Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #1
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
Anyone using Wireless Charging with G3?

What charging is working or not working for ya. I got my sticker and installed it inside the back cover. I bought 4 cheap circle wireless chargers on Ebay. Turns out I got knock off ones. I was getting the slow charger screen but the last few times I didn't. It's just the one coil charger which are more picky then the 3 coil ones. How much should it be charging? Not sure if I want to keep messing with or return it. I was just trying to save a buck since I wanted 4 of them

Old 08-22-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

The mA probably needs to be green all the time which it isn't. It just charges and stops. A guy said he got his charger to work with his note 3 charger that is 2a. Probably a waste of time posting here since this place is dead. LoL. I figure as soon as I return these wireless chargers someone will find a fix.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #3
CzechPleaz
Telephone User

Mood: Goofy
Phone: Nexus 6
My Mood: Goofy
SU$: 1,103
We (Sprint) originally decided that we were not going to carry any Qi or PMA compatible charging cases or accessories for the LG G3. Not in stores and not online. (Those decisions were made WAY above my pay grade so please don't smite the messenger.) However, I've heard recently we may be reconsidering, but no guarantees. Stay tuned, and if that changes I'll post here.

#sprintemployee
mkritzell (09-04-2014), tbakergobuck (08-22-2014)
Old 08-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
The Nexus wireless charger that Google sells works great on the G3. One of my neighbors has this set up on his T-Mobile G3.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechPleaz View Post
We (Sprint) originally decided that we were not going to carry any Qi or PMA compatible charging cases or accessories for the LG G3. Not in stores and not online. (Those decisions were made WAY above my pay grade so please don't smite the messenger.) However, I've heard recently we may be reconsidering, but no guarantees. Stay tuned, and if that changes I'll post here.

#sprintemployee
Interesting...For some reason Best Buy and Radio Shack stopped carrying the Qi chargers too. I picked up a Tylt wireless charger on sale at T-Mobile for $35 bucks. Very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLME View Post
The Nexus wireless charger that Google sells works great on the G3. One of my neighbors has this set up on his T-Mobile G3.
Once you go wireless you don't go back.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Pixel, 128
SU$: 5,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
Interesting...For some reason Best Buy and Radio Shack stopped carrying the Qi chargers too...
They probably don't want to deal with all the returns with iPhone owners that mistakenly buy Qi instead of Powermat for the 6.

*Speculation, but I can't think of another reason why Starbucks chose Powermat for their stores.

And oh hell yes wireless charging is awesome!
krudl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #7
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudl3r View Post
They probably don't want to deal with all the returns with iPhone owners that mistakenly buy Qi instead of Powermat for the 6.

*Speculation, but I can't think of another reason why Starbucks chose Powermat for their stores.

And oh hell yes wireless charging is awesome!
Really. lol Also maybe some of the wireless chargers had heat issues.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #8
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
Really. lol Also maybe some of the wireless chargers had heat issues.
Yeah. I don't get wanting wireless charging to be as fast as plugged because of heat. But people on xda seem to freak if it is just a tad slower.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 AM   #9
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

I didn't realize you can make wireless charging work with past phones I had. I would have done this awhile ago. So much easier putting the phone on the stand then plugging the cable in the dark in bed. lol

Total cost for wireless charging was $50 bucks. I could have saved 6 bucks on the sticker if I ordered it from China. Good thing is wireless charging for my next phone will only be around $10. Sucks the UK G3's come with wireless charging out of box and maybe a stand. Stupid America greed.

Here's the China website that you can get the receiver to allow wireless charging. Have some cheap prices on accessories.
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?...20140827074210

Last edited by tbakergobuck; 08-26-2014 at 07:41 AM.
tbakergobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #10
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

At least if the iPhone 6 rumors of wireless charging are true, the carriers probably won't be able to pull that crap any longer as manufacturers will have to have it standard to compete.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > LG > Anyone using Wireless Charging with G3?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: