Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 10-28-2014, 02:47 AM   #1
moli32
Two Cans & String User

Phone: nokia
SU$: 129
HELP! ... calling card

HELP! I have gone to Europe before and calling cards are the way to call people in the U.S. However, this time I'm going with a tour so I don't know when I'll see calling cards to buy. I was wanting to buy a calling card while I'm still in the states.

What site should I use? I want/NEED reliable sites with good rates.

Thank
moli32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #2
aatif21
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Moto
SU$: 128
You can buy cheap phonecards from news stands when you're in Europe . Ask the seller for the ones with the best rates to the USA, they should know, 'cause they sell them all the time.
Have a blast, and don't call home unless you have to! The point is to get away from it all! :-)
aatif21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:27 AM   #3
moli32
Two Cans & String User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aatif21 View Post
You can buy cheap phonecards from news stands when you're in Europe . Ask the seller for the ones with the best rates to the USA, they should know, 'cause they sell them all the time.
Have a blast, and don't call home unless you have to! The point is to get away from it all! :-)
any website for buying international calling cards at discounted rates!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2014, 11:04 AM   #4
moli32
Two Cans & String User

HELP! ... calling card

Quote:
Originally Posted by aatif21 View Post
I'm thinking of getting a calling card instead of a monthly contract from a phone company, but I don't know too much about how it works. My main question is any recommendations of a certain calling card type would be helpful.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #5
aatif21
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Moto
SU$: 128
You have to get a calling card with travel feature or with access numbers from Europe. I use Red Cross calling card from http://www.ontariophonecards.ca/ , which is US/Canada card, but has access number for most courtiers. Europe is covered. You have to keep in mind that there is an extra charge for use of international access number for all travel calling card, so you would ave to pay few cents more for call from Europe to USA they you would pay for calls from USA. If you have a Android or IPhone smart phone which you can use with Wifi in Europe I would recommend CiCi Mobile calling app http://www.ciciphonecard.com/cicimobile which has call-back function. In this case you intiate the call from you phone, but do not use you phone, system will call you back on you hotel phone, and you pay USA to Europe rate.
aatif21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by moli32 View Post
I'm thinking of getting a calling card instead of a monthly contract from a phone company, but I don't know too much about how it works. My main question is any recommendations of a certain calling card type would be helpful.

Thanks.
I use this service www.mychitchat.com have used it for 10 years for international calling from state side. My wife used it 3 months ago in South Korea rates aren't bad at all.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: