Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #16
gedansky
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Palm Pre
Trades: 1
SU$: 24,439
Sprint has done the same thing every time they roll out a new network or update since Paul's Vision in 2000... They completely hose their existing infrastructure for 6 months to 2 years. Then, when you are so fed up you are ready to leave, they finally get it MOSTLY working so you ("i") get lulled into thinking everything is going to be great. Then, after I sign a new contract, and before they are done with the last upgrade, they start the next one and everything goes to hell again. And I fall for I every time. Now we have the Spark rollout on out phones, a bunch of tumult between Sprint and Comcast on the towers (what is that relationship, anyway?) No spark, and barely any voice or data. They said it will take 30 days to resolve. I told them if I don't see ATT and Verizon level service in 30 days I expect to be released from my contracts.
gedansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #17
eyoungren
iPhone User

SU$: 12,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedansky View Post
Sprint has done the same thing every time they roll out a new network or update since Paul's Vision in 2000... They completely hose their existing infrastructure for 6 months to 2 years. Then, when you are so fed up you are ready to leave, they finally get it MOSTLY working so you ("i") get lulled into thinking everything is going to be great. Then, after I sign a new contract, and before they are done with the last upgrade, they start the next one and everything goes to hell again. And I fall for I every time. Now we have the Spark rollout on out phones, a bunch of tumult between Sprint and Comcast on the towers (what is that relationship, anyway?) No spark, and barely any voice or data. They said it will take 30 days to resolve. I told them if I don't see ATT and Verizon level service in 30 days I expect to be released from my contracts.
The point you make here is one of the major reasons I have issues with the folks over at s4gru.com. That site is all about tracking NV and any complaints or negative posts about Sprint gets you banned there. This is the kind of post that would do that. But for all of their cheerleading about NV this is the one thing they consistently fail to recognize about Sprint.

Sprint will ALWAYS find some way to screw it up. It's in the culture and as much as s4gru.com tries to ignore it, it won't go away. Masayoshi Son seems to sense it, but I don't think he really realizes how much it's ingrained.

Network Vision will be completed and it will be an underperformer in a lot of places. But that won't matter to Sprint because their focus is now on Spark. They never complete or finish something they've started before they move on to the next big thing that no one is doing.
eyoungren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #18
gedansky
Cellular Phone User

Phone: Palm Pre
Trades: 1
SU$: 24,439
Exactly my point, and I'm tired of feeling like I'm being strung along, then, when I want to leave, romanced by glimmers of success, only to have it taken away shortly after I sign a new contract. BUT, it's entirely my fault that I signed with them again, because no one held me down and made me sign.

Last edited by gedansky; 04-12-2014 at 06:36 PM.
gedansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #19
eyoungren
iPhone User

SU$: 12,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedansky View Post
Exactly my point, and I'm tired of feeling like I'm being strung along, then, when I want to leave, romanced by glimmers of success, only to have it taken away shortly after I sign a new contract. BUT, it's entirely my fault that I signed with them again, because no one held me down and made me sign.
I hear you! My contract is up in September. Previously I was on a 3G only phone for three years and it was fine. But once I got my iPhone 5 I had issues from day one. LTE did not arrive until August 2013 in my area and to date Sprint still has not done any better than -102dpbm. I'm told that -95dpbm is fringe signal for LTE!

So, if that's the level of service I will still have in September I will be taking T-Mobile up on their ETF offer and porting out with my wife who still has a year to go on her line.

Two years is fair I think. Honestly though, if Network Vision when complete is no better than what 3G maxes out at, then really, what was the point of the whole damn thing?

I've been with Sprint since 1999, but I've had it now. Come September if it's not better, I'm out and to hell with their promises of a better tomorrow!
eyoungren is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Apple iOS > Apple iPhone 5 Series > Why isn't the iphone 5s triband?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: