Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 AM   #16
relld05
Telephone User

Mood: Breezy
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 1,045
Finally, but wow, how dont you get the premiere Windows Phone, the Lumia, Sprint??

Theres still time, so hopefully something changes or they are the first to jump on new hardware... my contract is ending soon, and im trying to find an excuse to stay...
relld05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
FAMIR
Telephone User

SU$: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phabletguy View Post
Personally I'm going to advise my family members to stay with Android, I know none have any interest in iphones, my son thinks they're too restrictive. I think investing I anything other than the top two platforms which currently have 85% world market share would be a mistake for us. I'm very happy with Jellybean on my Note II.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using SprintUsers Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phabletguy View Post
Why would I want a Windows phone? I'd be afraid to invest in an operating system that had less market share than Symbian. I'm coming up on three upgrades on my family plan and one of them asked about Windows but I know nothing about it. My device is a Note II, my third Android.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using SprintUsers Forum
More or less the OS is personal preference. If you've ever played with a Windows phone 7, you might want to try WP8. If you like Android, stick with it. By no mean, you still can try out other things when you get chance.
WP8 isn't going anywhere, Microsoft will invest all what it has on this, believe me, they were so late in the game, they can't lose any step anymore. The PC world is over, you can't get growth from PC related field anymore, but the mobile devices are just skyrocketed, and even more, get way higher update rate. So, all the interests are on the mobile device now.
I'm a WP7 user, and I have Android tab, which is way cheaper than ipad or the new W8 surface thing, but I like the WP7 system better, although I hope Microsoft can get update and improvement quicker and more devoted. My suggestion to you, is that, if possible, you can try(not just get a hold in a store, but actually forced to use it for a month or two) and see if you like the system or not, of course, that's gonna be expensive. I got a chance to get my WP7 for free free, not even activation fee, but I'll have to buy the WP8 next time.
FAMIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #18
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 6
SU$: 21,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by relld05 View Post
Finally, but wow, how dont you get the premiere Windows Phone, the Lumia, Sprint??

Theres still time, so hopefully something changes or they are the first to jump on new hardware... my contract is ending soon, and im trying to find an excuse to stay...
Yeah, no Lumia 922 is a disappointment. After seeing the HTC phone next to a Lumia 920 in my local AT&T store there is no way I'd get the HTC. Comparing displays side by side was very telling. The Lumia's screen was gorgeous and vibrant, making the HTC screen look faded and dull.
rambo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #19
mmack66
Telegraph User

SU$: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by relld05 View Post

Doesn't look good.

Sprint, Nokia ignoring each other on Windows Phone - for now
mmack66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #20
ned23
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 3,009
Need apps for the Windows phone. I use about 10 apps for 90% of my phone use, and last I checked maybe 2 of those had Windows equivalents. I might get the Windows 8 tablet and fool around with that.
ned23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:56 AM   #21
werock23
Telegraph User

SU$: 83
anyone notice that the sprint home page has removed the windows phone link from it, over night?
werock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:27 AM   #22
Richardsit
Two Cans & String User

Phone: RichardsitFF
SU$: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Richardsit Send a message via Skype™ to Richardsit
This topic is interesting
Old 05-07-2016, 01:48 AM   #23
aksahmehta
Two Cans & String User

Phone: nokia