Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 07-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
bjbarr
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Galaxy Note III
Trades: 8
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 30,731
Send a message via Yahoo to bjbarr
Until we get 4GLTE what ever it's called I am not getting very good phone service out here where I live especially wifi I have no idea which service I should have my phone set on, automatic, cdma, cdma/lte, etc, but this keeps popping up so could someone explain to me why? I was even in the Sprint store today and it never even came up so I didn't get to ask them why.
Anybody care to explain?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130715_200908.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	45130   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130715_200944.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	45131  

Last edited by bjbarr; 07-15-2013 at 06:14 PM.
bjbarr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Mood: Twisted
Phone: AT&T NOTE3
My Mood: Twisted
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Euphorian
Did one of your WiFi Hot Spots change the password ?
That's what it looks like to me..

I don't think it has anything to do with 3G/4G service.

Do you have the "Sprint Connections Optimizer" checked ?
I would un-check if you do. This may be the problem too..

Last edited by Euphorian; 07-15-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Euphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
bjbarr
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphorian View Post
Did one of your WiFi Hot Spots change the password ?
That's what it looks like to me..

I don't think it has anything to do with 3G/4G service.

Do you have the "Sprint Connections Optimizer" checked ?
I would un-check if you do. This may be the problem too..
Password is Ok. I'm actually connected but it is very slow to load any pages and being that it is a weak signal is why that pops up. (I am assuming) The closer I get to my router the stronger the signal and of course no problem. The connections optimizer is not checked.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #4
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbarr View Post
Password is Ok. I'm actually connected but it is very slow to load any pages and being that it is a weak signal is why that pops up. (I am assuming) The closer I get to my router the stronger the signal and of course no problem. The connections optimizer is not checked.
Did u try rebooting ?
Same problem afterwards ?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
bjbarr
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphorian View Post

Did u try rebooting ?
Same problem afterwards ?
This had been going on since I bought the phone. If you remember I posted back in November while I was in Florida, same problem. The only thing that was posted on here was that maybe it was because Comcast's router and modem is one unit. Had same problem in S.C. a few weeks ago but I passed that off from being down on a lake and trees blocking the signal even though the tower was less than 2 miles away. Now I'm with Time Warner back here at home but LTE IS just a few weeks away but I'm not optimistic about the service being better. I've waited for years on this but not sure it will make a difference.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
bjbarr
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbarr View Post

This had been going on since I bought the phone. If you remember I posted back in November while I was in Florida, same problem. The only thing that was posted on here was that maybe it was because Comcast's router and modem is one unit. Had same problem in S.C. a few weeks ago but I passed that off from being down on a lake and trees blocking the signal even though the tower was less than 2 miles away. Now I'm with Time Warner back here at home but LTE IS just a few weeks away but I'm not optimistic about the service being better. I've waited for years on this but not sure it will make a difference.
Yes I have rebooted many times. If I'm sitting on top of the router signal is strong, if I walk 10 feet away the signal drops down to no bars and I cannot connect to the Internet, it stalls until I walk back into the room where the router is. I've also been getting dropped calls something I never had a problem with before and facing in and out while in a call plus echos. Rep says it might be because they are getting the towers up and running so I don't know. .......
Old 07-15-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Dang idk then...
Other than you using another router to see if it would fix the problem?
I wish I could think of a solution..

Maybe someone else will chime in ?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
Makkari
Awake in a Dream

SU$: 554
It doesn't sound like a network issue, because the network wouldn't affect your Wi-Fi connection. It's either a defect in the router, a defect in the phone, and an incorrect setting. I'm leaning more toward the phone, because you said that you've have this problem in other areas and I'm assuming with different Wi-Fi services/routers. You might just have a bad unit/phone. It happens. As to your actual phone service being bad, that's quite possible, as Sprint is currently updating it's entire network and until your area is complete you will likely experience bad service, particularly on the data side. Wi-Fi, however, is not a network issue: that's either an issue with your phone, the Wi-Fi provider, or the router.
Makkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #9
Euphorian
Account Inactive

It could be a bad update too..
I just thought of that.

If you were rooted it could be fixed.
You could install a new modem..
That should work.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
bjbarr
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkari View Post
It doesn't sound like a network issue, because the network wouldn't affect your Wi-Fi connection. It's either a defect in the router, a defect in the phone, and an incorrect setting. I'm leaning more toward the phone, because you said that you've have this problem in other areas and I'm assuming with different Wi-Fi services/routers. You might just have a bad unit/phone. It happens. As to your actual phone service being bad, that's quite possible, as Sprint is currently updating it's entire network and until your area is complete you will likely experience bad service, particularly on the data side. Wi-Fi, however, is not a network issue: that's either an issue with your phone, the Wi-Fi provider, or the router.
Took it back to Sprint store today and I guess I *****ed enough that they are ordering me another phone. I sure it will be a refurbished one but at least I get to see if it was the phone or the router. My battery had been running down into the red in amor 8 hours here the last few days too so I'm thinking this phone has some issues. We will see. .....At least I can try out the replacement before I have to send one or the other back. That is why I had it come to the house. Should be here tomorrow I hope.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Samsung > Samsung Note II > Why does this keep popping up?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: