Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 07-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Bohemian Iconoclast
Project Coordinator

Phone: Virgin PayLo
SU$: 9,709
Kyocera S2100 Luno (Virgin Mobile)

Went with Virgin Mobile last year and haven't looked back.

People are paying $40 a month to MetroPCS when they wouldn't touch any of the limits on a $30 VM plan...1500 min./1500 txt/30MB...or do an iPhone 4S for $35, unlimited data & txt (with Sprint service...bye bye dropped calls while in strong service).

People wonder why I don't have a smartphone with my $30 Kyocera S2100 Luno (1) that I got last June (2).

They aren't impressed that it includes a camera, Bluetooth, external display, and voice command, but when I mention all I can do without needing to pay a lot for a phone, they get quiet. Comes loaded with Opera Mini for viewing regular web pages with Opera's proxy server, but it's the GPS (Google Maps app pre-installed) that changes attitudes. Also has an Email/IM app that covers Gmail's IM, AIM, Windows Live, and Yahoo IM, as well as IMAP/POP3 mail...kill the app and the IM keeps working... (3)

After a year, the "9" key is fritzing. Never had that happen with a phone before, and I had my Sanyo 5300 for five years. Still, based on the paragraph above, plus the fact it is better overall than any MetroPCS phone I have ever seen (construction, as well as unrestricted native browser AND Opera Mini), I would recommend the phone...for $120 a year less I pay for service, if nothing else... (4)

As for what phone I would want to own next, the $35 smartphone plan is attractive, but without using Skype, 400 min. is a little thin. If I went that way, I would go with an HTC EVO V 4G. (5)

Profit margin is too thin to consider selling VM unless you have strong traffic flow for something else that pays the bills. As a customer, though, I only have small quibbles, especially when compared with the competition.

Will post on rare occasions...

But Eisenhower’s least heeded warning — concerning the spiritual effects of permanent preparations for war — is more important now than ever.

Last edited by Bohemian Iconoclast; 07-13-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Bohemian Iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Phone Reviews > Kyocera S2100 Luno