Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
yazyazoo
Telegraph User

SU$: 439
Message not delivered error comes up very often.

I have a weird issue where sending text or mms I get an error "message not delivered" on the iPhone.

I will have to click on the red part to resend and sometimes twice to get the messages sent.

I have also received some text messages hours late.

Any way to get that resolved?
yazyazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
Kendog210
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 19,775
I had the same issue with my older phone and iphone 4S. Unfortunately I was never able to find a correction for this issue. Hope you work it out.
Kendog210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
madcapjim
Cordless Phone User

Phone: iPhone 5
SU$: 3,907
Had the same issue with the 4s, along with getting voice mails hours or even days later. So far no problem with 5.
madcapjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #4
raven69david
Telephone User

Mood: onvacation
Phone: iPhone5s-Note 3
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 2,034
I had the same issue with 4s but I figured it had to do with the slow data connection. I have not had that issue with this phone and I'm locked-in on LTE 99% of the day.

Last edited by raven69david; 09-26-2012 at 06:05 AM.
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #5
Kendog210
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven69david View Post
I had the same issue with 4s but I figured it had to do with the slow data connection. I have not had that issue with this phone and I'm locked-in no LTE 99% of the day.
You DO NOT have LTE 99% of the time?

There is so many mixed results about LTE. Just yesterday I was reading on one of these threads someone in SA saying they have blazing fast LTE all the time across the city. SMH
Old 09-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #6
raven69david
Telephone User

Mood: onvacation
Phone: iPhone5s-Note 3
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 2,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendog210 View Post
You DO NOT have LTE 99% of the time?

There is so many mixed results about LTE. Just yesterday I was reading on one of these threads someone in SA saying they have blazing fast LTE all the time across the city. SMH
Oops, I meant I'm on LTE 99% of the time. It's blazing fast on my side of town. I've used it around La Cantera area and Alamo Ranch area and LTE is super fast.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
VDubb
The Guru

Mood: Amused
Phone: iPhone 5
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 36,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazyazoo View Post
I have a weird issue where sending text or mms I get an error "message not delivered" on the iPhone.

I will have to click on the red part to resend and sometimes twice to get the messages sent.

I have also received some text messages hours late.

Any way to get that resolved?
It's most likely due to you sending a message to other iPhone users. By default, Apple switches to iMessage when you message another iMessage user (basically anyone running an iOS 5+ device). This service requires data and if you're having data issues, it won't send and you have to click on the red icon to resend it as a SMS message. You can actually verify this because you can see "iMessage" and "Text Message" headers above certain text messages and the color of the message (blue for iMessage and green for SMS). The reason you're receiving messages late is because when someone sends an iMessage, it'll stay on the server until you have a reliable data connection to receive it.

The simplest way to fix this is disable iMessage under Settings->Messages and toggle off iMessage.

- VDubb
Old 09-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
Kendog210
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven69david View Post
Oops, I meant I'm on LTE 99% of the time. It's blazing fast on my side of town. I've used it around La Cantera area and Alamo Ranch area and LTE is super fast.
I have no doubt you are getting excellent speeds. So far the LTE speeds have been pretty impressive. But there are alot of places in the city that does not get LTE. Infact according to s4gru site about 75% of the city does not have LTE.

But congrats on the LTE in your area. It would figure they would take care of the North and Northwest side first
Old 01-01-2015, 01:12 AM   #9
Arjumand
Two Cans & String User

Phone: printer
SU$: 105
The phone does have simultaneous voice and data. Just not on the Sprint network. Since it has that capability on another network, it does not seem like an Apple issue right?
Enjoy the real success with itil certification cost exam and cisco ccna online training programs and latest java training Also prepare for next level with quality Testking questions and www.pittstate.edu and join Curry College
Arjumand is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Apple iOS > Apple iPhone 5 Series > Message not delivered error comes up very often.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: