Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #31
msu94
Telegraph User

Phone: Touch Pro 2
SU$: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccchhhrrriiisss View Post
Wow! That is EXACTLY what happened to my Touch Pro 2!

I had gone to a observatory atop Mt. Hamilton -- far from a Sprint signal. I noticed that something was wrong when I returned to civilization that night. It was sluggish. When I arrived home, I attempted the soft reboot...and this was when I noticed the Hands Free Activation error.

I am going to give this page to the Executive Services individual when they call back. They are supposed to call today and check on my phone/situation.

It would be a good thing to know in the future.

And its exactly what happened to my phone too. Mine did it several times, first time was turning it on in an airplane to try to take some pics, then in within two days, it was back to normal. It did the hands free activation loop reboot,

Then during Christmas, I was in a warehouse building for a party, and lost all coverage, and again it happened, with the sluggish part but none of the handsfree loop Within 2 days, it was back to working.

During March, I went drove up the mountain over Boise to go skiing, and it happened again. However this time, it would not come out at all and i waited over a week, and it was still little more than a paperweight, being completely unusable at times. I went online with Sprint, and did manage to get a new phone out of it via Assurion with the deductable credited back. During the chat, she tried to walk me through different steps, but it was impossible by how the phone was often not even working.

I think somewhere in Sprint, they are probably aware about this issue, since that webpage I had previously posted and was posted in this thread by kb112, mentioned that fix being done with Sprint. I think it is a major flaw in the TP2 and its like a ticking time bomb. If you travel in and out of areas of marginal/no coverage, its a matter of time before it happens.
msu94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:11 AM   #32
melissalb
Waiting for La Nina!

Mood: Fine
Phone: EVO 3D
My Mood: Fine
SU$: 2,467
I hate my TP2! I can't put any apps on it or I get the sod. I have had to hard reset it everytime and start from scratch. I'm holding out for the Evo 3D but am worried about whether I can deal with no keyboard!
melissalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:11 AM   #33
zimbillo
Telegraph User

SU$: 53
I experienced the SOD consistently for a week. I ended up changing the power settings to leave the phone and screen turned on at all times. I could get through the day by plugging it in whenever I sat down. Eventually it started SODing less frequently and now not at all. Of course I don't trust it anymore.
zimbillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:13 AM   #34
zimbillo
Telegraph User

I'm waiting for the EVO 3D as well but am thinking about the HTC Arrive. The keyboard is hard to give up.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #35
zimbillo
Telegraph User

Sorry for the multi post, trying to get to 10 to PM and get my Premier upgrade back since I figure my SOD will come back. Hope fellow people experience SOD will understand...
Old 04-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #36
msu94
Telegraph User

Phone: Touch Pro 2
SU$: 576
And now the wonderful Hands Free Activation Loop has appeared on this phone, turning it into a useless paperweight. I got this phone as a warranty replacement for the other phone that went completely useless from the same thing.

Went into an area with spotty coverage, and so of course it started doing that, and now its so locked up, and totally unusuable. And Sprint has been aware of this known flaw in this phone for a long time, but never has actually done anything about it.
msu94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > My TP2 is suddenly malfunctioning...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: