Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 04-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Arrow Wireless War Heats Up as AT&T Goes on Hiring Spree..

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wirele...140507378.html

Quote:
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) said Wednesday morning that it will hire more than 3,000 additional staff for its retail operations over the next several months. The company operates more than 5,000 retail locations in the United States, of which it owns more than 2,000.

The company has battled T-Mobile US Inc. (TMUS) and, more recently, Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) with offers of new subscriber plans aimed at growing its subscriber numbers by appealing to customers for prepaid service and lower-cost post-paid service. The new hires are needed, according to AT&T, to meet increased demand in its retail business.

That would seem to indicate that AT&T's new offers have been a hit with customers. The company added a net 566,000 post-paid subscribers in the fourth quarter. Of that number, 299,000 are smartphone subscribers. AT&T also added 440,000 tablet subscribers in that time. And the company added a total of 809,000 net new subscribers in the quarter. The company also sold 7.9 million smartphones in the quarter.

Now that Verizon has joined the price war, all the major wireless carriers will have to focus on reducing churn rates. One of the basic tenets of marketing is that it is cheaper to keep an existing customer than it is to acquire a new one.

Also on Wednesday, BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY) announced that it would not renew its contract with T-Mobile after the current deal expires on April 25. The stated reason is that the two companies' business strategies are no longer aligned.

What part the current price war among the carriers played is open to speculation, but T-Mobile's recent offer to upgrade BlackBerry subscribers to an iPhone 5S certainly has to play a major role. The question then is whether AT&T and Verizon will continue to offer BlackBerry devices as a weapon in the price war, or whether the Canadian company's products will be left behind.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #2
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,074
Heh...I wonder if AT&T is just in the routine of copying T-Mobile now. They're also hiring a ton of people.

It's definitely all good news for people looking for work. Hope Verizon joins in on the hiring party, too.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:27 PM   #3
MsRandall
The SU Goddess
Retired Moderator

Mood: Amazed
Phone: 64gb iPhone 5s
Trades: 34
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 40,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZap49 View Post
Heh...I wonder if AT&T is just in the routine of copying T-Mobile now. They're also hiring a ton of people.

It's definitely all good news for people looking for work. Hope Verizon joins in on the hiring party, too.
In the Bay Area Verizon just laid off 2300 people 60 days ago....

Blessed to have my Mother as my guardian angel since 12/19/06..I love and miss you so much!!!!
MsRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:30 AM   #4
billhood
Two Cans & String User

Phone: dsfds
SU$: 104

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: