Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:47 AM   #16
ccchhhrrriiisss
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Mood: Inspired
Phone: Galaxy S7 Edge
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 14,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
Wife was wanting to check out Costco. Do you really save $$? How are the food prices? We canceled or Sam's Club membership because it wasn't really worth it for us.
Costco is fantastic! While it is similar to Sam's in many ways, there are some differences -- and many of them are surprising. My wife and I don't have kids yet, but we still shop at Costco for great deals and savings. Plus, their gas is the cheapest in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley.

If you want to take the Costco plunge, I suggest signing up via their National Membership Program. There are many websites with the application for this promotion -- which is simply a regular Costco membership with the added bonus of coupons and freebies. Costco membership costs $55, but this promotion gives you $50 in freebies and coupons (e.g., free rotisserie chicken, free 48 pack of AA batteries, free sprint water, etc...).

Here is a quick Google search for the promotion:

https://www.workingadvantage.com/pro...&featureID=407

Enjoy!

ccchhhrrriiisss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ccchhhrrriiisss For This Useful Post:
tbakergobuck (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #17
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Mood: Amazed
Phone: Note 40
Trades: 10
My Mood: Amazed
SU$: 189,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
Costco is fantastic! While it is similar to Sam's in many ways, there are some differences -- and many of them are surprising. My wife and I don't have kids yet, but we still shop at Costco for great deals and savings. Plus, their gas is the cheapest in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley.

If you want to take the Costco plunge, I suggest signing up via their National Membership Program. There are many websites with the application for this promotion -- which is simply a regular Costco membership with the added bonus of coupons and freebies. Costco membership costs $55, but this promotion gives you $50 in freebies and coupons (e.g., free rotisserie chicken, free 48 pack of AA batteries, free sprint water, etc...).

Here is a quick Google search for the promotion:

https://www.workingadvantage.com/pro...&featureID=407

Enjoy!

Cool. I finally had to fill up after a month and 10 days. I had 30 cents off at Kroger. I'll check it out. I guess we could try it for year and it's not a loss if we don't use it.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #18
th3taman
I'm a phone whore!

Mood: Amused
Phone: Nexus 6P
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 117,203
Quote:
Cool. I finally had to fill up after a month and 10 days. I had 30 cents off at Kroger. I'll check it out. I guess we could try it for year and it's not a loss if we don't use it.
And yes I'm jealous....I fill up weekly, sometimes more than once a week.

***NEW cloud storage COPY. Click
HERE to get 5GB and an additional 5GB for you and me when signing up and installing Copy app. DO IT NOW!
Click HERE for a DROPBOX account; get you and me more space!
th3taman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #19
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3taman View Post
And yes I'm jealous....I fill up weekly, sometimes more than once a week.
Well it was two fill ups for the price of one. I'm mad I paid a little extra for my 5 gallon gas cans. I saw them on sale at Menards for $9.99. Do people fill up gas cans at Costco? lol

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-ha...83-c-10098.htm
Old 02-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #20
th3taman
I'm a phone whore!

Quote:
Well it was two fill ups for the price of one. I'm mad I paid a little extra for my 5 gallon gas cans. I saw them on sale at Menards for $9.99. Do people fill up gas cans at Costco? lol

http://www.menards.com/main/tools-ha...83-c-10098.htm
I don't fill up gas cans ever except for lawnmower. I guess I would consider it if I was getting gas at a much cheaper cost than normal retail, but best I usually get is 10 cents off a gallon or getting gas before it jumps in price.

HERE to get 5GB and an additional 5GB for you and me when signing up and installing Copy app. DO IT NOW!
Old 02-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #21
Matt
No H8

Mood: none
Phone: Galaxy S8
Trades: 5
SU$: 80,383
I don't know if people take gas cans to Costco. It's a little different here because we can't pump our own gas.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z using Tapatalk.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:53 AM   #22
th3taman
I'm a phone whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I don't know if people take gas cans to Costco. It's a little different here because we can't pump our own gas.

That was always so weird to me? Jersey is the same way too. I didn't know of any other place that did that.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #23
Matt
No H8

Mood: none
Phone: Galaxy S8
Trades: 5
SU$: 80,383
It is weird and I'm not fond of it because they never top off the tank but it does provide a job which is why it was started.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #24
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3taman View Post
I don't fill up gas cans ever except for lawnmower. I guess I would consider it if I was getting gas at a much cheaper cost than normal retail, but best I usually get is 10 cents off a gallon or getting gas before it jumps in price.
I finally got a longer gas funnel so it makes it a lot easier. It was just like a buck at Big Lots. lol You can just poor it right into the funnel without the nozzle. Still takes 5 mins with a 5 gallon can but a lot quicker and easier then before. The new gas cans don't have the vent hole.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 PM   #25
ccchhhrrriiisss
>: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Mood: Inspired
Phone: Galaxy S7 Edge
My Mood: Inspired
SU$: 14,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It is weird and I'm not fond of it because they never top off the tank but it does provide a job which is why it was started.
Ouch! I didn't know that Oregon had followed New Jersey's "lead" in this. We looked into this during Public Policy classes in grad school and concluded that there are much more effective and less intrusive ways to "add jobs" than removing the ability of citizens from pumping their own gas.

As for GasBuddy...

I really like the app. I just wish that it was up-to-date in more areas. When I was traveling for the holidays, there were some areas that just weren't covered regularly.

Still, it is great in the San Francisco Bay Area where gasoline is often the priciest in the nation. In Palo Alto, gasoline is currently $3.97 at the station closest to our home. We usually drive to the Palo Alto/Mountain View border where gas is currently $3.63. That is quite a difference! I do tend to check GasBuddy more often when I am outside of Palo Alto where I am less familiar with station prices.

ccchhhrrriiisss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #26
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love

Back in the old days we didn't need a damn app. I remember when gas was 99 cents. That was the good old days. I feel old. lol
Old 02-24-2014, 07:30 AM   #27
th3taman
I'm a phone whore!

Quote:
Back in the old days we didn't need a damn app. I remember when gas was 99 cents. That was the good old days. I feel old. lol
Yeah, I'm not "that" old, but yet remember those days too. Hell in high school driving around in your car "cruising" was a cool thing to do....you don't see kids do that at all now. Of course I wouldn't either with the cost of gas.

I filled up my car once a week in high school for usually $10-12...I spend that much in 2 days now. My last Spring Break trip to Florida in college...we filled up one time at $0.89 a gallon! Sigh...the good old days.

Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android App Suggestions & Reviews > Gasbuddy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: