Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 04-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #1
djinks
not an iPhone user

Mood: Amused
Phone: Touch Diamond
Trades: 3
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 9,080
Can I still TOL my line?

I do not see anything on TOL mentioned in a while. Is it still possible to TOL a SERO 500 line to someone else? Must they be local only? Does anyone have recent experience to share?

Note: no offers please, just recent experience requested. The only time I did this I was buying not selling and it seemed to be hard to do even then (4-5 years ago).

Mods, you can close this thread, if you want. I'll just post in the proper Trading Post section and hope someone who knows how to make it happen contacts me. I found a thread from back in November 2014 where someone did succeed, but not much inf on how he made it happen.

Last edited by djinks; 04-24-2015 at 09:33 PM.
djinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #2
esquire415
Telegraph User

SU$: 645
I am in the same predicament. When I did a TOL as a buyer over 3 years ago, there was a lot of work. Actually it was free so it was worth it. The seller wasn't too concerned if he lost his number. We managed to do the TOL and I think he actually ended up keeping his number. Now I want to sell mine but want to keep my number. It's a complicated process and you may end up losing your number if you don't do it right.

I want to leave my SERO-P $40 per month plan because I don't really use more than 1G of data. The unlimited data is wasted on me but it is nice to have at times when I do go over 1GB which is rare. I could get a plan that gives me 1G of data and paying less than $40. I received an iPhone 4s from Sprint for free since September 2014 and wanted to use it but my bill would become $50 if i did. Also I wasn't so sure if I can hack the iPhone like the Palm Pre i'm using now to make it a mobile hotspot for my tablet when I'm in transit.

The wireless tethering is the feature that's keeping me from switching plans. If I switch to a Framily plan, I pay $25 with 1GB data and if I want mobile hotspot, I would pay an extra $10 for 1GB, $20 for 2GB, $50 for 6GB. The minimum I'd spend will be $35, assuming I can still get in a Framily plan. A discount of $15 on the bill using an iPhone 4s (as opposed to $50 on the SERO-Premium Plus) for only 1GB of data.

I have jailbroken my iPhone 4s now but I haven't figured out how I can use it to do wireless tethering. This used to be easy without a jailbreak because of some rogue apps that can be downloaded on iTunes that activate this feature but Apple has taken them all down. I would switch if I can avoid paying that $10-$50 mobile hotspot from Sprint and therefore keep my bill to $25 in the Framily Plan.

Last edited by esquire415; 04-27-2015 at 03:52 PM.
esquire415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:41 AM   #3
RP_Aggie44
Telegraph User

Phone: Nexus 6
SU$: 213
esquire415,

Did you figure out your tethering situation? I also use little data so have gone to the Framily plan. I use a rooted Android phone to enable hotspot. This is much easier to accomplish with an Android phone than iOS.
RP_Aggie44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Tips & Tricks - All Carriers > SERO > Can I still TOL my line?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: