Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #46
SirSmokesAlot
Formerly known as Sprintguy4ever

Phone: LG F6
SU$: 18,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanlc2005 View Post
nice!

wonder if you can move the ptt "button" to one of the side buttons on the phone so u can have a REAL button vs the lame on screen one

is this app available to all android sprint phones?

this app should also be available to Boost Mobile customers as well since they are also going lose IDEN

Sprint - the best at being the worst

If I help in any way please click the THANKS button
SirSmokesAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #47
cbleman
Two Cans & String User

Phone: i580
SU$: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanlc2005 View Post
OK, ..... While I would prefer a physical button, That works. I'll check that out at the Sprint store. I frequently use PTT in my vehicle to the last person I contacted. Tapping the face of the phone would take some getting used to, and one handed operation seems tricky on the surface. If I have to look to tap, this isn't going to work. I'm sure others that use the radios for work and play in vehicles might feel the same way. I like to pick up the radio, and ptt while I'm driving, without looking. My phone even has a special spot in my truck for this reason. It's the greatest advantage over dial up. The selection of phones with a PTT button is still (as far as I'm concerned) lousy beyond words. I cannot believe Sprint would have such a miserable selection of phones to try and win back Nextel customers. It's almost like they don't care. Am I hanging on to old technology? In the words of my brother, ( Nextel user, and company owner.) "I have no loyalty to Sprint." "So many other contractors and friends have dropped off the Nextel Network, there is no reason to stay any more."
I am, on the other hand, willing to try to learn a new way. I have to admit, I too was on my way out the door. Bluetooth, and voice dial were going to replace the PTT button. While I can still do this, I have gotten used to PTT, and instant connection without dialing. The software feels like a work around, but if it works for me I will not care. Price and Coverage are the only other variables Sprint coverage in this area has always been poor. My Nextel phone, and PTT worked in places my company (Sprint carried) phone would not. Techs in this area have started to lobby the company I work for to switch carriers in this area.
I do have a question. I live in a very rural area, and Sprint coverage is spotty to say the least. Even though Verizon has excellent coverage where I can (Hopefully) roam, there are still dead spots. Currently my wife and I can still stay in contact through these using the Nextel radios. Does anyone know if this Will still work using the new software?
cbleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #48
SirSmokesAlot

yea its sad how sprint ruined the Nextel name and its service....i mean i understand what they are doing now BUT i know they really bring back ptt IF they really wanted too..i dk what to say for you and everyone else...might have to look into verizon they have PTT plans and sum nice phones as well but not sure how good the PTT is vs Nextel

Old 10-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #49
SirSmokesAlot

Old 10-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #50
SirSmokesAlot

FYI sprint does have a whole new PTT network called SDC (Sprint Direct Connect) that works on Rev.A, Rev.0, 1x AND even while roaming! vs verizon that only works on Rev.A...these phones will actually have a real PTT button but the only down side is that theres only 2 or 3 phones and they are all made by koycera which was a very bad move on sprint..they should work with motorola again and bring some nice strong phones in the line up

Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #51
cbleman
Two Cans & String User

Phone: i580
SU$: 149
Thanks SprintGuy

Thanks SprintGuy,
I watched the Video. A good advertisement why the Sprint PTT is better than Verizon. I agree there needs to be a more robust PTT lineup. I really appreciate the info and the obvious research! +1

Last edited by cbleman; 11-13-2012 at 08:53 PM.
cbleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:31 PM   #52
SirSmokesAlot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbleman View Post
Thanks SprintGuy,
I watched the Video. A good advertisement why the Sprint PTT is better than Verizon. I agree there needs to be a more robust PTT lineup. I really appreciate the info and the obvious research! +1
no problem

glade i can help

sprint needs to look at Nextel and why everyone had one (before sprint bought them) unbreakable phones and PTT

Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #53
SirSmokesAlot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraire2 View Post
Hey there! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My phorum looks weird when viewing from my iphone4. I'm trying to find a theme or plugin that might be able to fix this problem. If you have any suggestions, please share. With thanks! wish you luck

yes this is totally off topic and shouldnt been posted else where

theres a Sprint Users app you can download..its the the android/apple market

Old 03-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #54
Dubspoon
Digital PCS User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: HTC ONE (M7)
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 10,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintguy4ever View Post
nice!

wonder if you can move the ptt "button" to one of the side buttons on the phone so u can have a REAL button vs the lame on screen one

is this app available to all android sprint phones?

this app should also be available to Boost Mobile customers as well since they are also going lose IDEN

I wonder if this app is only for certain phones? I ask because when looking at PTT phones it only list a few....
Dubspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:52 PM   #55
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubspoon View Post

I wonder if this app is only for certain phones? I ask because when looking at PTT phones it only list a few....
It is only available on those devices according to Google play. Looking at it from my device, it indicated that my device was not supported with that version.

Sent from my EVO LTE using SprintUsers Forum
Old 03-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #56
Dubspoon
Digital PCS User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: HTC ONE (M7)
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 10,274
I tried it too Dan, didn't work. They should allow whatever Android to use this....
Dubspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #57
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: Verizon S7 Edge
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 129,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubspoon
I tried it too Dan, didn't work. They should allow whatever Android to use this....
Hopefully Sprint will open he service to all android devices, and possibly move to WP, iPhone and BB as the service becomes popular.

Now, as with everything, Sprint will likely charge extra for PTT. I might be worth it for some customers, as long as "chirp" was unlimited at that fee.

Sent from my Verizon iPad using SU forum. Yes, still a Sprint customer for my phones........
Old 07-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #58
rambo47
Idoru

Phone: iPhone 6
SU$: 21,615
Engadget has a small blurb on PRIP. Looks like PTT is going to be handled at the platform level rather than at the carrier level. $8 per month should keep the PTT fans happy too. Motorola launched it in Mexico last month and is bring it north. Android at first with an iOS version promised Real Soon Now.™

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/08/m...-push-to-talk/
rambo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #59
SirSmokesAlot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Engadget has a small blurb on PRIP. Looks like PTT is going to be handled at the platform level rather than at the carrier level. $8 per month should keep the PTT fans happy too. Motorola launched it in Mexico last month and is bring it north. Android at first with an iOS version promised Real Soon Now.™

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/08/m...-push-to-talk/
wow so Nextel (Mexico) and Motorola made a new PTT system that any android user can use..the PTT can be used to PTT with IDEN phones as well..you can use it while u roam or jump on wifi and use it..kinda sounds like what sprint has now....

kinda off subject but sprint only bought Nextel USA,right?

sprint has no ties with Nextel Mexico?

Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Other Carriers & MVNOs > Prepaid Wireless Services & PTT > Still using ptt?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: