value[vs.%]type credit, and there were "no known workarounds" to add a bigger $value.

They need to fix the original problem so a line can be restored to $0moMRC, not try to patch it with discounts (which always expire in 1-2yrs, and by then usu have been sundowned/no longer available to be added so they cant be renewed again despite CSRs telling us now that they are "renewable' - probably not, in truth. A $20mo credit is actually overpaying you if you have any mo recurring credit discount on the line. For example, if you have a 10%MRC Discount, your $20mo charge is actually $18mo, yet you are getting a $20mo refund, so you're getting improperly paid $2mo more than it costs you. Depending on multiple discounts which come and go, it gets quite messy. The only reliable, correct way is to fix Ensemble so a ret rep can reset the incorrect $20mo back to its correct $0mo - then the discounts will be computed correctly. Fix Emsemble - its too new out of the box to treat it as set in stone.
__________________
-Alchemy
Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 05:44 AM   #142
Marlon_JB2
How do I become a moderator on this forum?
 
Marlon_JB2's Avatar
 
Mood: Blah
Join Date: Mar 23, '04
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 7,984
Phone: iPhone 6 Plus
Trades: 3
Thanks: 4
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 32,101
Send a message via AIM to Marlon_JB2 Send a message via Skype™ to Marlon_JB2
Heh, anyone get the SMS message?

From:
325-433
Message:
SprintFreeMsg: We are doing a billing system upgrade. You won't be able to make account changes from 2/18-2/21. Your service won't be interrupted. Thank you.
Received on:
7:17pm Feb 13, 08
__________________
Yummi: "ok seriously, *** is a stanky leg? and why can my 3 yr olds do it?"
Me: iPhone 5S
I'm sick of hearing the word device. It's almost as bad as hearing the word "swag"! It's not a device! It's A FRICKING PHONE, PEOPLE!
Marlon_JB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #143
monkeyboy
(candy)bar hopper
 
monkeyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 11, '02
Posts: 4,398
Trades: 2
Thanks: 47
Thanked 294 Times in 243 Posts
SU$: 50,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon_JB2 View Post
Heh, anyone get the SMS message?
Yes, I got that SMS... along with the letter 2 weeks ago that said the same thing... so we'll see how I do...

I have a SERO now, with a NVP discount, S2H and FIMF. What's the experience out there that 1) I'll lose the NVP discount because of the migration, 2) I'll lose my free S2H, 3) I'll lose FIMF ?
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #144
Judah
Telephone User
 
Judah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 11, '07
Location: NYC
Posts: 213
Phone: BB 8350 & Palm
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 1,404
Send a message via AIM to Judah
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
Yes, I got that SMS... along with the letter 2 weeks ago that said the same thing... so we'll see how I do...

I have a SERO now, with a NVP discount, S2H and FIMF. What's the experience out there that 1) I'll lose the NVP discount because of the migration, 2) I'll lose my free S2H, 3) I'll lose FIMF ?
once your migrated your most likely going to lose you NVP discount because in ensemble no discount can be applied to SERO. as for S2H and FIMF not too sure about those, you might luck out though.
__________________
These are solely my views and do not represent the views of my employer.
Judah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #145
monkeyboy
(candy)bar hopper
 
monkeyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 11, '02
Posts: 4,398
Trades: 2
Thanks: 47
Thanked 294 Times in 243 Posts
SU$: 50,292
Also my parents have a F&F family plan. It hasn't yet been queued/slated for migration, but when it does happen, there is one thing I'm worried about them losing on it: One of the subs on it has the $5/mo Vision option *even though the primary line doesn't have Vision*. Will such things get pass the migration ? (I can't see paying $15/mo for that... I know I can probably go in with Retentions get it knocked down to $10/mo...)
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #146
Caliman1
Telegraph User
 
Caliman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, '08
Location: So Cal
Posts: 33
Phone: 2 Rumors,1 M510
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
SU$: 238
I also got the text message today. Hope everything transfers smoothly
__________________
{Everything Messaging Family 1500} 4 lines - 20% NVP and 20/24
Caliman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #147
rebelx
Hello Moto
 
rebelx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 3, '07
Posts: 800
Phone: Note 5
Thanks: 18
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
SU$: 6,987
I'm so happy I signed up online. I skipped P2K!

There needs to be a table that can really compare the two plans.
rebelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:48 PM   #148
Dubspoon
Digital PCS User
 
Dubspoon's Avatar
 
Mood: Breezy
Join Date: Oct 25, '04
Location: K-Town, IL
Posts: 3,182
Phone: HTC ONE (M7)
Thanks: 33
Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 10,274
Got my text today too, waiting to see what happens to my loyalty discount, $10 PV rebate and such
Dubspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:31 AM   #149
josh33_unc
Account Inactive
 
josh33_unc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 24, '05
Location: South
Posts: 11,909
Phone: mogul/m1/5600
Trades: 29
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 297
got the letter a few weeks ago, and the text yesterday

im on swac, so pretty much nothing can go wrong with my $15 a month plan
josh33_unc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:46 AM   #150
Shoshana
Cellular Phone User
 
Shoshana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 27, '06
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 1,598
Phone: HTC Touch Pro
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 8,666
My sister (a sub on my line) got a txt

"From:
325-433
Message:
SprintFreeMsg: We are doing a billing "

she was confused and had to call me... wonder why I didn't get it? Oh well! Hope I don't lose anything!

We have NVP, Loyalty, FIMF ...
Shoshana is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Did your ensemble migration go smoothly?

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dropped from Migration.. Did I escape? TheTruckGuy Sprint Discussion 22 01-23-2008 02:06 PM
MY Ensemble migration PokerFace23 Sprint Discussion 17 01-22-2008 06:20 PM
Account Migration and Merge ? ajblbv Sprint Discussion 7 01-12-2008 10:16 AM
Roaming lost in the migration - or not? DavidEBSmith Sprint Discussion 0 12-06-2007 10:44 AM
***?!? Migration to Ensemble resets upgrade eligibility???? DesertGator Sprint Discussion 2 11-05-2007 07:48 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:16 PM.


- SprintUsers.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sprint PCS -