Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 08-17-2011, 12:47 AM   #16
KB112
sIgh-Phone

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 7 Plus
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 22,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
If you read the touch pro 2 can be added without any problem if you call account services.I just had another added yesterday and without a hitch.Why you feel they will make you go up a plan i have no idea but it is clear they will not if you call into account services.There was not 1 problem doing this at all.
Because this has happened to people and certain reps are under the impression they must step up a plan. If this is the issue, the caller should hang up and try another rep. The problem is, many customers don't know some of the ins/outs and what is/isn't allowed on all plans. So they just assume they must do what the rep said. I don't know if it's poor understanding of company policy, or people wanting to look good for pushing people onto newer more expensive plans. But either way, it does happen.

For example all family plans are limited to 5 lines. Reps are taught to only allow 5 lines, but the system can accept more lines. I currently have 6 lines on a Shared ED 1500 Plan. I know people have 6-7 lines on these plans, so I knew it's possible. When I called and requested this, I was met with a bit of hesitation. After talking to the rep for a short while, the 6th line was added with no issue.
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #17
kelliot
Telegraph User

SU$: 475
I'll be finding out soon what the latest is, my TP2 started losing its touch screen today. This is the third one. I'll see if I'm going on to number 4.
kelliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #18
kelliot
Telegraph User

SU$: 475
Got #4 today, the Sprint store was nice enough not to charge me the warranty fee, since it had only been 5 months since the last one died. No issues about changing plans.
kelliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #19
TechGuru
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Fine
Phone: APPLE IPHONE 6
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 7,691
Send a message via ICQ to TechGuru Send a message via AIM to TechGuru Send a message via MSN to TechGuru Send a message via Yahoo to TechGuru Send a message via Skype™ to TechGuru
As a SERO customer when I dial *2 I get "Employee Accounts" and they know their way around SERO.

You do need to call during normal M-F business hours or your call will be forwarded to the regular call center.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #20
austinite007
Telegraph User

Phone: iPhone 4S
SU$: 1,858
Nope, not true in my recent experience early this month (November 2011). My Touch Pro died and since I have TEP they replaced it with another at a sprint store. The new (refurbished) one they issued me had severe reception issues. I literally got 0-1 bars in my house when I have a solid green (5 bars) zone according to sprint's coverage maps at my home. Before I consistently got 4-5 bars inside. Basically, they gave me a refurbished lemon. It took hours of convincing them of this issue and they suddenly offered me a Touch Pro 2 as a replacement. I said, YES! When I received the Touch Pro 2 I logged into my account online and did the ESN swap and had no issues and no additional $10/month fee added to my account. I think calling sprint and having a tele rep do this for you or dealing with in store reps is like asking for trouble. I would just do it online to avoid fabricated plan issue requirements and the $10/month premium data fee.
austinite007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #21
nodozeno
Telegraph User

Phone: Palm 755p
SU$: 309
I have a F&C plan and just added a TP2 with no issues. I got mine off of Craig's list and met the seller at my local sprint store to make sure the ESN was good and it could be added to my plan with no issues. The store rep did an ESN Swap really fast/easy.
nodozeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #22
opportunityad
Walkie Talkie User

Mood: Cheerful
Phone: HTC One
My Mood: Cheerful
SU$: 2,301
I think the easiest way to avoid the $10 fee is to just swap ESN online..
opportunityad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #23
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,HM,S &TMO
SU$: 16,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by opportunityad View Post
I think the easiest way to avoid the $10 fee is to just swap ESN online..
+1 . . . and be sure to take a screen shot of each page every step of the way.
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #24
echien
Telegraph User

SU$: 196
anyone else still can get TP2 on the F&C plan?
echien is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Touch Pro 2 now required on a new/upgraded plan??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: