Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 07:02 PM   #76
fierte
Two Cans & String User

Phone: HTC Touch
SU$: 45
Error 67 with PAM?

Has anyone gotten an Error 67 upon trying to connect with PAM? I was working fine until last Thursday (1/15) when Sprint supposedly had some network issues with data, and haven't been able to connect since then. I had Tech Support help me delete my connection setting, then reprovision my Vision, but I'm wondering if the part of the error message that says my user name and password might be invalid has any merit. Anyone know if that's the one on my online account login or perhaps my old username@sprintpcs.com email that went away on 12/31?
fierte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #77
jasonviper04
Telephone User

Phone: PPC 6700
SU$: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink718
Do the following:
1. Go here and download the free registry editor: http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/ceregedit_setup.exe
2. Edit the following registry entries:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Delete the "isext.dll" entry so that it should read Extension=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint PCS"

MaxCMCon=0

3. Start the Internet Sharing application and hit "connect" on bottom left.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OK I cant seem to get this to work, I deleted the "isext.dll" entry
and i changed the forcecellconnection= to "sprint" because my connection name is sprint but the last change
MaxCMCon=0
I dont have this ^
I have a [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
MaxCMConnectretries=0.
So I am a little lost here, I made the changes I could make and I dont get the 67 error any more but when I connect to my dell laptop it doesnt see a new connection and IE is asking to work offline.
Do I have to setup a new connection on my laptop?
or any ideas what wrong here??
jasonviper04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #78
Gaijin
Two Cans & String User

Phone: HTC Touch
SU$: 13
I have the HTC Touch. I followed the instructions and the first time I was able to connect to the internet via phone. The only thing i would like to add is you need to delete the older version of the registry and then add the new one below:

MaxCMCon=0

Once i did that, i had no problems connecting to the internet. I appreciate the help from the blog, without it i would be stuck. My company just established new rules regarding internet usuage on the company computers. Now i can bring my laptop to work and connect to the internet without being monitored. thanks
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #79
myles
Say no to smurphing!

Phone: TP2
SU$: 3,088
Send a message via AIM to myles
worked great thanks!

Make sure if you are using the Touch PRO that you change it to Sprint instead of Sprint PCS. You can find out exactly what you need to set that as by checking to see what yours says.

Click on Settings goto the Connections tab. Click on the Connections icon. This will bring up another screen. It should say Sprint and have
Add a new modem connection
Set up my proxy server
Manage existing connections

Click on Manage existing connections

There will be a list displayed that will say Name/Number.

Whatever the name is with the number #777. That is what you need to change it to. Like i said with Touch PRO it is just Sprint. You must have this correct or internet sharing will not work.

Sprint Mogul

PowerPack 400, 7pm N&W, Unlim Data/Text, 22% Government Discount
myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #80
m294542
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 8
Delete
m294542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #81
m294542
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsol2 View Post
Can anyone please tell me how to start the internet sharing? The "connect" option is grayed out.

I had the same problem. I am using Energy Rom and my modem connection is called DATA. So I change Sprint to DATA in the ForceCellConnection="Sprint PCS" and then the Connect button was no longer grayed out!
m294542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Sprint Touch Diamond tethering How To...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: