Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
unsmiley
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro 2
SU$: 452
How to stop repeated automated synching attempts on a TP2?

This is annoying and happens in the middle of texting, surfing and talking on my Touch Pro2. How do I disable this function in Windows Mobile 6.5?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,HM,S &TMO
SU$: 16,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsmiley View Post
This is annoying and happens in the middle of texting, surfing and talking on my Touch Pro2. How do I disable this function in Windows Mobile 6.5?
Are you referring to Activesync?
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #3
unsmiley
Telegraph User

Yes it is the ActiveSync.

I have no idea what this even is, and I've had the phone for two years. I just want it to stop automatically going into ActiveSync every so often in the middle of phone calls, texts, etc.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Shoshana
Cellular Phone User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 8,666
My TP has been doing the same thing ever since the guys at Sprint hard reset my phone when it locked up once.

I wrote HTC since I can't update to the last software update available and because it bugs. They said to do another hard reset!

Honestly I was too scared to do that. When I went to the store they wanted $50 to replace it in case they brick it.

I have had my phone for 5 years and it didn't do it before. It opens a data connection and tries to activesync. Activesync doesn't even exist anymore - MS has something else now - Windows Mobile Device Center.

Last edited by Shoshana; 09-20-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Shoshana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
unsmiley
Telegraph User

My TP2 has been doing this for as long as I remember and I just tolerate it. It seems to not occur every day now. I have never done a hard reset (phone is over 2 years old).

Latest software update for this phone is windows mobile 6.5 (if you have 6.1 on your phone as some of the earlier TP2s have). You should be able to update to 6.5. BUT Windows 7 and 8 are no go for the TP2.

Other option is to load a custom ROM on it - I have been too chicken to try it but there are many out there for this phone, and you can also load Android on it. Most people that have done the custom route recommend it highly.

I use WMDC to sync, get photos off phone, etc. and it works well.

It appears you may have a touch pro, and not a touch pro2, so some of this advice may not apply to you. A hard reset is not a big deal if you back up what you need on your phone to your computer.

Last edited by unsmiley; 09-22-2013 at 06:24 PM.
unsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:05 AM   #6
Shoshana
Cellular Phone User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro
SU$: 8,666
Yes, I have the original (2008) TP. I used to back it up when I had previous versions of Windows that used ActiveSync but need to go figure out if I can do it using Windows Mobile Device Center.

I have Windows 6.1 on my phone I don't know where to update to 6.5. And I'm not changing the ROM, sound scary.

I mostly wanted to update to get the fix that corrects the bizarre daes I get for incoming texts and picture mail. And speaking of picture mail - any time my friends with iPhones send out group texts, I get it as picture mail! Individual texts come in as texts.
Shoshana is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > How to stop repeated automated synching attempts on a TP2?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: