Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #1
timm9
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 155
Sero Slow Speed

I'm not going to post a whole huge thing but just to vent a little I've complained to sprint repeatedly for about 8 years (since wimax) that my data speed was garbage. I went through trouble shooting online for an hour+ with a tech recently said my phone is defective.

After finding out that this isn't the case with everyone I went to a different sprint store and the guy removed "casual data" from my account saying he had never heard of it and voila my data speeds immediately went from 0.5 to 20 meg down.

Was I supposed to be aware that sero limited your speed like this? After tons of searching I couldn't find anywhere that said this was the case. Am I alone in this? It's extremely frustrating that after years of complaining no one noticed this or told me when I went up to SERO-P.
timm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 11:53 PM   #2
darkrival
Telegraph User

Phone: LG G2
SU$: 91
Which phone are you using? I'm not surprised that the crooks at Sprint would do this.
darkrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:37 PM   #3
timm9
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrival View Post
Which phone are you using? I'm not surprised that the crooks at Sprint would do this.
Moto X. But my typical internet speed across many city's and 3 phones has been 0.5 meg topping out at 2 meg if I'm lucky. I'm 100% sure that it was artificially limited since my speed immediately jumped up to 20 meg when I only once in my life saw 5 meg. My typical speed I see now is 5-10 meg when it was 0.5 even on LTE.

If that was part of SERO it's just super frustrating that no one told me...and that after all these times complaining no one noticed (or even bothered to look). But even after lots of googling I don't see anyone saying it is part of the plan..
Old 11-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #4
darkrival
Telegraph User

Phone: LG G2
SU$: 91
I'm having the same issues on my galaxy s6. Even when I'm connected to LTE, the speeds are topping out at 2 meg but most of the time they're hovering around 0.5. I called them and they told me to go through the reset and reactivation. I haven't had the chance to go to a store. My contract is ending is ending in December and I'll be switching for sure after waiting for them to improve for 10 years.
darkrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 09:51 PM   #5
rebelx
Hello Moto

Phone: Note 5
SU$: 6,987
never heard of "casual data." had no idea that was a thing. where can we verify if we have that on our accounts without needing to call in?
I am now an exclusive SU shirtholder - 5:42 PM 4/14/08
rebelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #6
Gabeomatic
Telegraph User

Phone: Sprint Mogul
SU$: 127
I'd like to know this as well! I've been noticing that I have to turn off my data and turn it back on again quite often as it wouldn't even load certain pages on my s7. Just got the Iphone 8 plus so we'll see if that changes anything..
Gabeomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:49 AM   #7
timm9
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrival View Post
I'm having the same issues on my galaxy s6. Even when I'm connected to LTE, the speeds are topping out at 2 meg but most of the time they're hovering around 0.5. I called them and they told me to go through the reset and reactivation. I haven't had the chance to go to a store. My contract is ending is ending in December and I'll be switching for sure after waiting for them to improve for 10 years.
this is exactly where I was. I got screwed on Wimax switch so had slow speeds forever because my phone had Wimax instead of LTE. I thought their data was just garbage still but apparently it was just something on my account causing it! I even spent an hour with tech support asking him twice if he was sure there is nothing on my account that could be causing it because it's been going on for so long and I found out it wasn't the norm.

Not just slow speeds I would have connectivity issues too where i couldn't load pages which..i think.. seems to of gone away.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:03 PM   #8
timm9
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelx View Post
never heard of "casual data." had no idea that was a thing. where can we verify if we have that on our accounts without needing to call in?
If you log into the website it will show you a list of your plan features like 7pm night and weekends etc and one of them was casual data.
If you log in and follow these clicks i think it's where it was: My Sprint -> Dashboard -> Manage Plan -> See Details

When he changed my account it added charges automatically (i'm guessing) which I had to call and sort out. I'm not sure even if you have it if they would take it off. I'm not even sure if it's supposed to be there. If anyone else has the problem of slow data and it lists casual data though please post. I like to know if I've been scammed for years or let down by poor training.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Tips & Tricks - All Carriers > SERO > Sero Slow Speed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: