Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
Mike-G
Telegraph User

SU$: 324
Way Out? 9/1/13

I just got my email about my new bill and see that an Administrative charge is increasing to $1.99/month per line. Is this a way out for me and many others?

Administrative Charge Increase
Effective 9/1/13, the Administrative Charge will increase to $1.99 per line per month for customers subject to the charge. For details on surcharges, visit sprint.com/taxesandfees and review your wireless service agreement.

Administrative Charge
The Administrative Charge is applied per line, per month by Sprint to help defray various costs imposed on Sprint by other telecommunications carriers, including, but not limited to, charges imposed by local telephone companies for delivery of calls from our customers to their landline customers and for certain network facilities and services we must purchase from them. The Administrative Charge is not a tax and is not an amount we are required to collect from you by law. The Administrative Charge and the components used to calculate this charge are subject to change from time to time.
Mike-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
menmygn3
Galaxy Note 3! Oh Yeah!

Mood: Fine
Phone: I Don't KNOW!
Trades: 14
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 11,876
Administrative charges! BS!
Just another way for SPCS to get more money.

If you take the $7.96 per month for my account, that will be an additional $95.52 every twelve months!

I love my unlimited, even though I CAN'T use enough to justify what I'm paying now, but I just checked with VZ and found that I can carry over 2 of my lines (the other 2 are spares that are about to be gone) and with their unlimited Talk, Text and 2 gig of data will actually be cheaper (after my work discount) than with Sprint.

Simply because the LTE here in Ft Worth and at my home does not exist during the day, I use WiFi anyway, so I'm already conditioned to use WiFi any time I can.

Our contracts are up in May, 2014 and we might just be jumping ship.

Will wait to see what happens with the "expanded" system that's supposed to be coming our way.
menmygn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 27,777
I don't think you'll be able to get out. I used an admin fee increase back when I got out, and that was around September or October of 2011. At that time, Sprint quietly updated their contracts to read that the admin fee could go up to $1.99 per line, IIRC (the actual increase at the time was from $0.99 to $1.50). That's why I and many others actually had a pretty hard time getting out, because they tried to insist that particular wording was always in the contract. I had to file several complaints, provide dated copies of the actual contract that I agreed to (that did NOT have that wording in it) and call back many times to get a rep that finally let me out. If you've signed a contract any time after that (which I'm guessing you have, since otherwise you'd be finished with the contract in September anyway), you've already agreed to the $1.99 increase.

That being said, you can certainly give it a shot. I know I would. Be prepared for a long fight, though.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers > Way Out? 9/1/13

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: