Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 09-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
jruggiero
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 57
Thumbs up Review: The HTC One E8, an Affordable, Solid, & Worthy Contender

I am a Sprint Product Ambassador, and I thought I'd share my take on my current device, the HTC One E8...

The HTC One E8 device has been called mid-tier, but my findings show that this is only in price. After using this device for the past few weeks, I can happily report that tech-wise it stacks up there with high-end devices. The HTC One E8 is the kid brother to HTC’s current flagship device, the HTC One M8. However, don’t let the “kid brother” title fool you. This is one SOLID device that is worthy amongst the tech elite.

Let’s measure the specs side by side for the HTC One M8 versus the E8…

As you can see, they match up almost identically spec-wise. Therefore, I cannot righteously call this device “mid-tier” based upon its specs and my personal experience with it.

Between the HTC One E8 and M8 devices, the few differing areas are...
  • Storage: The HTC One E8 has 16gb of on board storage, versus 32gb for the M8. However, HTC has an agreement with Google Drive that provides 100gb of cloud storage, and the E8 supports a microSD card (not included). With cloud storage and the microSD card, the 16gb of on board storage should not be a hindrance.
  • Camera: Both the E8 and M8 have 5mp front-facing cameras. Regarding the rear camera, the HTC One E8 has a 13MP rear camera. On the HTC One M8 there are two rear cameras – 4MP and 2.1MP which both use UltraPixel technology. With the 13MP rear-facing camera, the HTC One E8 captures gorgeous, high-definition images.
  • Housing: The Sprint HTC One E8 has a back plastic housing that comes in Polar White and Misty Gray, versus the aluminum housing on the M8. Even though the back housing is plastic, it looks great and has a nice, solid feel in your hands.

The above few changes enabled HTC to bring the SRP cost down by $200 from the M8 to the E8, making the HTC One E8 an affordable, solid, and worthy contender in the smart device arena.

After using this device for the past few weeks, I must say that really like it a lot. Why? Well, in short.. it is extremely responsive with its 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor and 2GB of RAM, has a 2600 mAh battery providing up to 30 hours of talk time, has a beautiful 5 inch display, takes hi-res images with the 13MP camera, and has Kit Kat with Sense 6 UI which is a joy to use.

My personal lesson learned: A less expensive device does not always mean less worthy and shouldn't be prejudged.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
jruggiero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jruggiero For This Useful Post:
CzechPleaz (11-06-2014), vision63 (01-21-2015)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > Review: The HTC One E8, an Affordable, Solid, & Worthy Contender

Tags
htc one e8

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: