Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Pixel, 128
SU$: 5,277
Aio Wireless

Just switched my wife from Sprint to Aio Wireless and i was very happy with the process. No issues with porting, etc.

$45 a month (with auto-pay) for 2.5 GB of throttled data (LTE is 8... not sure what HSPA+ is reduced to).

Seems pretty good so far.

But... this means that my a900 has finally been retired. It is a sad, sad day.
krudl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:10 AM   #2
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

"... 4G LTE service currently offers download speeds up to 8 Mbps and our 4G HSPA+ service currently offers download speeds up to a maximum of 4 Mbps."

http://www.aiowireless.com/legal-info/Data-Speeds.html
Old 03-14-2014, 12:45 AM   #3
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Mood: Dead
Phone: Nexus 6
Trades: 11
My Mood: Dead
SU$: 57,529
Just an FYI Cricket/Aio are now "married". http://merger-info.aiowireless.com/ Hence may change a few things soon.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:18 AM   #4
Matt
No H8

Mood: none
Phone: Galaxy S8
Trades: 5
SU$: 80,383
Always snide.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:36 AM   #5
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Always snide.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:24 PM   #6
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLME View Post
Just an FYI Cricket/Aio are now "married". http://merger-info.aiowireless.com/ Hence may change a few things soon.
Yeah... I knew about that, but didn't tell my wife because she HATES crickets.

At least for today they are saying no changes to existing customers (*except for CDMA Cricket customers which will need to transition to GSM at some point).

*I guess I don't recall if AT&T is saying that or everyone else.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:09 AM   #7
SLME
Satellite Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudl3r View Post
Yeah... I knew about that, but didn't tell my wife because she HATES crickets.

At least for today they are saying no changes to existing customers (*except for CDMA Cricket customers which will need to transition to GSM at some point).

*I guess I don't recall if AT&T is saying that or everyone else.
Here is more info on the subject. http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...G#.UyJQBOddXfY

Quote:
ALPHARETTA, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--There’s a revolution coming in the no-contract wireless space and the new Cricket is leading the charge. The new Cricket Wireless, emerging today from AT&T’s (NYSE:T) acquisition of Leap Wireless International, which had operated Cricket, creates a powerful force that gives customers what they have been asking for. The new Cricket will change the way people think about no-annual-contract wireless by delivering what matters most: a reliable, nationwide 4G LTE network; simple plans at affordable prices; fresh and engaging retail stores in their neighborhoods; and a range of cool devices.

“Whether you’re an existing Cricket or Aio Wireless customer or haven’t discovered us yet, we can’t wait for you to experience everything the new Cricket will offer”

“Today is more than a milestone in the industry, it’s a signal to consumers to get ready for a smart wireless service option without an annual contract,” said Jennifer Van Buskirk, president of the new Cricket. “We’re fired up to help people across the country take advantage of our fast nationwide 4G LTE network, affordable pricing plans and cool devices everyone will love. This is the power of the new Cricket.”

In the coming weeks, Cricket will be combined with AT&T’s existing operations to create the new Cricket, with a national presence featuring thousands of stores in states across the country. The new Cricket is taking the very best from each brand and focusing on providing customers with simple, affordable no-annual-contract wireless that’s easy every step of the way.

Existing Cricket Customers

There is nothing current Cricket customers need to do to right now. They can continue to use their phone, current phone number and rate plan to stay connected with family and friends. Once the integration of the two brands is complete, Cricket customers may visit a new Cricket store at their convenience to purchase a device and service plan that will give them access to a reliable, nationwide 4G LTE network so they can experience great coverage from coast-to-coast, with no roaming charges. Everything the new Cricket is doing is focused on making it easy for customers to take advantage of all that the new brand will offer.

Aio Wireless Customers

Existing Aio Wireless customers will continue to enjoy simple pricing plans and the phones they have without changing anything. The only change they will see is the name change to the new Cricket brand.

“Whether you’re an existing Cricket or Aio Wireless customer or haven’t discovered us yet, we can’t wait for you to experience everything the new Cricket will offer,” added Van Buskirk. “Get ready. It’s going to be easy to see that the new Cricket is the smart choice for wireless service without an annual contract.”

For the latest information about the merger, visit: http://merger-info.aiowireless.com.
Old 03-26-2014, 09:06 AM   #8
legion125
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,401
Just took a look on the Aio site and it appears that it has already matched up what Cricket's offering. I was considering Aio once my Sprint contract expires. I don't know about the rest of the country, but in my local, Crickets presence is mainly in the low income areas and has a shoddy presence as well as a ghetto reputation like Boost. I've never seen Cricket in the nicer areas but I will have to pay more attention.
legion125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:24 PM   #9
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion125 View Post
Just took a look on the Aio site and it appears that it has already matched up what Cricket's offering. I was considering Aio once my Sprint contract expires. I don't know about the rest of the country, but in my local, Crickets presence is mainly in the low income areas and has a shoddy presence as well as a ghetto reputation like Boost. I've never seen Cricket in the nicer areas but I will have to pay more attention.
Well Aio has network priority over StraightTalk (AT&T) from what I read, so that is all that is important to me. I guess I don't know why it would matter where or to whom it is sold/advertised... you setup auto-pay and there are no issues.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #10
krudl3r
Cellular Phone User

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudl3r View Post
"... 4G LTE service currently offers download speeds up to 8 Mbps and our 4G HSPA+ service currently offers download speeds up to a maximum of 4 Mbps."

http://www.aiowireless.com/legal-info/Data-Speeds.html
"If you run out of high speed data access in a given month, your access speeds will be reduced to a maximum 128 kbps for the remainder of your month of service."

This is a pretty crappy change to their TOS... down from 256 kbps.

Looking around a bit, it appears that 128 is the industry standard for throttling down to craptastic speed (as opposed to the LTE throttling, etc.).

Last edited by krudl3r; 04-20-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Other Carriers & MVNOs > Prepaid Wireless Services & PTT > Aio Wireless

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: