Join 200,000+ other SprintUsers for free at the #1 online community for Sprint cell phone customers! Win cool prizes in our weekly contests. Talk about the newest phones or post your question in our forums! Become a premium member and get unlimited Focus Uploads to your Sprint phone.

All visitors must register before they can post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 127,000 threads and 1.7 million posts. So what are you waiting for? Register for free today!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:26 AM   #16
SLME
AT&T and Happy!

Mood: Breezy
Phone: AT&T LG G2
Trades: 11
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 56,946
This **** is getting national attention NOW!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/thousan...003148077.html

> The "old" VA Watchdog Site has Returned. http://www.vawatchdog.org/
> Ebenefits has a mobile site now at http://m.ebenefits.va.gov
> To read the Stars and Stripes on Military News. http://www.stripes.com/
SLME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:34 AM   #17
Dan
Forever my Angel

Mood: Relaxed
Phone: HTC ONE
Trades: 1
My Mood: Relaxed
SU$: 128,899
And yet this is becoming a story for those with huge race issues to spout their bigoted viewpoints.

I have seen postings on roadrunner with people thanking Zimmerman, deciding the kid was a peeping tom and deserved to be killed, etc.

Its sad that in 2012 we have so many people with such strong racist beliefs that can actually turn on a computer and post. They probably can't do simple math, but they can sure spout off their 1800's viewpoints.

Thankfully no one has posted such crap on here. I'm glad to see people, that may disagree strongly on many political things, all posting a similar viewpoint about this case.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #18
Forever92
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Samsung Note
SU$: 2,209
SLME (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 12:49 AM   #19
Subie77
Sprint Chic

Mood: Psychedelic
Phone: Droid Charge
My Mood: Psychedelic
SU$: 1,128
The authors of the law Stand Your Ground dont even try to protect Zimmerman's actions. They say it stopped applying to Zimmerman's situation when he followed the kid.

The information, opinions, or help provided is not condoned or provided by Sprint/Nextel in any way, shape, or form and the statments made on this public forum do not represent Sprint/Nextel; only myself.
Subie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #20
SLME
AT&T and Happy!

Mood: Breezy
Phone: AT&T LG G2
Trades: 11
My Mood: Breezy
SU$: 56,946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
That was great.

Thanks..
> The "old" VA Watchdog Site has Returned. http://www.vawatchdog.org/
> Ebenefits has a mobile site now at http://m.ebenefits.va.gov
> To read the Stars and Stripes on Military News. http://www.stripes.com/
SLME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #21
Forever92
Walkie Talkie User

Phone: Samsung Note
SU$: 2,209
No prob. It's what came to mind the on the first sentence of the first article I read.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #22
mrvid
Steltronic

Phone: Epic Touch!
Trades: 12
SU$: 1,240
Send a message via Skype™ to mrvid
Seems the full truth is coming out now! The kid was beating the the other person up! He had every right to shoot him!! It don't matter black, white, Hispanic, skinny, fat, old, young, male or female! If someone is endangering your life or someone elses, you have the right to protect yourself by any means you can!
mrvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #23
Diana Prince
Half Woman, Half Amazing

Mood: Lurking
Phone: iPhone 5
Trades: 7
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 16,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvid View Post
Seems the full truth is coming out now! The kid was beating the the other person up! He had every right to shoot him!! It don't matter black, white, Hispanic, skinny, fat, old, young, male or female! If someone is endangering your life or someone elses, you have the right to protect yourself by any means you can!
Firstly, you sound WAY TOO EXCITED and HOPEFUL this is true which seems suspicious to me.

Not one witness can corroborate that Trayvon threw the first punch. And yes, if you're in a fight you have a right to defend yourself. You do not, however, have a right to go pick a fight so that you can ultimately use self defense as an excuse for killing an unarmed teen. At this point no one can substantiate how the fight began and of course, Trayvon is dead so we don't get to hear his side.

Have you ever been followed? I have and it's an eerie feeling. Trayvon was on the phone with his girlfriend and told her that he was being followed. Some people run. But I can imagine that some people might turn around and ask "what is your friggin' problem". What happened here is EXACTLY why the 911 operator asked him not to follow this young man.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #24
SprintIsUC
Telephone User

SU$: 1,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Prince

Firstly, you sound WAY TOO EXCITED and HOPEFUL this is true which seems suspicious to me.

Not one witness can corroborate that Trayvon threw the first punch. And yes, if you're in a fight you have a right to defend yourself. You do not, however, have a right to go pick a fight so that you can ultimately use self defense as an excuse for killing an unarmed teen. At this point no one can substantiate how the fight began and of course, Trayvon is dead so we don't get to hear his side.

Have you ever been followed? I have and it's an eerie feeling. Trayvon was on the phone with his girlfriend and told her that he was being followed. Some people run. But I can imagine that some people might turn around and ask "what is your friggin' problem". What happened here is EXACTLY why the 911 operator asked him not to follow this young man.
Where is the proof. The child had a bag of skittles in his hand! The man that killed him should have stayed in his car I hope he gets the chair
SprintIsUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #25
mrvid
Steltronic

Phone: Epic Touch!
Trades: 12
SU$: 1,240
Send a message via Skype™ to mrvid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post

I'm not WAY TO EXCITED! The teen was armed with his fists and his willingness to use them to fight!
mrvid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #26
variablebinary
Cellular Phone User

Mood: Lurking
Phone: iPhone 5S AT&T
My Mood: Lurking
SU$: 12,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvid

I'm not WAY TO EXCITED! The teen was armed with his fists and his willingness to use them to fight!
What would you want your kids to do if some strange fat man was following them in an SUV, then chasing them, then pushing them.

And Trayvon was on the phone with his GF, so no he did not jump out the shadows like a Ninja and sneak attack Zimmerman.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SU Forum app
Sprint Touchpoint, Kyocera KWC 2235 (Verizon), Samsung N400, Samsung A920, Palm Centro, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Hero, Samsung Nexus S, Galaxy SII E4GT, Galaxy SII (AT&T), iPhone 4S (AT&T), iPhone 5 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S4 (AT&T), iPhone 5S (AT&T)

Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
variablebinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #27
DJRider
Former SU Mod Grampus Misfire

Mood: Pensive
Trades: 8
My Mood: Pensive
SU$: 101,869
Zimmerman was told by the police to stand down and stop following the kid on the 911 tapes. He didn't. This is what happens with people in neighborhood watch programs that think they are the police. He crossed the line as far as I am concerned and an innocent kid is gone now.

If the local authorities don't do the right think here I sure hope the Feds get involved and I think they will. I have no doubt in my mind as to what went down here.

Sent from my super slim ET4G, using SprintUsers Forum

Last edited by DJRider; 03-27-2012 at 09:27 AM.
DJRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #28
BZap49
Cellular Phone User

SU$: 27,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post

Agreed. Zimmerman started the whole thing by following the kid despite being told not to. It's his fault, and he should be thrown in jail for it.
BZap49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #29
SprintIsUC
Telephone User

SU$: 1,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvid

wow! , your really going to compare a gun to a fist? Does that even sound fair! I can guarantee to you that is not a fair fight!
SprintIsUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #30
horsehaulin
Cordless Phone User

SU$: 2,917
There is a few parts of this story some of you are missing. There is a witness that corroborates that Zimmerman was the one screaming for help, Trayvon was on top of him beating him. Zimmerman had a broken nose and several cuts on his hands and not the knuckles, something that's consistent with defensive wounds. The witness is the owner of the house where Trayvon was shot in a gated community where Trayvon did not live.

The news agencies have spun this story too far from the truth. I hope the truth comes out and if Zimmerman was acting in self defense, as the witness stated he was in a sworn statement, the news agencies are sued. I believe someone in the White House needs to apologize for not getting the whole truth before opening their flappers.

Sent from my iPhone using SU Forum
Daughters: Samsung Replenish
horsehaulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to horsehaulin For This Useful Post:
mrvid (03-28-2012)
Go Back SprintUsers.com > The SU Lounge > The Tech News Desk > Unarmed child shot and killed in cold blood by neighborhood watch.