Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 4.90 average. Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #181
sde780
Digital PCS User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
Trades: 18
SU$: 8,567
Send a message via AIM to sde780
any update on this? I just ordered one for my dad
Old 05-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #182
fourspeedfish
Telephone User

Phone: HTC
SU$: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid-3 View Post
Sooooo the latest Firmware breaks the ringtones. If you change the primary (phone call) ringtone to ANYTHING subsequent to the latest firmware upgrade, you will no longer have any ringtone. The symptom is, the Settings app will NO longer allow you to save any change to that setting except if you change the setting to either Vibrate or None. But...it gets better: not even Vibrate works. It's just None. No ringtone at all.

This is documented out there on the web and it's been out there for some time, at least since the firmware was released. One suggested fix, which DOES NOT WORK, is to hack the registry for \current users\control panel\sounds\ring0 and edit the Value of the key by hand. Even of you do this and set the Value to \Windows\standard-ring.wma the vale in the settings app will STILL be Vibrate or None and you will still have None ringtone.

Holy Moses do they even bother to pretend to test this stuff????

My only thoughts at this point is to take it in to a repair center to see if they can downgrade the firmware to the prior release.

Anyone have any experience with this?
My phone just did the same thing 2 days ago. Mine will vibrate tho. i have been told the last version was having a "will not power up problem", so if you were to put the previous version on it may at one point not turn on at all and ur done. Sprints answer is "htc knows their is a problem and they are working on it. I am calling bs
fourspeedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #183
Pyramid-3
Account Locked

Phone: HTC Evo 4G
SU$: 10,901
I had the phone replaced under the software rule. There is no way according to HTC to downgrade the firmware.
Pyramid-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #184
fourspeedfish
Telephone User

Phone: HTC
SU$: 1,072
could you explain the software rule? thanks
fourspeedfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #185
J.BEEZY
Telegraph User

Phone: Moto Admiral
SU$: 226
Send a message via AIM to J.BEEZY
just bought a used one til i can upgrade in oct am i in trouble
J.BEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #186
tman
Telegraph User

SU$: 543
Bumping. My Katana DLX finally started dying and I wanted to stay on my retention Free and Clear plan so I got a Palm Centro, which is not bad but some internet sites to not work. I see that the Snap has a faster processor. Bottom line:

As an example, can you book a trip on, say, airline or Amtrak sites on the Snap? The drop-downs on a lot of these sites don't work on the Centro's browser (not sure if it would make a difference for this stuff since it didn't on the DLX but anyway I can't install Opera Mini on the Centro since the java app you need is no longer available).
tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #187
wardm6
Telegraph User

Phone: TP2
SU$: 111
trying to hang on with these old phones is a chore. I am still trying to hold onto a tp2 with SERO 30, as there are no better choices without 10 to 20 buck additional fees and loss of my 25% discount
wardm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #188
TredertinCOF
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Сергей
SU$: 105
Official HTC Snap Discussion T

This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for The Return of the King and other Lord of the Rings discussions. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Neil
TredertinCOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Official HTC Snap Discussion Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: