Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #256
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc585 View Post
I'm using the same phone (tp2) as I did with the Samsung airave, seems like the texting hiccups are far worse. I'm now receiving double texts which I never had before from Sprint and Verizon. T Mobile works correct so far, i wish there was a way to isolate the problems.
I just started using a replacement airvana 3G airave. Using an EVO, no duplicate text messages thus far, the call waiting beep issue has been resolved as well as the device handing off to the tower.

Hopefully its something sprint can fix for you. I know they are still working on the texting issue, which likely took a back burner over the lack of a call waiting beep and the inability to hand off to the tower.

They are also still working on getting the VOIP to work on it, but I'd not hold my breath on that.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #257
tomc585
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: LG G2
Trades: 2
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 9,882
Made my 2nd call to get some help and was told the same thing. "Disconnect power for 2 minutes then reboot so we can reprovision the device(s)"

Still get duplicate texts and the location showing on my phone via airave says I'm in New Brunswick (not even close). I tried to add zip code for the device on my airave page but it wouldnt save the setting. They were supposed to do that too.
tomc585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:31 PM   #258
tomc585
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: LG G2
Trades: 2
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 9,882
It seems they have fixed my double text issue so far. I found a tech via sprint community and this is what he says.
"There are two GPS data parameters with an Airave Access Point ( Airvana) The assisted is a backup generic location and that is where the error in your setup has to be.[ aGPSConfig ] is a field I can see in a new tool I have access to. The field that should be present is GPSStatus and it would have your actual latitude and longitude settings. We can perform a backend reset on this info to correct this through this new access tool we have.
It took a long time for our access to be approved as this is a field technician tool. I need a private message with your Airvana's number and the mac ID which should start 0005xxxx
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Larry ~ OKIESTRO"

He fixed it today and it is now showing the correct city via Airave, He also said there is a new firmware scheduled for 1st qtr 2012.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/332209#332209
tomc585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #259
ssAtramS
Pull My Finger

Phone: Nexus S 4G
SU$: 180
My Airvana works great (knock on wood) with the exception of one annoying issue. I cannot send tests longer than 129 characters. If I do, then it just doesn't get sent. Example, If I'm typing a text and the SMS program automatically splits it at 160, the recipient will not get the first text, but will get the second if it's under 129 characters.

I've read up on it on the internet a few places, and even talked to Sprint, but they have found no answer. (Big surprise there) and I'm still waiting for a callback from the "tech team" (another big surprise).
Old 11-19-2015, 12:41 AM   #260
mhgdhgfs
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Iphone 6
SU$: 118
I was also on the phone with Airave support last night and it was a real battle. I don't know about you, but I though we bought cell phones as a convenience but this is turning into a part-time job!
mhgdhgfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 08:09 AM   #261
laurkar2006
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Happy
Phone: Samsung S4 x2
Trades: 1
My Mood: Happy
SU$: 17,632
Send a message via Yahoo to laurkar2006
Also with the new LTE I have to change my phone to CMDA everytime I wanna click onto my airave
Samsung S6,

Nites free at 6 on all lines
laurkar2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services > New 3G Airave issues

Tags
3g airave, airave drop voip qos, cell handoff, issues

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: