Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.53 average. Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #16
bossiercopssuck
Telephone User

Mood: Buzzed
Phone: Note 3
My Mood: Buzzed
SU$: 2,431
I personally have a boost berry its an 8350i with boost service books... you can find the steps on crackberry.com, but you don't even need a CSR, just go to boost mobiles website, login and you can change your ESN or IMEI right from the site, no rep required.. lol that's how i got the IMEI from my nextel 8350i on my boost account, and everything worked including app world for an unlimited $50.00... i still have the phone btw collecting dust for now until i decide to move back to the pre-paid side...

now make sure you make the change and even after you do that, some CSR's when you call in will refuse to help you because your device isn't boost branded, but hey... what they won't fix for ya, you can always find answers here!!.
Customers are the worst part of my day...
But it pays the bills, so I remain....
bossiercopssuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:54 AM   #17
AL_CAPONE_187
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Sprint Diamond
SU$: 6,407
Read my thread on Hofo that I started over a year ago.
AL_CAPONE_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:39 PM   #18
MayoPie
Telephone User

Phone: LG Rumor Touch
SU$: 2,111
Why can't Sprint just make its own prepaid service like AT&T or Verizon? That way it could allow customers to switch back and forth for plans and phones without flashing or ETF. It should be the same if its on the Sprint network!
MayoPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:33 PM   #19
valuequest
Telegraph User

SU$: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
Boost will only allow WM phones and a few blackberries. Palm Pre, all android smart phones, and alike will not be possible to place on Boost.
Does anyone know specifically what prevents Sprint handsets which are running the Android OS from being activated on Boost Mobile's system while other Sprint handsets (apparently) can?
valuequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:52 PM   #20
djinks
not an iPhone user

Mood: Amused
Phone: Touch Diamond
Trades: 3
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 9,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
Not possible.

I have put a few Sprint phones on Boost before. Like stated above you don't need to flash Boost firmware. Boost will only allow WM phones and a few blackberries. Palm Pre, all android smart phones, and alike will not be possible to place on Boost. Even to get the WM and Balckberries on Boost you will need the right rep.
I have sold several android phones (EVO and Epic) to a Boost store, so I would say there is a very good chance that they know how to put them on the system.
djinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #21
KB112
sIgh-Phone

Mood: Breezy
Phone: iPhone 7 Plus
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 22,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by valuequest View Post
Does anyone know specifically what prevents Sprint handsets which are running the Android OS from being activated on Boost Mobile's system while other Sprint handsets (apparently) can?
It can be done and is done. It's just more of an issue getting the data and MMS worked out. All the proper values have to be re-written internally and replaced with proper Boost values. Otherwise you only get 1x speeds and no MMS services. There are threads with info on how to do it, on many of the phone hacking forums.
KB112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:32 AM   #22
SprintIsUC
Telephone User

SU$: 1,347
In order to have a sprint phone on boost or virgin you have to flash the phone and from my understanding it's a difficult tricky process.
SprintIsUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #23
KayFoley
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 19
Sprint phone on Boost?

I am NOT tech savvy at all and I have no idea what some of these posts are saying! However, I do have an AWESOME phone from about 5 years ago... it is a Motorolla that says both Nextel and Sprint on it. When I asked the Boost people (because usually Motorolla is a sure thing) they said you can't can't can't put a Sprint phone on Boost.
One of these guys said you can if you talk to a good rep, somebody else said you can pay somebody $80 (!!!) to switch it over. I like the phone, but not THAT much. If it were cheap or free, I would be all over it.
Also, many of these posts are from 2011... can anyone offer any advice to me? Is it a lost cause, or should I keep sporadically calling the Boost people & hoping they allow it?
Please respond!!
Thanks
KayFoley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #24
Dubspoon
Digital PCS User

Mood: Breezy
Phone: HTC ONE (M7)
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 10,274
So my Instinct HD, Motorola Renegade or EVO LTE won't get love on Boost....
Dubspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #25
bigjohn
Cordless Phone User

Mood: Mellow
My Mood: Mellow
SU$: 1,442
nextel phones use IDEN so probably not those, but the CDMA phones can be in many cases. Check out xda-developers.com and see, in the forum for your phone, if anyone has done it.... that's all I can suggest.
bigjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #26
boyo01
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 39
Yup
boyo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Other Carriers & MVNOs > Prepaid Wireless Services & PTT > Is it possible to activate a Sprint CDMA Phone on Boost?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: