Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #436
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Likely the settings are not being saved, or the device needs to be re-boot to save the changes
Old 02-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #437
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Mood: Bored
Phone: iPhone 14
Trades: 16
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 19,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryWriter View Post
You must be doing something wrong. You can definitely block others from using it. We have ours set up that way.
It's pretty straight forward on sprint.com. Theres an option to allow all, or restrict, and add the #'s you want to be able to use it. I've selected that option and put mine and my wife's numbers, and saved it. Still lets everyone else use it. Sprint support told me they don't allow people to restrict them anymore (could be since a specific time frame, and that people that already had theirs restricted still do), tech support told me it could be done, had my hook my modem directly into my Airvana (instead of the router) and "supposidly" logged in and enabled it, however, everyone with Sprint still around me can still use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airave.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	43427  
Old 02-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #438
boxermansr
Cellular Junkie

Mood: Bored
Phone: iPhone 14
Trades: 16
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 19,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Likely the settings are not being saved, or the device needs to be re-boot to save the changes
It never reboots or rebooted after I made the changes. I tried it numerous times, and I even rebooted it myself, still it never sticks. Also seemed to take Airave support a good while to do it when I called them, and he even told me it could take until my next bill cycle before it'd kick in which seems a bit odd as well.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #439
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Nothing official, but rumor is that restriction is turned off on many servers either due to misconfiguration or because Sprint is/was getting too many calls from people who lose service because they are connecting to a neighbor's restricted Airave.
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #440
digiblur
Cordless Phone User

SU$: 3,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman
Nothing official, but rumor is that restriction is turned off on many servers either due to misconfiguration or because Sprint is/was getting too many calls from people who lose service because they are connecting to a neighbor's restricted Airave.
Mine is blocked and works last time I checked. Any phone that comes to my house is just forced over to the weak tower. Its like the airave isn't there at all to that phone.
digiblur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #441
Dashacheal
Telegraph User

Phone: DashachealTO
SU$: 239
New Airave available with data

I wonder how I know that a new update is available from Chameleon Updated security bug, new features etc..
Thank you
Dashacheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services > New Airave available with data

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: