Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 04-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
ChilinMichael
Telegraph User

Mood: Amused
Phone: HTC Evo 3D
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 867
Vision upgrade my you know what...

So,

I'll try to keep this short as possible so people don't get bored reading. Basically I had an Epic before getting my HTC Evo 3D in January(ish). Everything complained about in the Epic, I had. The latest Android update broke the GPS basically because it was "energy efficient" by only locking 3-4 sats at max. Yeah, great, GPS works for 10 minutes and stops. I complain about that, the physical kb issues, you name it. Get the EVO3D basically free, and then some. Month later (February) I notice the slow data speed, random (seldom) missed incoming calls are not the Epic's issue, but the sprint tower. I get on the phone with tech support, and after complaints they start to look into it. For a month I literally get (no joke) 4 calls a day from Sprint asking for ##phone to be done, (if I'm remembering it right) for RX power, RX Signal and Pilot PN to be given to them. They admit to me a tower 1 mile from me was taken down in light of the fact that the one 1.7 miles away and 2.1 miles away were getting vision upgrades, but the March 5th date eventually passed to no avail. I got a call last week, it's now June 22nd (but not assured). I say that doesn't help, turn on the tower a mile away which they can't oblige. I got a small bill credit, but even now sometimes I get errors with text messages. I have about 3-4 bars of signal, 300kb/s down speed and sometimes a vm pops and there's no registered missed or incoming call. I asked them "what are you giving me over a $50/mon prepay plan at this point? Other than the fancy phone I bought, nothing. I'm using my wifi and missing calls and getting texts screwed up, as far as I'm concerned you are not holding up your end of the contract, and until the tower is upgraded to handle my phone and the area correctly, I should not have to pay $91/mon after taxes, that's for damn sure. She understood after my heavy rant of years of issues with them, mainly regarding phones. The 6 Palm Pre's I had, the Samsung Instinct, the Samsung Moment which had CDMA lockup they openly denied in store when I did it right infront of them, and the engineer wouldn't even go on google and find it's an issue and outright said I'm lying to my face, goes on and on. Now, I finally get a worthwhile phone, and the service goes to hell. Oh, and I even had them create an e-ticket so I could go in store and test the EVO 3D (it passed perfectly, as I knew it would). I also complained about the 4G Wimax being dropped for LTE screwing countless customers, including me. They had no retort, a supervisor should be calling in 24 hours to discount me until they resolve the issue, as they damn better well. Sprint needs to get their act together. All this because they decided taking down 1 tower before making the other upgraded to compensate it the best thing....all to save themselves money. I even told her that, and that it's not gonna happen on my dime...cause if they are saving then so should I.
ChilinMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
heavyd
Like A Boss!

Mood: Goofy
Phone: Sammy SG3
Trades: 20
My Mood: Goofy
SU$: 37,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilinMichael
So,

I'll try to keep this short as possible so people don't get bored reading.
zzzzz...........
Old 04-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
Duffman
Eh.

Mood: onvacation
My Mood: onvacation
SU$: 29,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyd View Post
zzzzz...........
Not short enough...
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.” I just WORK for Sprint. In no way does Duffman represent them!
Duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
Bibbin
Cellular Phone User

Phone: ATT,MPCS,S &TMO
SU$: 14,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
So,

I'll try to keep this short as possible so people don't get bored reading. Basically I had an Epic before getting my HTC Evo 3D in January(ish). Everything complained about in the Epic, I had. The latest Android update broke the GPS basically because it was "energy efficient" by only locking 3-4 sats at max. Yeah, great, GPS works for 10 minutes and stops. I complain about that, the physical kb issues, you name it. Get the EVO3D basically free, and then some. Month later (February) I notice the slow data speed, random (seldom) missed incoming calls are not the Epic's issue, but the sprint tower. I get on the phone with tech support, and after complaints they start to look into it. For a month I literally get (no joke) 4 calls a day from Sprint asking for ##phone to be done, (if I'm remembering it right) for RX power, RX Signal and Pilot PN to be given to them. They admit to me a tower 1 mile from me was taken down in light of the fact that the one 1.7 miles away and 2.1 miles away were getting vision upgrades, but the March 5th date eventually passed to no avail. I got a call last week, it's now June 22nd (but not assured). I say that doesn't help, turn on the tower a mile away which they can't oblige. I got a small bill credit, but even now sometimes I get errors with text messages. I have about 3-4 bars of signal, 300kb/s down speed and sometimes a vm pops and there's no registered missed or incoming call. I asked them "what are you giving me over a $50/mon prepay plan at this point? Other than the fancy phone I bought, nothing. I'm using my wifi and missing calls and getting texts screwed up, as far as I'm concerned you are not holding up your end of the contract, and until the tower is upgraded to handle my phone and the area correctly, I should not have to pay $91/mon after taxes, that's for damn sure. She understood after my heavy rant of years of issues with them, mainly regarding phones. The 6 Palm Pre's I had, the Samsung Instinct, the Samsung Moment which had CDMA lockup they openly denied in store when I did it right infront of them, and the engineer wouldn't even go on google and find it's an issue and outright said I'm lying to my face, goes on and on. Now, I finally get a worthwhile phone, and the service goes to hell. Oh, and I even had them create an e-ticket so I could go in store and test the EVO 3D (it passed perfectly, as I knew it would). I also complained about the 4G Wimax being dropped for LTE screwing countless customers, including me. They had no retort, a supervisor should be calling in 24 hours to discount me until they resolve the issue, as they damn better well. Sprint needs to get their act together. All this because they decided taking down 1 tower before making the other upgraded to compensate it the best thing....all to save themselves money. I even told her that, and that it's not gonna happen on my dime...cause if they are saving then so should I.
You have my empathy. Sometimes it helps just to let it all out.
Bibbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:59 PM   #5
SprintIsUC
Telephone User

SU$: 1,347
sprint is just like a virgin mobile only exception is that little 3-4 mb speed when you visit Los Angeles , Ontario, Carson , & most populated areas.
SprintIsUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #6
ChilinMichael
Telegraph User

Mood: Amused
Phone: HTC Evo 3D
My Mood: Amused
SU$: 867
Yeah and of course this is the 2nd Supervisor that would have her supervisor "call me back" which did not happen. Guess I'll have to call them up again today. If you think my rant here is boring, imagine having to explain this every time you call up and go through idiots asking "sir did you update your phone".
ChilinMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > General > Rants, Debates, & Farewells - All Carriers > Vision upgrade my you know what...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: