Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 04-07-2015, 11:09 AM   #1
eyoungren
iPhone User

SU$: 12,922
T4GRU.com

I rarely venture in here. In fact, this is the first time ever, but I thought I'd mention this.

Some of you may be familiar with s4gru.com. There was an off-topic discussion about them and being a 'non-profit' and so on in another thread in the Sprint area.

For clarity, I am a Sprint customer (still).

Anyway, thought this was interesting…

http://www.t4gru.com/

Made by the same people who brought you the 'non-profit' s4gru.com site.

This absolutely begs a whole series of questions to me that I'm going to keep to myself, but if you have any familiarity with the management at s4gru.com and past history you can probably guess what those questions are.
eyoungren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
evowoman88
Watches too much NASCAR..

Phone: Nexus 6
SU$: 5,882
So, now S4GRU is going to post public T-Mobile information as there's. I hope T-Mobile sues the hell out of the bullies.
evowoman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:50 PM   #3
eyoungren
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by evowoman88 View Post
So, now S4GRU is going to post public T-Mobile information as there's. I hope T-Mobile sues the hell out of the bullies.
I just find it odd.

Why does s4gru.com exist? If you know why they started that site then you know why this new site makes NO sense - and you have to wonder if the rules that apply to criticism of Sprint on s4gru.com will also apply to criticism of T-Mobile on t4gru.com.

Whatever answer there is to that does not speak well either way.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:58 PM   #4
Gameaddict8
Telephone User

Mood: Chatty
Phone: LG G4
My Mood: Chatty
SU$: 956
Send a message via AIM to Gameaddict8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
I just find it odd.

Why does s4gru.com exist? If you know why they started that site then you know why this new site makes NO sense - and you have to wonder if the rules that apply to criticism of Sprint on s4gru.com will also apply to criticism of T-Mobile on t4gru.com.

Whatever answer there is to that does not speak well either way.
It's a free site to view, i don't see any problems with it.

LG G4
Gameaddict8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gameaddict8 For This Useful Post:
Bibbin (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 07:26 AM   #5
evowoman88
Watches too much NASCAR..

Phone: Nexus 6
SU$: 5,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameaddict8 View Post
Yes, it's a free site to view. But they want you to pay a fee for "special" information. You will be flamed if you don't pay and tick off a mod, who got to be one buy paying money. There's a mod there named A.J. that I will punch in his nose if I ever have the displeasure of meeting him.
evowoman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:02 AM   #6
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
lol. ^ As long as I was with Sprint I went that site maybe 5 times. Never really understood why people would pay.

Only 107 members on the T-Mobile site.
evowoman88 (04-08-2015), eyoungren (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 03:48 PM   #7
eyoungren
iPhone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameaddict8 View Post
Yes. It's a free site. Except for the paid information.

It's exactly like s4gru.com. 'Donate' to get the insider info.

The guy who created both sites also owns and runs an outfit that designs websites (he claims his day job is working for a firm as an overseer of large contracts).

No big deal. But s4gru.com was (reportedly) created to provide a refuge for it's users from Sprint haters and trolls. Even though the admin owns the site he refuses to use his own money to pay the web fees and does not seem to want to locate to a cheaper outfit. He's perfectly content to let the site die if donations do not meet operating costs.

I find it strange that you'd let your own creation cease operation because someone is not paying YOU enough money to keep it alive.

Now, the admin goes and adds another website that is an exact copy of s4gru.com, but for T-Mobile. If you are barely scraping by on one site alone, willing to let it die if funding is not met, how do you go and open another site without contradicting the standards and ideals you've created precedent for with the first site?

Another part of the discussion is that the management over there likes to declare themselves as a non-profit. This is in my opinion (I don't know for fact) a dodge to prevent being sued by Sprint (and now T-Mobile). The argument about that is over the definition of 'non-profit'. There does not seem to be any registration as a non-profit with the IRS.

The last thing I find interesting is their vigorous pursuit at s4gru.com of censoring posts and threads critical of Sprint and supportive of any other carrier. How they can do that and open a site that is NOT Sprint related boggles my mind when they are pretty clear about how much they dislike T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T at s4gru.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to eyoungren For This Useful Post:
Bibbin (04-19-2015)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > T-Mobile Discussion > T4GRU.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: