Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 06-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #1
fishhead_soup
Telephone User

Phone: iPhone 6S
SU$: 1,601
HTC 8xt, better name than Tiara, but what do you think of the offerings

For those of us hopeful yet remaining, the official names of the WP8 devices have now been revealed. What are your thoughts going forward?

http://www.sprint.com/landings/windo...anity:windows8
Everything Data Share 1500; 6 lines; 19% Corp Disc; N&W @ 6p - $0, no longer that big with Unlimited Loyalty Bonus Minutes; Sprint Open World; Finally have LTE in my area, and for what its worth...in an announced "Carrier Agitation" market. However, still struggling thru the optimization process. Oh yeah, and that premium data thing.

Samsung A920 -> Palm Centro -> HTC TP2 -> HTC Arrive -> iPhone 5S -> iPhone 6S

Last edited by fishhead_soup; 06-26-2013 at 08:20 PM.
fishhead_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
woldemariam
Telegraph User

Phone: EVO LTE
SU$: 525
Send a message via AIM to woldemariam
I am very excited about the Samsung Ativ. Its has a 4.8 inch screen, which I think is an excellent size. Now, my issue is that I left windows phone for android because of Square and I am not going back to windows phone until they release a square app (or paypal).

I don't know how much the Ativ will cost but if it is at $500 or less, I will consider buying it out right instead of signing a contract.
woldemariam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #3
relld05
Telephone User

Mood: Breezy
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 1,045
If they announced these a couple of months ago I would have been incredibly excited, but now, not as much. These phones are slight variants of ones that have been out since January... And they STILL don't have as much as a release date yet!

Happy that Sprint is finally offering these but they are still half-assing on the OS.

If I don't jump to AT&T for that upcoming 41 megapixel Nokia, i'd definitely grab the ATIV (which is still an excellent device, don't get me wrong!). But I don't understand why Sprint continues to refuse to offer a flagship WP device.
relld05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
gd761
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC ONE MAX
SU$: 909
Negative for the Samsung and Very Negative for the HTC.
Samsung Mid-Range Phone. HTC Low-End Phone.
Changing the Name Don't Make them Any Better in the Least Bit.
gd761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
werock23
Telegraph User

SU$: 83
Here is a comparison on windows phones that was posted by a sprint community user.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/593794#593794

hope the link works
werock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
fishhead_soup
Telephone User

I read another blog post that the Ativ will have 16mg internal memory. If true, this and the removable battery bumps the Sammy up slightly for me. Still not all in at this point, I'm looking for warm fuzzies about SoftSprintWire.
Everything Data Share 1500; 6 lines; 19% Corp Disc; N&W @ 6p - $0, no longer that big with Unlimited Loyalty Bonus Minutes; Sprint Open World; Finally have LTE in my area, and for what its worth...in an announced "Carrier Agitation" market. However, still struggling thru the optimization process. Oh yeah, and that premium data thing.

Old 07-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
fishhead_soup
Telephone User

HTC 8XT Available July 19

Old 07-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
fishhead_soup
Telephone User

If the rumors of the new proposed plans turn out to be true, then it doesn't matter what WP8 devices Sprint offer, there will be more exits.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
werock23
Telegraph User

SU$: 83
this site thinks the NEO will be out end of September

http://www.byemobile.com/mobile/Samsung/ATIV%20S%20Neo
werock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #10
Makkari
Awake in a Dream

SU$: 563
I will never buy another Samsung phone in my lifetime. The HTC isn't so bad, but a variant of the Nokia 920 series would have stirred my interest.
Makkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:46 AM   #11
PokerFace23
I haz the EVOO service

Phone: Evo
Trades: 1
SU$: 16,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhead_soup
Been playing with it for a couple days now. Not entirely in love with it. Last WP I had was the Samsung omnia 7 about two years ago. Nothing has seemed to change. Still very smooth device. Does what you want it to do. Still a lacking App Store marketplace. The hubs are still the same. The device is nice though. Though coming from HTC and beats audio, I expect the speaker to fail in six months ;p also not a fan of the purplish color

Sent from my iPad using SU Forum
Old 07-18-2013, 08:26 AM   #12
gd761
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC ONE MAX
SU$: 909
PokerFace23;

That's why I'm Patiently Waiting until the End of the Year or the Beginning of Next Year and When Sprint Has some High End Windows Phones.

There Will be Quite a few New Phones that are going to be built that will have TD-LTE Built right in also the Hardware will be Better and Windows Phone Will have 1080 Support for ALL Windows Phones.

As for your New HTC 8XT, the Screen on the HTC Arrive is Better. If you don't believe me, then compare the specs side by side yourself and see for yourself.

Also, the Arrive came with 16GB and the Supposedly Newer and Better 8XT has Half that. 8GB, but as they knew Way Too Many People Would either Complain and Never Stop, or Hardly Anyone Would Buy a Sub-Par Phone, they Added a Micro SD Card Slot.

I'm just sitting back myself and waiting to see how the Sales of the HTC 8XT go and then there will be All the Proof that Everyone Will Need to show that the HTC 8XT should have Never been brought to Market. Especially to Sprint.
gd761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #13
fishhead_soup
Telephone User

So I had some time yesterday and I popped into a Sprint store. I'm almost certain it wasn't a Corp store, as none of the three employees asked if I needed anything - I was the only customer. Thanks Rocklin, CA store right off Stanford Ranch/Hwy 65, yes I'm calling you out - remember customer service = sales.

Anyway, I spent some time with the 8xt and my first impression was this thing was a bit too fragile to the touch for me. Sure it was light enough, however something in the way it felt didn't stand out as being durable. I am a rear pocket carrier so that very much influences my perceptions. Not going into the OS, as we know WP8 is smooth as silk, however there are some interesting HTC apps. The screen while big enough just didn't have enough pop, at least for me. I look at maps , read news feeds/articles and files ranging from pdf to xlsx throughout the day, I believe this screen would be a strain for me.

I didn't have the opportunity to experience the sound, I do believe this is a very strong feature of the 8xt and won't disappoint. If entertainment is a priority, this may be worth having a look. I need a smartphone that functions more like a tiny computer than a good personal entertainment device.

While I don't consider myself a power user I do have a need beyond talk/text/email from a phone, so don't read too much into my first impressions,

Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > HTC 8xt, better name than Tiara, but what do you think of the offerings

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: