Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 01-01-2017, 05:28 PM   #1111
The Arbiter
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC 10
SU$: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomonkey View Post
Wrong sub. But good luck.
Is this not the "ask a Sprint Rep/Tech help thread?

"Is this a beer I see before me, the bottle toward my hand? Come, let me drink thee. I have thee not, and yet I taste thee still... art thou not, tasty vision, sensible, to taste buds as to sight? - Shakesbeer.
The Arbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #1112
lewisipso
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Galaxy S5 Sport
SU$: 161
Good day. It's been a long time since I posted as we have been have great service with Sprint. However, (not a Sprint issue) my daughter has irritated me for the last time with her social media use. I am looking for a Sprint phone that is text and call only. Any assistance with phone models would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
lewisipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #1113
ccchhhrrriiisss
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Mood: Inspired
Phone: Galaxy S7 Edge
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 14,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
Good day. It's been a long time since I posted as we have been have great service with Sprint. However, (not a Sprint issue) my daughter has irritated me for the last time with her social media use. I am looking for a Sprint phone that is text and call only. Any assistance with phone models would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Sprint used to sell refurbished phones at a great discount. In addition, you might be able to find a good "dumb" phone (what Sprint calls a "Feature Phone") for cheap via Craigslist.

In addition, there are third party websites like Glyde that sell used and refurbished phones for Sprint.

Consider these:
https://glyde.com/buy/used-sprint-ph...rt_order=price

I'd send you one of our old phones (which we always kept in pristine shape), but we mailed the last ones that we had left to friends recently.
ccchhhrrriiisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #1114
lewisipso
Two Cans & String User

Thank you for the information. Would you be familiar with any model numbers for what I'm looking for?
Old 09-19-2017, 04:39 PM   #1115
ccchhhrrriiisss
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Mood: Inspired
Phone: Galaxy S7 Edge
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 14,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
Thank you for the information. Would you be familiar with any model numbers for what I'm looking for?
Good question!

That will depend upon the level of features that you want. Remember: Even "dumb" or "feature" phones can still have access to data services (e.g., internet, social media, etc.). You might consider simply blocking a particular device from access the internet. However, even that would be a problem because a phone can access the internet without data by using Wi-Fi.

You could decide upon a flip phone -- because that would provide talk and texting (albeit numeric and frustrating). If you're simply trying to ban access to social media, I'd choose an older 2G phone. That would greatly limit the bandwidth necessary to open social media outlets like Facebook. I'd still call Sprint and disable data on that device too.

There are many different "flip" phones or "candy bar" phones that still work remarkably well on Sprint. However, like I said, there are always ways around this. You might simply decide to call Sprint and find out how to disable cellular data on a particular device that you already use and see if there is a way to disable Wi-Fi too.
ccchhhrrriiisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 04:00 AM   #1116
lewisipso
Two Cans & String User

Thank you for the information!
The Following User Says Thank You to lewisipso For This Useful Post:
ccchhhrrriiisss (09-20-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #1117
Bottleneck99
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Galaxy S5
SU$: 118
How To Find MSL on my sprint Galaxy S5 Phone?

Hi, Thanks for helping out. I want to know how to find MSL for my Galaxy S5 phone. Appreciate your help.
Bottleneck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 07:57 AM   #1118
CobaltBlue
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Galaxy GP
SU$: 12,902
Here's a technical question. I've been having serious issues with LTE on my Galaxy Grand Prime for well over half a year now. I originally thought that it was because of congestion or tower issues, but it happens everywhere I go, so I suspect that it's my phone that's the problem, and not on Sprint's end.

When I leave home, where data is fine because I'm on my WiFi, for various reasons I prefer to use LTE and not WiFi. Mainly for security, since I don't want to risk passwords and financial data to go over unsecure public WiFi, but also because I find most public WiFi to be slow and unreliable, and I hate those "Accept" screens.

What happens is that LTE is initially ok, and sometimes really good, as in 50/10, but within 5 minutes or so, it cuts out, and the only solution I've found is to restart the phone, which usually fixes it. But the pattern then repeats, ad nauseum. Could there be something in my phone's current firmware, or some setting, or perhaps a 3rd party app, that's causing this to happen?

And please, DON'T tell me to switch carriers and Sprint sucks. I'll probably end up moving to TM eventually, but I'm waiting for the merger to play out since we're probably all going to TM, voluntarily or not.
CobaltBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #1119
jlawson
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Galaxy S7
SU$: 113
Just bought a Galaxy S7 from a Sprint customer. TMobile says the IMEI shows as being unlocked but we can't get the phone to work with a TM sim card. It says something to the effect of "must be used with the current UICC carrier". How can I get it to work with TM? Some online sources say that S automatically unlocks your phone when it becomes eligible, but that it is really still stuck to them as a carrier. Other sites say it can be "flashed" but several stores I have talked to said not to do that because it can easily "brick" the phone. Any suggestions? TIA
jlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:51 AM   #1120
CobaltBlue
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Galaxy GP
SU$: 12,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawson View Post
Just bought a Galaxy S7 from a Sprint customer. TMobile says the IMEI shows as being unlocked but we can't get the phone to work with a TM sim card. It says something to the effect of "must be used with the current UICC carrier". How can I get it to work with TM? Some online sources say that S automatically unlocks your phone when it becomes eligible, but that it is really still stuck to them as a carrier. Other sites say it can be "flashed" but several stores I have talked to said not to do that because it can easily "brick" the phone. Any suggestions? TIA
Call Sprint and ask them to completely unlock the phone. They may or may not be able to willing to do this. Be as insistent as you can and ask for supervisors if necessary. They claim to have both international and domestic unlocking, so try to get them to do both. I thought it was not longer legal to prevent a phone from being used with another carrier, past a certain period of ownership and usage with the initial carrier. I recently got our phones fully unlocked, but have yet to try them with a different carrier or SIM, so perhaps we're in the same boat as you.
CobaltBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Sprint Rep/Tech here to help!! Part 2!!!!

Tags
questions, sprint rep, technician

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: