Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 04-30-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
menmygn3
Galaxy Note 3! Oh Yeah!

Mood: Fine
Phone: I Don't KNOW!
Trades: 14
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 11,832
Epic Touch 4G (GSII)

My Samsung Epic Touch 4G (Galaxy SII) Review

Let me start with my Sprint phone experience so you know where I am coming from! I have owned EVERY phone Sprint has EVER sold. Minus the LTE 4G phones of course.

My history goes all the way back to the Qualcomm 1960 until now. If Sprint sold it, I had it at one time or another.

I use my phone for everything, and I use it a lot!

So I think my review of the ET4G is an informed one. Hope you do too. Itís short and sweet, but should give you, the reader, a pretty good idea of what I think of it.

PROS:

First on my list is the size of the phone. I LOVE the size. While the screen size is 4.5 inches, the phone overall seems smaller and is much lighter than my 4.3 inch Evo 3D. Now we are only talking grams and millimeters here, but it feels like pounds and inches! I very much enjoyed my EVO 3D, but the ET4G beats it hands down.

Second on my list is POWER. I am talking battery life, speed of use, apps & programs. This phone does it all. The battery lasts all day and sometimes 2 days. Except for the Iphone, no other phone has kept the battery available for use as long as the Epic Touch.

Third on my list is the SCREEN. LOVE the screen. The size, colors and appearance is amazing. I will give the Iphone props for its screen, but this 4.5 inch screen is easy to see and easy to use. Simply one of the best screens I have seen.

CONS:

My only con on this phone is the GPS. Not the first to mention, nor the last. This is the only weak spot I have been able to find for this phone. I would be MUCH more upset if I had to depend on it (car has OnStar Navigation). I can still use the maps as long as I have 3g/4g service, but if I am out in the middle of nowhere (like I was on Sunday) itís useless.

Since itís a Wimax phone, I will keep it until the LTE is available in my area. I sure hope the GSIII is as good or better than this phone. If so, Sprint will have a customer for awhile to come!

Enjoy.
menmygn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to menmygn3 For This Useful Post:
ccchhhrrriiisss (05-01-2012), cowgirl05 (07-08-2012)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Sprint Discussion > Phone Reviews > Epic Touch 4G (GSII)