Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 05-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
th3taman
All Men Must Die!

Mood: Amused
Phone: LG G3
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 111,860
Interesting Article on HTC's Unlock Process (Not Really Unlocked)

Here is an interesting article about HTC's unlock process of a phone, where you think you are gaining access to do things like remove bloatware apps, flash custom recoveries so you can flash kernels, ROMs, and mods.

http://rootzwiki.com/news/_/articles...ones-back-r709

Key thing I read...
You cannot remove the bloat from your phone, you cannot replace the recovery and you sure cannot replace the boot image while booted in Android/Sense.

And another good point...
An excellent point, and most of you will probably agree with his bomb of logic. At the end of the day, he is right; the unlock method is crap and we find it more of a hinderance and crippling intent rather than a compliance to the developer community who has made them the number one development device for so long. Recently Samsung has taken the torch and led its dedicated developers with fulfilled promises and standards.

Moral of the story, if you really want to unlock your Android HTC device so you can flash ROMs/kernels, and more. Or even remove bloatware apps...I wouldn't use HTC's method.

Or maybe consider Samsung in the future?

***NEW cloud storage COPY. Click
HERE to get 5GB and an additional 5GB for you and me when signing up and installing Copy app. DO IT NOW!
Click HERE for a DROPBOX account; get you and me more space!
th3taman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
Bam
Walkie Talkie User

SU$: 2,813
You void the warranty anyway using HTC's own method, you might as well use another root method and get actual full use of your phone.
Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Android (Google) Based Phones > HTC > Interesting Article on HTC's Unlock Process (Not Really Unlocked)

Tags
htc, roms, root, s-off, unlock

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: