Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love
 
tbakergobuck's Avatar
 
Mood: Amused
Join Date: Dec 2, '02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 29,312
Phone: Banana Phone
Trades: 10
Thanks: 878
Thanked 565 Times in 485 Posts
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 171,606
Noticed some guys working on my tower so asked if it was Sprint thinking that would be luck. Nope T-mobile. Guess I picked a good time to bolt. LoL

Sorry sideways. Tower is near channel 4 behind Burger King. They said they're doing 20 sites in Ohio for T-mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130724_165515.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	45161  
__________________
Dan Hesse: Just give us 5 years, and well build the 4G network of your dreams. Take off the Sprint blinders peeps!

Last edited by tbakergobuck; 07-24-2013 at 03:00 PM.
tbakergobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #17
eyoungren
iPhone User
 
eyoungren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 9, '09
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 699
Phone: iPhone 5: 64GB
Thanks: 35
Thanked 72 Times in 62 Posts
SU$: 7,075
Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Most markets are getting some build out at this time. Some 4th round markets (basically the final round) are proceeding quickly enough that their completion date is estimated to be sooner than 3rd round markets.

LTE / network vision towers should be popping up all over the sprint network this summer.

Sent from my EVO LTE using SprintUsers Forum
I am experiencing this.

Phoenix is a third round market. To date we have zero LTE upgrades and zero LTE tower acceptances.

The people over at s4gru.com are bewildered as to how Alcatel-Lucent has managed to keep doing only 3G work here.

In any case, PHX now holds the distinction of being the market with the most 3G upgrades and NO LTE.

One poster mentioned that he was told Sprint would have the first LTE sites up in 3 to 6 months. Convert that to Sprint time and it should be some time next year. Which jives with s4gru.com's completion time for PHX of June 2014.

Salt Lake, which started after Phoenix has LTE!

No idea what Phoenix ever did to earn Sprint's hate of us.
__________________
iPhone 5: 64GB Black, iOS 6.1 Jailbroken | ED 1500
eyoungren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #18
DJRider
Former SU Mod Grampus Misfire
 
DJRider's Avatar
 
Mood: Pensive
Join Date: Feb 4, '05
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 15,821
Trades: 8
Thanks: 623
Thanked 726 Times in 562 Posts
My Mood: Pensive
SU$: 101,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
I am experiencing this.

Phoenix is a third round market. To date we have zero LTE upgrades and zero LTE tower acceptances.

The people over at s4gru.com are bewildered as to how Alcatel-Lucent has managed to keep doing only 3G work here.

In any case, PHX now holds the distinction of being the market with the most 3G upgrades and NO LTE.

One poster mentioned that he was told Sprint would have the first LTE sites up in 3 to 6 months. Convert that to Sprint time and it should be some time next year. Which jives with s4gru.com's completion time for PHX of June 2014.

Salt Lake, which started after Phoenix has LTE!

No idea what Phoenix ever did to earn Sprint's hate of us.
I have found that s4gru is not as accurate with the roll outs as they claim they are. They clearly are totally off base with Sprint's LTE and Tmobile's roll out on Long Island. If you go to Sensorly in the area I live in, you get a totally different look. Since I live here, I can attest that Sensorly is accurate, not s4gru's take on this area. There is nothing like first hand experience in any market.

I hope you get LTE soon in Phoenix soon, it sure makes the smartphone experience a whole different experience when pages download with no delays.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SprintUsers Forum
__________________
Former SU moderator Grampus Misfire!
DJRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #19
eyoungren
iPhone User
 
eyoungren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 9, '09
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 699
Phone: iPhone 5: 64GB
Thanks: 35
Thanked 72 Times in 62 Posts
SU$: 7,075
Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJRider View Post
I have found that s4gru is not as accurate with the roll outs as they claim they are. They clearly are totally off base with Sprint's LTE and Tmobile's roll out on Long Island. If you go to Sensorly in the area I live in, you get a totally different look. Since I live here, I can attest that Sensorly is accurate, not s4gru's take on this area. There is nothing like first hand experience in any market.

I hope you get LTE soon in Phoenix soon, it sure makes the smartphone experience a whole different experience when pages download with no delays.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SprintUsers Forum
Yeah, I do check Sensorly every month or so. So far it's shown a whole lot of nothing. I'm just hoping Sprint hasn't decided that Phoenix will be the last place to get LTE turned on.
__________________
iPhone 5: 64GB Black, iOS 6.1 Jailbroken | ED 1500
eyoungren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #20
ned23
Walkie Talkie User
 
ned23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 12, '09
Posts: 342
Thanks: 8
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 2,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
Was at Easton and saw 4G on my phone. It was going in and out but nice to see. ...

Just saw some in Clintonville area this morning about 4 miles west of there. The nearest tower coordinates are N 40.0694 W 82.9962. It was on for about 30 minutes. It came on while I was eating breakfast and went off while I was waiting for the bus.

Last edited by ned23; 08-13-2013 at 06:59 AM.
ned23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #21
ned23
Walkie Talkie User
 
ned23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 12, '09
Posts: 342
Thanks: 8
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 2,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
Noticed some guys working on my tower so asked if it was Sprint thinking that would be luck. Nope T-mobile. Guess I picked a good time to bolt. LoL

Sorry sideways. Tower is near channel 4 behind Burger King. They said they're doing 20 sites in Ohio for T-mobile.
T-mobile has pretty sparse coverage outside the cities in Ohio. Our T-mobile work phones start roaming or dropping to 2G speeds pretty quickly outside of the city and I always have to use my Sprint phone to run my hotspot and use the laptop.

I just recently drove from Columbus to Traverse City Michigan and we had Sprint hotspot at 3g-4G pretty much the whole way. There were only 2 or 3 spots where we lost it for maybe 10 minutes or so. We had passengers playing MMORPGs and facebooking and remoting into work all the way up and back. T-Mobile is essentially non-existant north of Lansing.
ned23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #22
pstryjew
Two Cans & String User
 
pstryjew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 7, '06
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 118
Had 4G LTE all day in Grove City. At Pinnacle Golf Club and on Stringtown by Target.

Traditionally a terrible area even for 3g. I'm sure the Corporate store there has an in-store repeater.

4.39Mbps Down 1.21Mbps Up at 9AM

Last edited by pstryjew; 08-14-2013 at 08:12 PM.
pstryjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #23
ned23
Walkie Talkie User
 
ned23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 12, '09
Posts: 342
Thanks: 8
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 2,936
4G signal was up in downtown Columbus most of the afternoon yesterday until around 530pm. Have not seen any today. The 4G speeds yesterday were about the same as 3G when I tested them, they peaked a couple of times around 8M or 9M but just momentarily and fell back to 3G (900k-1.4M) pretty quickly. Haven't done a 3G yet today.

The Sensorly map is now showing hits across the entire city, whereas a week ago you could just see hits right around 3 or 4 of the towers where they're working.
ned23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
ned23
Walkie Talkie User
 
ned23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 12, '09
Posts: 342
Thanks: 8
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 2,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoungren View Post
Yeah, I do check Sensorly every month or so. So far it's shown a whole lot of nothing. I'm just hoping Sprint hasn't decided that Phoenix will be the last place to get LTE turned on.
I just checked Phoenix and it looks like their have been 4G pings at around 3 to 5 towers. Looks like a lot of activity is to the southeast, near Chandler.
ned23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:14 AM   #25
ned23
Walkie Talkie User
 
ned23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 12, '09
Posts: 342
Thanks: 8
Thanked 9 Times in 6 Posts
SU$: 2,936
Here is about a weeks worth of speed tests in northeastern Columbus when the LTE light is blinking on. It's still intermittent in my neighborhood and there seems to be little difference beteween 3G and 4G when it's on. It also is still plummeting from time to time, like yesterday morning when I couldn't get above 100 kbps for about an hour. It's not the blistering speeds yet, but as you can see it's been really good a lot of the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-09-07-40-47.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	45300  
ned23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #26
jporter12
Telegraph User
 
jporter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2, '05
Location: Johnstown, Ohio
Posts: 53
Phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SU$: 462
We have LTE out here in Johnstown! I noticed it at the end of last week, it went away for the weekend, then it was back on Monday, and it's been there every time I check here at home! Funny thing is that I live outside of town and get LTE, but I work in town Johnstown and get such poor signals that I get dropped calls frequently! Ugh... I'm glad I have wifi at work for when I need data on the phone! LOL
__________________
EVO LTE
Sprint customer since 1-2-2001
jporter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #27
YungDhurt
Telephone User
 
YungDhurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 16, '03
Posts: 109
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jporter12 View Post
We have LTE out here in Johnstown! I noticed it at the end of last week, it went away for the weekend, then it was back on Monday, and it's been there every time I check here at home! Funny thing is that I live outside of town and get LTE, but I work in town Johnstown and get such poor signals that I get dropped calls frequently! Ugh... I'm glad I have wifi at work for when I need data on the phone! LOL
That's awesome! Let's hope it leaks over to New Albany, eh?
YungDhurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #28
jporter12
Telegraph User
 
jporter12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2, '05
Location: Johnstown, Ohio
Posts: 53
Phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
SU$: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by YungDhurt View Post
That's awesome! Let's hope it leaks over to New Albany, eh?
There are tower upgrades happening all over the place in this area! It looks like upgrades all around you, but none for New Albany, according to this map: https://network.sprint.com/search/43054
__________________
EVO LTE
Sprint customer since 1-2-2001
jporter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #29
tbakergobuck
Tg1rL + Unicorn = Love
 
tbakergobuck's Avatar
 
Mood: Amused
Join Date: Dec 2, '02
Location: Ohio
Posts: 29,312
Phone: Banana Phone
Trades: 10
Thanks: 878
Thanked 565 Times in 485 Posts
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 171,606
What's awesome about that? I mean guess its good but damn Sprint is so slow and LTE is not even LTE is some places. Glad I didn't keep on waiting. T-Mobile LTE is all over Columbus. I get 15-30 mbps download and 5-10 upload. Just saying.
__________________
Dan Hesse: Just give us 5 years, and well build the 4G network of your dreams. Take off the Sprint blinders peeps!
tbakergobuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #30
kenvc
Two Cans & String User
 
kenvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2, '13
Posts: 1
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
SU$: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck View Post
What's awesome about that? I mean guess its good but damn Sprint is so slow and LTE is not even LTE is some places. Glad I didn't keep on waiting. T-Mobile LTE is all over Columbus. I get 15-30 mbps download and 5-10 upload. Just saying.
I agree completely.

I have a 3G phone through AT&T and an S4 4G LTE through Sprint. The 3G AT&T phone is 2 to 3 times faster than Sprint 4G service and I have yet to find anywhere that gets a Sprint 4G LTE signal to compare that. Comparing Sprint 3G to AT&T 3G, AT&T is 3 to 20 times faster. Often I even get a message that says No data signal detected, even when the Sprint phone is on 4G with all bars lit up! The only reason I got Sprint on my 2nd phone is for the unlimited data, but what good is unlimited data that's so slow it's often unusable!!!
kenvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > LTE Rollouts / Upcoming Devices / Network Vision > LTE In Columbus, Ohio

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sprint intentionally blocking new LTE devices from accessing live LTE sites variablebinary LTE Rollouts / Upcoming Devices / Network Vision 10 06-01-2012 10:30 PM
iPhone 5 with LTE coming in 2012 Shizam76 Sprint Discussion 25 10-28-2011 02:44 PM
4G now in Columbus, Ohio! johnwashere1 Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services 31 02-23-2011 07:42 PM
A bit of info on what 4G technology is... James Micheal Network & Data Quality /Airave & Related Services 1 02-15-2011 02:01 PM
Alcatel-Lucent and LGE Perform Successful LTE Calls... SLME Gadgets & Gaming 0 11-18-2007 12:52 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 PM.


- SprintUsers.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sprint PCS -