Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 08-20-2016, 10:28 PM   #286
billmc1952
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Galaxy S7
SU$: 76
Angry Bad Experience with TEP and Sprint All in Two Days

Looking at previous posts it looks as though most everyone has had a fair to decent upgrade from their broken phones. This one was one of the ones you wish you could just reach through that phone and pull whoever you talking to through it. Last week of June 2016 I was out of town and I stopped for gas. Went into store to get a drink and when I was coming out to the truck I got a call. When got to truck dropped the phone trying to pull keys out of pocket and it shattered my Note5 screen. Got home and filed my claim paid my 250 to replace it to find out they were out of stock and on backorder. May take 7-10 Business days to complete. Day 10 rolled around and no phone called in and they said sorry still on backorder give them another 7 - 10 days. Finally on July 16th I get a call and they said do to the present situation they still had no phones and also at the time they had nothing I could upgrade to. They sent me a check 4 days later 7/20 I get a check. I go to my local Sprint store explain everything to tech and they say payoff your contract and we can upgrade you to a Galaxy S7. I go what no notes and they go currently out of stock. Well I go okay what the heck it is suppose to be a good phone similar to my Note5 minus the stylus. The rep gets the phone we get it all set to go and he days when you get home just finish the activation of the software setup. Get everything setup but Google Voice it will not setup. It is late so I forget it for now. A week later I remember it is not setup so I try again same problem. Here it is 8/20 a month later and after several calls to Total protection they finally go well we see the issue now everything is setting up on the google side but for some reason it is disabled at sprint. Here is a number call them and they can reactivate it. Call said number and nightmare begins 3 1/2 hours later I just got pissed off when Rep comes back from a 20 minute hold that They cannot do anything contract expired 7/31 with Google so they can not offer any support. I go it is not support it is unchecking a box that is greyed out disabling the account on your side not google. When she said nothing else can be done I slammed down the phone and went to cool off. Called again this time Sprint routed me back to Total protection who after 45 minutes routed me back to sprint. At Google Voice it clearly states when you try to set it up that it is a sprint problem call them. So hear we are it is late in the night and I am going through the same crap I went through earlier only this rep goes to her Supervisor and after a long hold period I get Sir I cannot uncheck the box on this end and neither can my Supervisor you need to go to Google and at that point slammed down the phone one more time. What the hell Sprint if you are not going to support something anymore notify your customer so he can plan on making changes do not do like this and piss off your 20 plus year customers. Yesterday and today was a total waste. Very unhappy with this S7 upgrade wish I could of held out and got the Note 7 when it came out. Never had a problem with my old one now I am stuck with a phone I do not like and cannot use things that I am familiar with. Had to press the speaker phone Icon 10 times before it activated just in time to hear goodbye. Gonna be a long two years but you can bet I am gone elsewhere when my contract is done. Anything else goes wrong just may pay off the damn thing and pay the 350 early termination fee This sucks
billmc1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:22 AM   #287
RP_Aggie44
Telegraph User

Phone: Nexus 6
SU$: 213
I recently exchanged my several year old HTC M8 because NFC did not work. I knew NFC wasn't working for quite a while, but since I really don't use it, decided to not worry about it and save that as a reason to exchange it once the phone got a little older. When Sprint ran their special open TEP enrollment, I added the service to my phone. I waited a week or two and then inquired about repair for the NFC problem. Since the phone isn't serviceable they offered me a replacement. They didn't have any more M8's to give me so they offered me a new (probably refurbished) Samsung S7. Pretty sweet deal for me!
RP_Aggie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 02:09 AM   #288
Hip2Bsquare
Cordless Phone User

Mood: shopping
Phone: Note2 & S4
My Mood: shopping
SU$: 4,176
Anyone know if open enrollment in TEP is coming up anytime soon?

The power button / fingerprint scanner on my son's LG G5 stopped working. It is less than a year old so would that be covered under warranty? We purchased from Best Buy.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:29 PM   #289
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip2Bsquare View Post
Anyone know if open enrollment in TEP is coming up anytime soon?

The power button / fingerprint scanner on my son's LG G5 stopped working. It is less than a year old so would that be covered under warranty? We purchased from Best Buy.
Yes it is likely still under warranty. You could contact LG directly, or see if Sprint Account services will swap it for you even though you have no TEP.

If you choose to go another route....

https://www.fixez.com/lg-g5-power-bu...FQaHswodN4IBjQ

The part is really inexpensive.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: