Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 06-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
refritos
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Blah
Phone: DuraForce PRO
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 5,740
Moto X replacement SIM

hey all... just got a used Moto X. Was able to activate it online using the ESN, but it also had a field to edit the SIM UICC. left it as original.

Am able to make and receive calls and texts. also able to connect to data... but so far only on 3G.

at the bottom of the lock screen it reads "No SIM"

I'm suspecting this is the reason why I'm not connecting to 4G.

I called a few local sprint stores inquiring about a "replacement SIM for a Moto X." all indicated they didn't have one. was advised to contact support... i got to a tech support rep and was told that i should be able to go into a sprint store and get a replacement SIM.

haven't taken it in yet... just wondering if anyone else has had any similar experience with this kind of situation. especially if it involved this particular device. am i going about this all wrong?

or perhaps someone here has a better suggestion for resolving this missing SIM issue.

I'll update as the story develops...

Thanks in advance for any replies.
refritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #2
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Pixel, 128
SU$: 5,277
Please read my adventure on getting a sim (for Nexus 5, not Moto X), and then take my advice... simply find the code for the sim you need and ask for that; never ask for a sim at the Sprint store for a particular model phone.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=234210

Quote:
Originally Posted by refritos View Post
hey all... just got a used Moto X. Was able to activate it online using the ESN, but it also had a field to edit the SIM UICC. left it as original.

Am able to make and receive calls and texts. also able to connect to data... but so far only on 3G.

at the bottom of the lock screen it reads "No SIM"

I'm suspecting this is the reason why I'm not connecting to 4G.

My understanding is that on Sprint the sim is only required for LTE, and that certainly matches your experience...

This post in particular has the links you need I believe:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=27

Good luck.

Last edited by krudl3r; 06-12-2014 at 08:27 PM.
krudl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krudl3r For This Useful Post:
refritos (06-17-2014)
Old 06-13-2014, 01:24 AM   #3
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudl3r
Please read my adventure on getting a sim (for Nexus 5, not Moto X), and then take my advice... simply find the code for the sim you need and ask for that; never ask for a sim at the Sprint store for a particular model phone.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=234210

My understanding is that on Sprint the sim is only required for LTE, and that certainly matches your experience...

This post in particular has the links you need I believe:

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=27

Good luck.
Also only service and repair corporate stores have them.
krudl3r (06-13-2014), refritos (06-17-2014)
Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #4
refritos
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Blah
Phone: DuraForce PRO
My Mood: Blah
SU$: 5,740
Thanks for the replies. very helpful info. krudl3r, that's quite the ordeal you went through.

I eventually went into a sprint corp store with a repair center. explained that I'd spoken with support, etc... they indicated that they didn't have the part in stock and directed me to call back support to have them mail me a replacement card. so here I go again... I called support and explained what I'd already been through. She said she wasn't able to send me a card but offered to call around some other stores in the area for me to see if they had the part. she called 3 or 4 stores, but concluded that none of them had the part in stock. said the only other thing would be to speak with someone in orders and proceeded to transfer me. I explained the situation the the order support rep... after some clicking around he was able to order the part for me and have it mailed. A few days later it arrived... I installed and activated the card. Now we're rocking 4G on the Moto X.

although it's all good now, it still seems like this should be a much simpler process.
refritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Motorola > Moto X replacement SIM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: