Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #16
DESERPENTOR
Droid Boss

Phone: DROID TURBO
SU$: 9,380
Anyone in NJ/NY?
Old 10-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #17
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
I left Sprint after 14 and went to T-Mobile a year and half ago around the same time as DJRider. Sprint still sucks here as far as data speeds. Not sure the issue is because Columbus, Ohio was one of the first to get WiMax. I've had one issue with T-Mobile. They messed the taking discounts away 2x but turned out that I ended up getting a better discount. I just a free Asus WiFi T-Mobile router ($200). You just have to give it back if you leave. What carrier does that?? I have the original Jump and can get a new phone 2x a year actually 3 times my wife has Jump as well. Loving T-Mobile so glad the Sprint merger fell through.
SirSmokesAlot (12-14-2014)
Old 10-23-2014, 09:20 PM   #18
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintguy4ever View Post
ewwww thats like $600 or so!!...i wont think that would drive ppl away from doing the test drive....t-mobile should offer a simple android/windows phone that should be no more than $100 hold on a credit card..that should drive way more ppl to do a test drive on t-mobiles network
I see this complaint pop up every once in a while, but I don't really get it. Yes, some people will be excluded, but are there really that many people that are so poor at managing their finances that they can't spare $600 of money that isn't even theirs in the first place for something like 2 weeks? T-Mobile isn't looking to cater to the same crowd as Boost Mobile with the test drive. Prepaid is there for those that need it, but postpaid is a different game, with a different clientele. The iPhone being the device for the test drive is deliberate for several reasons, only one of which is the quality of service. It can be hard to differentiate between a crappy phone and crappy service, but if you offer a top of the line phone, you take one of the factors out of the equation. I think they should definitely offer an Android device, but it needs to be a decent one. Windows Phone is something they could get away with going cheap on, but people probably still wouldn't choose it if the iPhone or a good Android device were available, too. It would have been interesting if T-Mobile had worked with Microsoft instead of Apple for devices. It might have been a pretty nice way to try and push Windows Phone.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 12:30 AM   #19
The SPCS Guy
Yup...Still With Sprint... ImmaTwiztedOne!

Phone: Galaxy Note 4™
Trades: 1
SU$: 10,113
Send a message via Skype™ to The SPCS Guy
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcox95 View Post
Depends on where you live. I live above Nashville and T-Mobile sucks and Sprint has always been good to me.

I agree. I just recently celebrated my 1 year anniversary on T-Mobile. They sent me a text message congratulating me.. I can't believe it. When I came to T-Mobile, service in Charlotte was decent. I just wanted something that would work where I live. Since then, I've seen parts of areas close by, go from Edge to 4G LTE. A major win in my book, by a company that wants to do well. I'm sold!
Customizations:AppBrain Apps
The SPCS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The SPCS Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #20
ZiggyZ
I'm Kind Of A BIG Deal...

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Galaxy Note 3
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 11,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
I left Sprint after 14 and went to T-Mobile a year and half ago around the same time as DJRider. Sprint still sucks here as far as data speeds. Not sure the issue is because Columbus, Ohio was one of the first to get WiMax. I've had one issue with T-Mobile. They messed the taking discounts away 2x but turned out that I ended up getting a better discount. I just a free Asus WiFi T-Mobile router ($200). You just have to give it back if you leave. What carrier does that?? I have the original Jump and can get a new phone 2x a year actually 3 times my wife has Jump as well. Loving T-Mobile so glad the Sprint merger fell through.
I was with sprint for 15 years. 15 years. I finally had enough. Apparently, a major metro area like Buffalo,NY was not a good enough reason for sprint to fix their many service woes. Of course, like any other carrier, you had your drop/dead spots where you will lose a call. Those areas got worse 10 fold. According to sprint the specific area was getting an upgrade and the upgraded towers were not compatible with the surrounding other towers that calls would be handed off to. Having 1 4G tower in an area that covers 1.3 million people was enough to send all of your customers in that particular area, a mass text message letting them all know that they can now enjoy the new Sprint. That their area just underwent a major upgrade. What a bunch of BS. This is what my tipping point finely was. The 4G was like being on dial-up. Not that I had much to worry about, because that tower was at the airport. The 4G was slower than 3G, by a long shot.

I spent the better part of 3 weeks researching the four providers better in my area. I never thought moving to new service would be like shopping for car insurance. I really wanted to work most of the numbers to really understand from financial standpoint if it was going to be worth it switching. And then also what would be in town with switching. With T Mobile paying my ETF's is one of the main things that really sealed the deal. Especially since I had just did an upgrade on all my lines with sprint 3 months prior. My ETF'S totaled $600. My monthly bill was around $510/mo.

The idiot on the phone when I called to cancel, did nothing to convince me to stay. I'm not talking about giving me free stuff or any perks. I could care less about that. She didn't say or do anything to retain my biz. You think with 8 lines of service and 15 years in, you would try something. But no apology or anything from this person. The only thing she did was beat me up about my ETF and how much is was going to be. I told her it's almost the cost of 1 month of service compared to the remaining 20 months I had left. Then she had the nerve to all me a liar bcs I told her about bad data speeds and no 4G. Bcs I told her that my area still has no 4G. I told her you can't consider an area like mine as being adequate to service all you customers from 1 tower. I think she was just irritated bcs cancelling my service was going to require a lot more than just a couple of mouse clicks. Bcs of the length of time, the amount of lines I had, being a business customer and the amount of money I was paying required her to call some other dept directly at corporate in order to get my acct cancelled. That was the only time I've ever been treated as a big deal at sprint. Lol

I spent a little time with coverage maps to make sure tmobile is going to be in the places that I frequent the most, like Home, work, friends house, shopping, etc.

Cost wise, t-mobile came out on top. I'm saving around $90+ a month between 4 lines of service. That's already taking into account paying for the devices as well.

Some of the things that tmobile is not good for is if your the road warrior type. If you spend a lot of time behind the wheel like truck drivers, then tmobile is probably not a good fit.

Also, there is no roaming with tmobile. That's the one thing I miss about sprint is that you could roam. Actually, I'll correct myself, there is roaming, but for data you only get 50mb of roaming data a month. When you hit yhat threshold, you cut off permanently. Unless you roam abroad, like Canada or anywhere else other than the US. Otherwise, I don't have a lot of issues with tmobile.

Service at my house is challenging though, because I have aluminum siding throughout and some energy efficient windows. Service is great outside but the moment you go in, it can be challenging. But tmobile took care of me with that by sending me an LTE repeater. So now I have 5 bars throughout my house.

The difference between tmobile and sprint is night and day. Not only service for my phone, but customer service as well.

The only other issue I have is that there are no service and repair locations like sprint has.

Otherwise,I'm pretty much happy.

Actually, I recently cancelled my service. 15 years, 11 lines. Boom...Gone...
ZiggyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZiggyZ For This Useful Post:
SirSmokesAlot (11-12-2014)
Old 11-12-2014, 12:17 PM   #21
SirSmokesAlot
Formerly known as Sprintguy4ever

Phone: LG F6
SU$: 18,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyZ View Post
I was with sprint for 15 years. 15 years. I finally had enough. Apparently, a major metro area like Buffalo,NY was not a good enough reason for sprint to fix their many service woes. Of course, like any other carrier, you had your drop/dead spots where you will lose a call. Those areas got worse 10 fold. According to sprint the specific area was getting an upgrade and the upgraded towers were not compatible with the surrounding other towers that calls would be handed off to. Having 1 4G tower in an area that covers 1.3 million people was enough to send all of your customers in that particular area, a mass text message letting them all know that they can now enjoy the new Sprint. That their area just underwent a major upgrade. What a bunch of BS. This is what my tipping point finely was. The 4G was like being on dial-up. Not that I had much to worry about, because that tower was at the airport. The 4G was slower than 3G, by a long shot.

I spent the better part of 3 weeks researching the four providers better in my area. I never thought moving to new service would be like shopping for car insurance. I really wanted to work most of the numbers to really understand from financial standpoint if it was going to be worth it switching. And then also what would be in town with switching. With T Mobile paying my ETF's is one of the main things that really sealed the deal. Especially since I had just did an upgrade on all my lines with sprint 3 months prior. My ETF'S totaled $600. My monthly bill was around $510/mo.

The idiot on the phone when I called to cancel, did nothing to convince me to stay. I'm not talking about giving me free stuff or any perks. I could care less about that. She didn't say or do anything to retain my biz. You think with 8 lines of service and 15 years in, you would try something. But no apology or anything from this person. The only thing she did was beat me up about my ETF and how much is was going to be. I told her it's almost the cost of 1 month of service compared to the remaining 20 months I had left. Then she had the nerve to all me a liar bcs I told her about bad data speeds and no 4G. Bcs I told her that my area still has no 4G. I told her you can't consider an area like mine as being adequate to service all you customers from 1 tower. I think she was just irritated bcs cancelling my service was going to require a lot more than just a couple of mouse clicks. Bcs of the length of time, the amount of lines I had, being a business customer and the amount of money I was paying required her to call some other dept directly at corporate in order to get my acct cancelled. That was the only time I've ever been treated as a big deal at sprint. Lol

I spent a little time with coverage maps to make sure tmobile is going to be in the places that I frequent the most, like Home, work, friends house, shopping, etc.

Cost wise, t-mobile came out on top. I'm saving around $90+ a month between 4 lines of service. That's already taking into account paying for the devices as well.

Some of the things that tmobile is not good for is if your the road warrior type. If you spend a lot of time behind the wheel like truck drivers, then tmobile is probably not a good fit.

Also, there is no roaming with tmobile. That's the one thing I miss about sprint is that you could roam. Actually, I'll correct myself, there is roaming, but for data you only get 50mb of roaming data a month. When you hit yhat threshold, you cut off permanently. Unless you roam abroad, like Canada or anywhere else other than the US. Otherwise, I don't have a lot of issues with tmobile.

Service at my house is challenging though, because I have aluminum siding throughout and some energy efficient windows. Service is great outside but the moment you go in, it can be challenging. But tmobile took care of me with that by sending me an LTE repeater. So now I have 5 bars throughout my house.

The difference between tmobile and sprint is night and day. Not only service for my phone, but customer service as well.

The only other issue I have is that there are no service and repair locations like sprint has.

Otherwise,I'm pretty much happy.

also ex-sprint here, after 8 years or so...

im with metro pcs (same as t-mobile but just a different name) which doesnt roam either so i got a H2O SIM card which runs on At&t

$20

400 minutes for voice and/or text

200 MB of data/MMS

you have 90 days to use.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainC...p?page=planMin

i found this to be the best deal around but only thing that sux is that you have to switch out the SIM cards unless your phone has the 2 SIM cardslot feature, in which my next phone will have for sure! then you can have the best of both worlds all in one phone

Sprint - the best at being the worst

If I help in any way please click the THANKS button
SirSmokesAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 04:24 PM   #22
CaptainSERO
Telegraph User

Phone: iPhone 5 (16GB)
SU$: 2,529
I was a Sprint customer for a little over five years and was satisfied with the service and pricing I received. Unfortunately, the data speeds/ signal in areas where I work was terrible. I didn't mind not having super high speed data, but the low signal was draining my phone battery way too quickly.

I switched to T-Mobile about a year ago and am very happy with the decision. I pay about the same that I did with Sprint and my data speeds are amazingly fast. I've seen download speeds of about 50 megabits per second. Not that I'd ever use that much, but it's a huge increase from the 0.2 megabits I used to get on Sprint int he same area. T-Mobile service in the New York City/ Long Island area has been solid for me!

I travel internationally quite a bit for work and T-Mobile's international roaming feature comes in really handy. While the speeds aren't super fast, they are adequate for what I use them for. Free international text messaging to many destination is also another perk that adds value to my service.

All things being equal, I have no qualms against Sprint. If they offered the signal/ speeds and international perks that T-Mobile did, I would definitely reconsider them as my provider. Im the interim, I'll stick to T-Mobile.

iPhone 6 Gold 64GB
CaptainSERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:43 AM   #23
jh101_7
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Bored
Phone: iPhone
Trades: 9
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 2,178
Send a message via Skype™ to jh101_7
I left Sprint a long time ago. Been with att and VZW since then. But, i just left VZW for T-Mobile two weeks ago.
Old 12-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #24
leicabug
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: WiFi/iPhone 6S
SU$: 2,403
Long time Sprint SERO customer, I finally switch to T-Mobile a year and a half ago. Sprint data speed was pathetic in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. T-Mobile LTE is so much faster! Today I just switch to T-Mobile unlimited data/phone/message family plan. It's $100 per month which is less expensive than my 2 SERO lines when I was with Sprint.
leicabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #25
Dubspoon
Digital PCS User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: HTC ONE (M7)
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 10,274
I was close to switching but now Bingen on is gone, the unlimited plans are more than Sprint even with Auto pay
Dubspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dubspoon For This Useful Post:
busdriver (04-03-2017)
Old 06-02-2017, 10:34 PM   #26
Telephone User

Mood: Fine
Phone: Moto X
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 1,023
Been with Sprint for like 10 years. So tired of talking to people from the Philipines I would almost rather talk to a robot. They have now done away with my plan, an account type, so now I can't make any changes to my account. So fed up.

I have heard good things about T-mobile, but their coverage map shows I'm in fair coverage. Not sure if that will be as good as Sprint. Anyone else show in fair coverage but have good service with them?
711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 12:36 AM   #27
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by 711 View Post
Been with Sprint for like 10 years. So tired of talking to people from the Philipines I would almost rather talk to a robot. They have now done away with my plan, an account type, so now I can't make any changes to my account. So fed up.

I have heard good things about T-mobile, but their coverage map shows I'm in fair coverage. Not sure if that will be as good as Sprint. Anyone else show in fair coverage but have good service with them?
T-Mobile has improved greatly, but still is not up to par with the big boys just yet. It is getting there tho.

Metro PCS runs on T-Mobile's system and might be cheaper in the long run. Just my 2 cents for this evening.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: