Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-04-2016, 07:05 AM   #1
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
Samsung S7 Edge Baby!!! Hotness!!!

I got my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge last Mon before all of you so might as well brag. T-Mobile rocks! Greg hopefully you get yours this year.

I was happy with my Note 5 but what the heck. Might as well use my Jump and get a free VR and a free year of Netflix so that makes two. Not that I need another VR since I already have one. lol I'll sell it or mabye get the wife a Note 5 and give the VR her to her.

I've had a ton of phones Samsung keeps improving on build quality. The S7 Edge design is sweet and has some weight to it so it feels solid. You definitely need a case with the Edge since it's so thin. I'm glad the SD card is back and water resistant is nice to have. I ran out of space on my Note 5 32GB mainly because of the VR.

Last edited by tbakergobuck; 03-04-2016 at 07:09 AM.
tbakergobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:46 PM   #2
th3taman
I'm a phone whore!

Mood: Amused
Phone: Nexus 6P
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 117,203
I got mine too. 😛 Damn nice phone! Getting it days before actual release day is nice.

Tapatalk app using Galaxy S7 Edge

***NEW cloud storage COPY. Click
HERE to get 5GB and an additional 5GB for you and me when signing up and installing Copy app. DO IT NOW!
Click HERE for a DROPBOX account; get you and me more space!
th3taman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to th3taman For This Useful Post:
tbakergobuck (03-07-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 06:31 AM   #3
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Welcome to the S7 club.
th3taman (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 06:47 AM   #4
th3taman
I'm a phone whore!

Mood: Amused
Phone: Nexus 6P
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 117,203
Now I just need to decide what I'm going to do about an SD card. The free one I got from Best Buy only writes 20mb/s but is 64GB. I have a 32 GB Sandisk that is at 30 mb/s. I may just pull the trigger on the 64 GB one on Amazon (if still there) at 48 mb/s. And maybe try and sell the one from Amazon?

***NEW cloud storage COPY. Click
HERE to get 5GB and an additional 5GB for you and me when signing up and installing Copy app. DO IT NOW!
Click HERE for a DROPBOX account; get you and me more space!
th3taman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:42 AM   #5
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3taman View Post
Now I just need to decide what I'm going to do about an SD card. The free one I got from Best Buy only writes 20mb/s but is 64GB. I have a 32 GB Sandisk that is at 30 mb/s. I may just pull the trigger on the 64 GB one on Amazon (if still there) at 48 mb/s. And maybe try and sell the one from Amazon?
If you plan on recording any 4K those cards are too slow. I'm waiting for a deal on the Samsung Pro Plus. It was just $34 last week and I missed it. It's one of the fastest cards out now. Read up to 95MB/s.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8545275-sams...m-shipping-tax

My Best Buy had no problem matching Samsungs prices so hopefully that really good deal will come back.

Last edited by tbakergobuck; 03-09-2016 at 06:45 AM.
tbakergobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #6
bpillard
Telegraph User

Phone: LG Lotus Elite
SU$: 154
I just upgraded from an S4 to the S7. How can I change the sound that plays when the timer reaches zero in the clock app. The S4 had a settings button on the soft key left of the home button. The S7 softkey in the same place now brings up open or recently used apps. I can't find the setting anywhere to change the sound in the timer feature of the clock.
bpillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:29 AM   #7
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Not sure if this is what your talking about buy I just hit options. I have the T-Mobile S7 Edge.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2016, 08:23 AM   #8
bpillard
Telegraph User

Thanks for the reply and the screen shot. You are close, but you are looking at the alarm settings. The timer sound is different than what you select for the alarm sound. I need to find timer settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160310-081530.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	46215  
Old 03-10-2016, 01:34 PM   #9
bpillard
Telegraph User

Here is part of the message that I received from Samsung support via email:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Samsung Technical Support. We always appreciate hearing from our customers.

I see that you want to change the sound that plays when the timer in clock application reaches zero. I can certainly understand your concerns regarding the issue. I will assist you with the required information.

We are constantly improving and updating our operating systems, and with every improvement there is always a chance an older feature may be changed or removed. I have checked the resources and see that the option to change the timer sound has been removed. Samsung always strives to produce the
products which meet customers’ demands in terms of functionality,
reliability, and technical superiority. Samsung keeps developing
products using the latest technologies in the market and will be
releasing them on a timely basis. We value your input about your favorite features on our devices. Hopefully, you might be getting all
the features that you are expecting in the device which will be released
in the future. Please keep checking the Samsung website to get
information about the products releasing from Samsung.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:28 AM   #10
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

I noticed a few bugs with my T-Mobile S7E. When phone is on silent I still hear notifications so I just put on do not disturb. Also when I tap on a phone number on the web or on maps I have to do it twice for the number to show up to dial.

I'm loving the phone. The build quality is top notch. It's hotness. I know I said that already but I just like looking at the curves. Sound quality seems great. I guess some bluetooth headsets it's low from what I read. I had that issue with the Note 5 but it was just one headset that I didn't use much. The high notification to make you aware the volume is high is annoying. Battery life is great for me. I can pretty much make it on a full day charge and I'm a power user. I have 4 wireless chargers two are fast (Choetech). They say fast charging but I don't think they are doing it. I guess Samsung might have changed something but trying to figure that out. Not a big deal since like I said battery life is great and I just set it on one of non fast wireless chargers for 15 mins if need be while I'm eating dinner or on the computer. Ok I'm done rambling and probably only get a few views on this.
Old 10-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #11
Rose4uKY
Digital PCS User

Mood: Yeehaw
Phone: EVO 4G
My Mood: Yeehaw
SU$: 27,219
I know this thread is old but I switched from only owning HTC to the S7Edge and love it. But all of a sudden it won't fast charge anymore. My husband had this happen to him and they did a reset and ended up having to give him another phone. We have insurance and I am going to take mine into the Sprint store to check out battery and charging ports. I reset mine yesterday and still won't fast charge with cable and fast adaptive wall adapter but it will wireless fast charge.

Sprint let us do a 2 year contract one last time and we sold out HTC 9's and got 150 each and sold our gear for 60 each making our 7 Edges like 90 bucks and we kept our same unlimited family plan we our on. Contracts up in March and don't know what to do cause I love owning the phone and not paying extra on our bill but I am sure we will have to change plans at some point.

I am hoping the 9 comes out early next year but I am liking the S8 plus and Samsung will give me 300 off but I'll probably wait. Have never been a note fan. But the unlocked version is like $130 cheaper and I have never owned an unlocked phone if I was to buy it could I just get it and add it to my account online and nothing else will change. Just Curious! I haven't been here in forever but my 1st HTC phone was the EVO and I used to come here all the time.

Rose
Rose4uKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Samsung > Samsung S7 Edge Baby!!! Hotness!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: