Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #1
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Mood: Twisted
Phone: AT&T NOTE3
My Mood: Twisted
SU$: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to Euphorian
Android is dead ! wait a minute....

I don't know if you've noticed, but the latest trend around the Web seems to be proclaiming the pending death of Android. I'm sure you've seen some of the stuff floating around out there:

The platform has plateaued! Apple's iPhone is going to be the only thing anyone buys anymore! The end of Android is near! Start your mourning!

Hang on a sec, though: Before you break out your finest funeral trousers, you might want to see some new figures released about the actual state of the mobile market. You know, information based on legitimate, reputable data.

ComScore, an analytics firm that tracks tech trends around the world, has just published its latest measurements of the U.S. smartphone market. In the first quarter of 2012, ComScore found that Android's share of the market shot up by 3.7 percentage points, growing from 47.3 percent to a full 51 percent. That's right: More than half of all smartphones in America are now running Android, according to ComScore's data.

Apple, in the same time span, grew as well -- just not nearly as much. The number of iOS-running smartphones increased by 1.1 percentage points from the fourth quarter of 2011 to the first quarter of 2012, ComScore says, moving from 29.6 percent to 30.7 percent of the U.S. smartphone market.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/20108..._wait_a_minute

It's Prime Time in the SprintUsers Forum!
Euphorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 27,935
Yeah, I'm not sure how this rumor got started, but whoever started it should be slapped silly. If anything has plateaued, it's iOS, and I don't even think that's true.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZap49
Yeah, I'm not sure how this rumor got started, but whoever started it should be slapped silly. If anything has plateaued, it's iOS, and I don't even think that's true.
I agree

Old 05-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
damu7411
Telegraph User

SU$: 34
Three major carriers carry the iPhone but Google still doing better with a wide selection of course but if everybody wanted a iPhone by now they would have one I had the first 3 iPhones got tired of the same boring look of the OS now I got a nexus and I'm never looking back
damu7411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:59 AM   #5
Forever92
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Samsung Note
SU$: 2,209
It baffles me how analysis say CrA... erm Apple is doomed because their products are really inferior and it's the same crap just tweaked every 6 mo. Yet they keep posting record revenue or some other bs... It's a great example of how much the sheep are willing to throw away their perfectly good old "ultimate" POS just to get the newest one. They really could sell a brick if they wanted...

Android is just so much more useful all around yet I'm forced to hear... But it's not Apple...

Old 05-03-2012, 07:28 PM   #6
grrmisfit
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: HTC EVO
SU$: 594
love my droid but this article has a point

http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/02/win...me-nor-spirit/
grrmisfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
Euphorian
Account Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrmisfit
love my droid but this article has a point

http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/02/win...me-nor-spirit/
And one of the last sentences in that article is...

All Android needs to do is come up with a phone that is most appealing to the US !

Last year it was the GS2 winning the race!
Now this year with the GS3 winning the race!

Apple better do something! And quick!

Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > Android is dead ! wait a minute....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: