Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 05-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #46
dirty_sanchez
Cordless Phone User

Phone: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Trades: 2
SU$: 7,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti RX-8 View Post
I've never swapped or replaced batteries either. But I have pulled my battery - many times - to make sure it does a hard boot. Sometimes a soft reboot just doesn't fix certain problems. Even Sprint tech support will tell you to pull the battery.

How do you do a battery pull on a phone that doesn't have a removable battery?
The iPhone 4S doesn't have a removable battery but I believe you can do a hard reset by holding down the volume button and home button and holding for 5 seconds. Or something like that. So I'd expect the EVO 4G LTE to have a similar feature.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #47
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Mood: Twisted
Phone: AT&T NOTE3
My Mood: Twisted
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Euphorian
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez
I gotta admit I'm disappointed by the GSIII. I've been sitting on an upgrade for a few months now. MY aging Optimus S is flaking out a bit recently. I had it set in my mind that the GSIII would be my next phone. But after seeing it I reall wonder if it's worth the wait over the Evo 4G LTE? Considering the Evo 4G LTE will be available this month is it really worth waiting for a phone with similar overall specs that may not even be available on Sprint till September? Yes it has a removable battery....don't an issue to me at all. I've never replaced a phone battery. And considering the Evo 4G display has been raved about in every review I read and the GSIII uses pentile I just don't see it being worth the wait. If I'm going to wait until September I might as well hold out to see what the iPhone 5 will be like. I'm not an iphone fan but if it brings some new cool things to the table I'd consider it.

I guess in the end it comes down to how much better is the GSIII over the Evo (OneX) and is it worth waiting what could be 3-4 months. From what I've seen it just dones't seem to be a big enough improvement to warrrant the wait.
You still will be limited and have to go thru a lot of extra steps that aren't necessary.
Are you sure that's what you want?

I don't understand why anyone would want a device that creates un needed steps to get the same exact product!

Its like taking the stairs when an elevator is available!?!?

It's Prime Time in the SprintUsers Forum!
Euphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #48
killerz298
Telephone User

Phone: White Galaxy S4
SU$: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez View Post
I gotta admit I'm disappointed by the GSIII. I've been sitting on an upgrade for a few months now. MY aging Optimus S is flaking out a bit recently. I had it set in my mind that the GSIII would be my next phone. But after seeing it I reall wonder if it's worth the wait over the Evo 4G LTE? Considering the Evo 4G LTE will be available this month is it really worth waiting for a phone with similar overall specs that may not even be available on Sprint till September? Yes it has a removable battery....don't an issue to me at all. I've never replaced a phone battery. And considering the Evo 4G display has been raved about in every review I read and the GSIII uses pentile I just don't see it being worth the wait. If I'm going to wait until September I might as well hold out to see what the iPhone 5 will be like. I'm not an iphone fan but if it brings some new cool things to the table I'd consider it.

I guess in the end it comes down to how much better is the GSIII over the Evo (OneX) and is it worth waiting what could be 3-4 months. From what I've seen it just dones't seem to be a big enough improvement to warrrant the wait.
Or wait for the iphone 5... I am in the same boat as you. All I know is I want SOMETHING!
killerz298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #49
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298
Or wait for the iphone 5... I am in the same boat as you. All I know is I want SOMETHING!
Lol yea!
I always was a cellphone fanatic.
Before Android I would buy 2-3 cellphones a year.

I definitively have that itch!

I wish they would give a release date for the SG3 on Sprint!

Old 05-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #50
slick69

Phone: Tbolt/MoPho
SU$: 10,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti RX-8 View Post
I've never swapped or replaced batteries either. But I have pulled my battery - many times - to make sure it does a hard boot. Sometimes a soft reboot just doesn't fix certain problems. Even Sprint tech support will tell you to pull the battery.

How do you do a battery pull on a phone that doesn't have a removable battery?
On all recent HTC phones, you hold down the Vol + and Vol - buttons and hold down power. It works on my Sensation, Thunderbolt and I believe EVO as well. The same thing works on any HTC phone with a non-removable battery.
slick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:40 AM   #51
slick69

Phone: Tbolt/MoPho
SU$: 10,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphorian View Post
You still will be limited and have to go thru a lot of extra steps that aren't necessary.

I don't understand why anyone would want a device that creates un needed steps to get the same exact product!

Its like taking the stairs when an elevator is available!?!?

How does the HTC One X "create un needed steps to get the same exact product!" compared to the SGS3? What "product" are we talking about?
slick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #52
cruiserandmax
Cordless Phone User

Phone: Epic Touch 4G
SU$: 4,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphorian View Post

What are you talking about?
cruiserandmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #53
grrmisfit
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 594
until US specs are released for the US it will be a sub standard phone based on its current specs, when compared to current US phones being released
grrmisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #54
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick69

How does the HTC One X "create un needed steps to get the same exact product!" compared to the SGS3? What "product" are we talking about?
If you re read ....
He does say that he might buy an iphone

Why hang on my every word ?

Old 05-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #55
variablebinary
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Lurking
Phone: iPhone 5S AT&T
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 12,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrmisfit
until US specs are released for the US it will be a sub standard phone based on its current specs, when compared to current US phones being released
I would expect the US spec model to be the same other than a possible shift to a Qualcomm chip for the sake of LTE.

Though, that isn't the part that is concerning to me personally. It's the pentile Galaxy Nexus screen. The overly blue tint and blocky jaggedness to text is just not worthy of being in a flagship device in 2012.

Compared to the Super LCD One X screen, pentile is such a low rent solution.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SU Forum app
Sprint Touchpoint, Kyocera KWC 2235 (Verizon), Samsung N400, Samsung A920, Palm Centro, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Hero, Samsung Nexus S, Galaxy SII E4GT, Galaxy SII (AT&T), iPhone 4S (AT&T), iPhone 5 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T), iPhone 5S (AT&T)

Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
variablebinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #56
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by variablebinary

I would expect the US spec model to be the same other than a possible shift to a Qualcomm chip for the sake of LTE.

Though, that isn't the part that is concerning to me personally. It's the pentile Galaxy Nexus screen. The overly blue tint and blocky jaggedness to text is just not worthy of being in a flagship device in 2012.

Are you buying an Android phone?

Sent from a Galaxy Tab 10.1 from far far away!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #57
david_ag
Technologically advanced

Phone: Soon HTC 1X
SU$: 3,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post

Very TRUE.

Last edited by david_ag; 05-06-2012 at 09:20 AM.
david_ag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #58
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_ag

Very TRUE.
I disagree
The Asus Prime has a resolution of 1280x800 and is beautiful!

The GS3 has 1280x720 ! It is also a smaller screen!
There is no way you'd be able to see any jagged-ness in the screen at that resolution!
Are you really going to put the screen under a microscope?

The iphone 4s only has a resolution 960x640 and it was released under a year ago.
Why wasn't the resolution higher than what was in 2011?

With lower resolution in the Iphone 4S you are saying then- that text on that screen is jagged
also and even worse!

Last edited by Euphorian; 05-06-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #59
heavyd
Like A Boss!

Mood: Goofy
Phone: Sammy SG3
Trades: 20
My Mood: Goofy
SU$: 37,199
Do you get paid by the exclamation point?
Old 05-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #60
ctrev21
Telegraph User

SU$: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbakergobuck
x2...

Sammy haters keep on hatin. I really wanted to try something different unlike some of you but man the GS3 is so damn SeXy...

I've had two ET4G's just because I bricked one and never had any build issues. I had dust with my Evo and my 3V0 3D switch felt like it was going to fall off. My point is the build quality on the GS3 will be fine just like the ET4G.
I have the EVO 3d which replaced the original EVO after the update screwed it all up. The 3d is no better to me. My contract expires in June and right now it's all about the waiting game to see if Sprint gets the SIII and /or Note first then go from there. Not jumping this time. Will see what happens with both before I upgrade.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: