Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #16
helix39
Telegraph User

SU$: 443
WinMo

I can understand your losing out on the shield, but I think you can get a replacement, just make the case for a defect.

I'd also recommend taking your phone to a sprint store & have a tech look at it and do diagnostics.

If you're afraid of getting stuck with a faulty replacement, then just get a different phone.

I don't think it's sw, because I have about 30 apps loaded on mine, some of which replace the stuff in the WM system. Grant you, WM 6.5 leaves a lot to be desired (that's why I have SPB Shell), but I suspect you have a HW prob.

Also, do a hard reset, like someone else said, if you haven't done so. I doubt Samsung tech support will be able to give you any new advice, aside from taking it to the Sprint store to have it diagnosed by a tech.

At any rate, better decide on a course of action quick, because your 30 days are coming to an end, and you want to have enough time to try out your new or replacement phone, if that's necessary.

Last edited by helix39; 06-08-2010 at 07:27 PM.
helix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to helix39 For This Useful Post:
Maximaboy1 (06-13-2010)
Old 06-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #17
Maximaboy1
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: HTC Touch Pro 2
SU$: 2,793
I've actually had the phone since December 2009, so my 30 days are long-gong and I have already done a hard-reset as of a few weeks ago. As an update, I no longer have any problems..ever since I removed Facebook and Shazam...it may be temporal coincidence, but I no longer have the random shut-off/sleep of death that I was having/TP2 users are having with their 6.5 update. At any rate, I'm somewhat happy with my phone at this point since it's at least continuously functioning.

For any techs out there, what would you do with my phone if I had come into the store? I'm just curious if it's possible to "diagnose" these problems to begin with...
Maximaboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #18
rhilway
Two Cans & String User

SU$: 8
Samsung Intrepid- junk garbage frozen locked

Agree with all the prior complaints above, but do not expect sprint to take any responsibility
THEY DO NOT VALUE THEIR CUSTOMERS, that is why they are losing them at a record pace. Samsung needs to take responsibility also, since they usually make fairly good products but have a lemon on their hands.

VOTE with your dollars and switch carriers, until sprint wakes up.

Last edited by rhilway; 04-04-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: replied to wrong post
rhilway is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back SprintUsers.com > Devices > Windows Phone > Windows Mobile (6.x and earlier) > Samsung Intrepid Problems

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: