Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
ualdriver
Telegraph User

Phone: HTC Evo
SU$: 162
Boost Mobile vs. Sprint......opinions

Hello-

I have been a Sprint customer since my first cellphone many years ago, but I can't see paying $30 bucks a month more when just about every prepaid is offering ~$50/month plans.

I assume most of you are plan experts, and since I haven't looked in over a decade, I'd like your opinion.

If I switch from Sprint (Galaxy S2) to a Boot Mobile (I'll buy a new Galaxy S2 from Boost), am I really going to see much of a difference in service? I do travel around the country quite a bit, but I am always in major cities or their close suburbs. When I ask the Sprint reps, they give me "your service quality will be a lot worse" speech, but is it really going to change if they're using the same towers?

And if you buys think Boost isn't that great, is there a better prepaid plan and brand that is well known to be better? My only requirement is that I have a phone with a screen around the size of a Galaxy S2 and that I get decent/reasonable coverage in large and mid-size U.S. cities.

Thanks for your advice.
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
SirSmokesAlot
Formerly known as Sprintguy4ever

Phone: LG F6
SU$: 18,034
boost uses the same towers as sprint..you will get the same coverage on boost as u would on sprint..

theres no roaming on boost so traveling might be a problem.

boost has unlimited data BUT only 2.5GB at full speeds then u get throttle

sprint customers has priority over prepaid (boost mobile,virgin mobile)
meaning if ur in a area where the towers are overloaded u will have a harder time making calls and text because the sprint customers are in contracts and pay alot more than prepaid

Sprint - the best at being the worst

If I help in any way please click the THANKS button
SirSmokesAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirSmokesAlot For This Useful Post:
djinks (11-14-2012), ualdriver (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 28,074
Lower priority on towers that already give me dialup speeds, plus no roaming? No thank you.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BZap49 For This Useful Post:
ualdriver (11-08-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
SirSmokesAlot
Formerly known as Sprintguy4ever

Phone: LG F6
SU$: 18,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZap49 View Post
Lower priority on towers that already give me dialup speeds, plus no roaming? No thank you.
yup thats what i say...but if ur in a good area where data speeds aint a issue and u dont need to roam then i would say its OK

Sprint - the best at being the worst

If I help in any way please click the THANKS button
SirSmokesAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
CRZ4donuts
Telephone User

Phone: Nexus S
SU$: 667
Boost is considered the cheap poor low class service in LA along with MetroPCS. Although I think sprint is not too far behind.
Always clowning whenever a drop call hits " yo boost mobile needs an upgrade !"
CRZ4donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Other Carriers & MVNOs > Prepaid Wireless Services & PTT > Boost Mobile vs. Sprint......opinions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: