Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 02:28 PM   #16
Bront
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Bored
Phone: Galaxy Nexus
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 2,976
Greenify, Titanium Backup, a File Explorer and I've used Rom Manager to sideload system updates in the past (My old GNex to get it to 4.3).

For me, Root isn't that I have to use it, but that I can. It's nice to have.
Bront is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bront For This Useful Post:
tube517 (02-17-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #17
Noodle
Meh, I'm me.

Mood: Ninja
Phone: Nexus 5x
Trades: 2
My Mood: Ninja
SU$: 47,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

I am talking about rooting not flashing a whole bunch of ROMs. I just like to root and find a rom stable enough to use for a long time

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Generally the most stable is going to just be a rooted stock ROM
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:51 PM   #18
tube517
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Sleepy
Phone: LG G Stylo
My Mood: Sleepy
SU$: 2,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
Generally the most stable is going to just be a rooted stock ROM
Depends on the phone/tablet. I have found some stable CM11/4.4.2 ROMs on both my Note 1 and Note 2. My JB 4.1.2 ROM on my Thrive has been running strong for about 18 months. If you read the devs instructions carefully and don't flash every single "update", and know what you are doing, you can find a stable daily ROM.
Samsung Galaxy S3 • AOSP ROM (4.4.4)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7 in)• Deleterious 1.5 (4.1.2) ROM
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #19
AquilaChill
Two Cans & String User

Phone: Samsung Rant
SU$: 98
+1 for Titanium backup (mostly backup apps data)
+1 for Greenify, keeps selected apps from running in the background by not killing or freezing them but hibernating them, they still launch fine from their normal launcher icons & such. theres a 'donate' app on the play store for more features, like doing system apps.

Link2SD. mainly for phones with little internal storage, add an ext4 partition to sdcard & move an apps apk,dex(dalvic cache) & lib of it (selectively), move apps user<>system,integrate updated system apps (move new into system),batch ops,freeze,uninstall,dalvic cache cleaning (among others).but I use it for for mostly freezing since I have a large internal storage now (along with allot bigger sd card)?
ROM Toolbox Lite. I use it mostly for toggling apps intents/receivers so for example they don't start when my network changes.
WebKey. remote control your phone from your browser, not just settings, really control it.
WiFi Tether. no explanation needed, but if you need to tether something to your phone that doesn't support newer securities or something (that built in requires) this will work.

Xposed Framework modules:
App Settings. app specific dpi, font scale, resident(keep in memory, my main reason),orientation control,more.
Greenify (above). can take advantage of Xposed to work a bit better
NotifyClean. hides apps notifications, specifically.
Pandora Patcher. ad removal & AVRCP back.
Per App Hacking. there are more features but I mostly use to keep some samsung apps from running services (& a few wakelocks) when they don't need to (haven't gotten greenify donate).
Smart Alarm Icon. hides the notification bar alarm icon until an alarm is X hours away (Never,1-48h,Always).
Smiley Replacer. I didn't like my S4's smileys in the SMS app.. so after looking around I found this (orig reason for installing Xposed). I use NOSMILEYS, which is no images (just text) but there are various smiley packs.
MinMinGuard. not just ad blocking but ad removing, reclaiming the empty space they take up also on most apps.
Wanam Xposed. tons of 4.2+ TouchWiz ROM customizing.
XBatteryThemer. painless changing of the battery icon (I use Xperia Z Stock, its simple). several of packs available.
XPrivacy. ultimate app permission control.
YouTube AdAway. no more ads in youtube videos.

there are more but this most of what I use
AquilaChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 01:17 PM   #20
Bront
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Bored
Phone: Galaxy Nexus
My Mood: Bored
SU$: 2,976
XPosed is supposed to be pretty cool if you like customizing your phone without customizing it via ROM. Sadly, it doesn't work with ART, and I won't install it till it does (Nexus 5 owner).

No way in hell I'm giving up ART processing (As opposed to Delvek). I can get 2-3 days of use out of my phone on ART, and standby battery drain is less than 1% an hour.
Bront is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android App Suggestions & Reviews > Root apps

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: